Only One For Me (2)

Story of a Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've edited part 1 of this story so you might want to read that first. This is a long chapter. I'm trying to update this first before going back to writing Kiss Me Slowly again. I'm taking things slow at the moment to regain my will to continue writing again. Enjoy this chapter!

————

(2)

I’m still on my way to you
Hotter than the summer air
If I don’t hold onto you, who I longed for
I might regret it all my life

It’s not just because I miss you so much Yeah yeah yeah
Girl I swear this ain’t no booty call nah nah nah
Or because I just thought of you (nope)
Finally realized that I can’t live without you

Now I know now I know
If you want to think about it again
If you want to see me like it’s the first time, lemme know
Let’s give it a go

 

“What? She’s dating someone?”

“Not too loud, Fany-ah.”

“Sorry…”

“I heard it from Sunny.” the tall lady noticed her friend’s sullen expression. “Come on! It’s been months, Fany-ah. Give her a break.” She took another bite in her burger, “And besides you didn’t give her some definite signs to make her wait for you, did you?”

The other person frowned and sighed, “It’s not like I can give her an answer when he’s on the way up to the apartment, right? It was all of a sudden, Sooyoung. How would you expect me to give a definite sign to her? I was confused…”

“But now? Are you still confused?”

The brunette didn’t know what to answer. She was still unsure of what she feels. But what she was sure about is that she didn’t see herself being married with the guy she dated at that time. That’s why to be fair with him, she broke up with him after living together for a few months. It just didn’t feel right for Tiffany to stay in a relationship with him when she’s thinking of another person.

“So?” her friend’s voice stopped her from her train of thoughts.

“I-- I don’t know… What I know is that, I hate that we’re not talking. I-- miss her… I miss my best friend.”

“Then, why not contact her? Catch up with her…” her friend suggested.

“I don’t want to give her false hope, you know? That’s why I didn’t contact her after that. I don’t want to hurt her more than I did.”

“Sigh… Hwang Miyoung…”

“Don’t call me that!” She rolled her eyes at the mention of her Korean name

The latter ignored, “Then talk, communicate. You’ll never know if you don’t initiate or you might lose her forever, even just as your best friend.”

She sighed and leaned back on her chair.

“Fany-ah, I’m not saying you should confess like she did when I know for sure that you’re still confused about how you feel about her. Maybe, by doing that, you might be able to find your answers.”

***

Taeyeon went home late after her date. They went out to have dinner and watch a movie. The girl was younger than her for a few years and they’ve been dating for a month. Sunny scolded her for still not trying to get over Tiffany and pushed her to get out their again on the dating scene. She just hopes that this would last because she doesn’t want to date different people anymore. She wanted to settle down with someone she would want to spend the rest of her life with. She doesn’t want to live alone in this apartment -- the apartment she shared with her.

She threw her bag on the sofa then sat down. She saw her picture with her best friend on top of the tv rack. Thankfully, her girlfriend haven’t had the chance to come up to her apartment or she’ll be bombarded with questions about her best friend and why does she displays her picture with her in her apartment.

She sighed, “I wonder how is she right now.” she shook her head, “No, I should move on. I should stop thinking about her. She chose him. I should just accept that and focus on what I have right now. Right, that is what I should do.” she stood up and took their picture but stopped when her thoughts spoke to her.

“Are you going to just throw away almost 10 years of your friendship? Is it just how it is to you?”

“I’m not throwing it, okay? She will always…always be my best friend. But for now… I have to get rid whatever romantic feelings I have for her so I could still be her best friend.” she placed their picture upside down inside the drawer.

She took her bag and went inside her room to took a shower and get ready for bed. When she was about to lie down on her bed, her phone lit up, signaling an incoming message from the person she was trying to avoid for now.

“Hi, Tae. How are you? It’s been months since we last saw each other. I hope you’re doing fine. Good night.” it read.

She sighed, “Why… why can’t you just let me move on?” she said looking at the message on her phone.

She decided not to reply on her message and just sleep it over but when she was just about to sleep, her phone lit up again.

“Can we meet? I want to catch up with my best friend.”

She sighed for the nth time, “Taeyeon, move on. I’ll just have to talk to Sunny tomorrow ‘bout this.” she told herself and put her phone on the bedside table.

***

Taeyeon told her friend what happened last night over lunch but the latter was just calmly drinking her juice while her friend look so worried.

“So?”

“...”

“Sunny! I need your help here! What should I reply to her?”

Sunny put down her drink and leaned on the table, looking at her friend. “Do you wanna see her?”

“What?” she asked in disbelief.

“Do. You. Want. To See. Her?”

“Of course I do but--”

“There’s your answer.” she leaned back her chair taking her juice for another sip.

“What? After pushing me into dating again? Telling me that I should move on? And now that I’ve decided to move on, you’re telling me that I should see her just because she texted me? You’re unbelievable!”

“Taeyeon, she’s still your best friend. I didn’t tell you to not contact her, did I? What if she needs her best friend right now? What if she’s in trouble and you’re the only person she wants to see? The person that could comfort her that her friends cannot do?”

She sighed and leaned back at her chair.

“I’m sorry if I’m being inconsiderate of your feelings but Tiffany’s my friend too, you know? I honestly don’t know what’s going on in her life though. I’m just assuming. Tiffany contacting you may mean many things.”

“...”

“Would you want to stop being her best friend?”

“Of course not!”

Her friend smiled, “Then be that ‘best friend’, Taeyeon. Even if being her best friend would only be the reason to stay in her life.”

She let out a frustrating grunt. “Why is my life so complicated?”

***

Tiffany looks at the locket in her hands and opens it.

“I know that confessing my feelings to you is putting my heart and our friendship on the line. I honestly don’t want to do this. I will gladly see you happy even if it’s not with me.”

Taeyeon’s words ringed in her head.

“Are you saying we can’t be friends anymore because you have feelings for me? Am I really losing you like this?”

She sighed and put the locket back in her bag. She always brings it wherever she goes like a reminder of their friendship.

When she was about to go back to work, her phone vibrated.

“Are you free tonight? Dinner?”

Her eyes widen when she read the sender and her message. She can’t believe that she replied when she was starting to lose hope.

She let go of the computer mouse on the other hand to reply to her best friend.

“Yes! I’m free tonight. I’m done from work by 7.”

“Let’s meet at our usual dining place at 8. Do you still remember it?”

“Of course! How could I forget? I’ll see you at 8.”

“See you.”

---

Taeyeon arrived first. She feels nervous and fidgety on her seat. She honestly don’t know what she’ll do or say when she meets Tiffany again. After a few minutes, she saw her best friend at the entrance looking for her until their eyes met and she smiled at her, walking to their table.

She’s still so beautiful.

“Hi.” her best friend greeted her.

“Uh--hi…” still mesmerized by her beauty.

“Sorry for being late.”

“You’re not late. I was just too early.”

“Have you ordered?”

“Not yet. Waiting for you.”

The two gave their orders quietly ate their dinner. It was an awkward dinner as they both steal glances to each other, didn’t know what to say or how to start a conversation.

“So…” Taeyeon started, “what’s up? ”

“I’m all good… still working with Sooyoung. Nothing’s change in particular.” Except not seeing you…

Taeyeon nodded followed by another awkward silence.

“Do you hate me?” Tiffany suddenly asked.

“Wha--what? Of course not! Why would I hate you?”

“You know, you didn’t talk to me for almost 6 months after ‘that’ conversation.”

“I-- I’m sorry…” she whispered, “You didn’t contact me, either, so I thought, you’re the one who’s mad at me…you know...”

“Taeyeon…” it’s been so long since the older heard her name being called by her, “I would never hate you just because of what you said.”

She looked at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter