Only One For Me (3)

Story of a Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(3)

My summer, what can I do?

No matter how many years go by, you and me

I love you, love you, I say it again and again

But it has to be you then I can live

Let’s passionately hold hands

Holding tight to this summer night love

Our hearts are pounding, we’ve floating on clouds

Let’s stay like this, together

 

“Why did you have to do that?!” Taeyeon almost shouted, throwing her bag on the couch as her best friend entered the living room.

“What? What did I do?” the brunette innocently asked.

“Ha! You didn’t know? You just humiliated me in front of my girlfriend.”

“I was just trying to create a conversation with her. Is that humiliation?”

Taeyeon covered her face in frustration and anger, “You told her things that she still doesn’t know like how I sleep, what are the things that I like and don’t like.”

“What? Shouldn’t you be thankful that I’m trying to help you out here? At least she knows now what are the things that would make you happy and the things that won't .”

“That’s beside the point, Tiffany.” she angrily said, “You told her things that she should find out on her own. We’re just almost 3 months in the relationship. We are still getting to know each other. At our own pace. You didn’t just humiliate me. You even humiliated her in front of me like she knows nothing about me.” she said, releasing an exasperated sigh, “I agreed with you meeting her because you said you want to know her. You want to know the person that I am with. If I only knew this would happen, I shouldn’t have let you meet her.”

“And you’re regretting it now? That if I didn’t ask you about meeting her, you won’t let me meet her? You wouldn’t want me to know her? The person who has known you for years? You’re best friend? Is that how I am in your life that my opinions about anyone you’re dating doesn’t matter?” the brunette replied as she tried to look away.

The moment that she saw her best friend being close to tears, she suddenly regretted shouting at her., “Look. You matter to me a lot and your opinions matter to me but you know that at the end of the day, it’s still my decision. Tiffany, I like her and I want our relationship to last. I want this to work. I’m not getting any younger. One day, I would want to settle down with someone and I can’t afford it to be ruined.”

“Ruined?” the brunette silently repeated, “So, I’m that person who ruins your chance to one day settle down?” 

“That’s not what I meant—“ Taeyeon cursed at the wrong choice of words and was about to approach her best friend to appease her. 

“No, I get it!” she held her hand to stop her from approaching. “It’s fine. I understand now. Don’t worry, I won’t interfere with your relationship anymore because I might just ruin it.” the brunette sarcastically said, turning her heels to her room. 

“Tiffany, wa—” she tried to go after her but failed as the latter shut her door. Taeyeon grunted in frustration and massaged her head. “Stupid! Stupid!” 

***

It’s been days after their argument and they haven’t spoken to each other or even talked about what happened. 

 

One evening, Taeyeon came home late while Tiffany was waiting for her in the living room.

“Hey…” the brunette greeted. She looked at her best friend’s eyes and saw sadness in it.

“Hi…” the other replied with a timid smile.

“I cooked us dinner…”

Taeyeon looked at the dining table and smiled. She quietly sat down and the brunette followed suit.

The two quietly ate until Tiffany broke the silence. 

“Tae, I am moving out tomorrow.”

Taeyeon looked at her best friend, surprised at the sudden news.

“I already found an apartment.”

“I told you, you can stay here as long as you want…”

“I know,” she smiled, “and I’m grateful to you for letting me stay here.” she sighed, “But I can’t stay here anymore.”

The latter frowned at what she heard. 

“I’m sorry for what happened last time. I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter