tuesday.

spirits and houses
Please log in to read the full chapter

An unpleasant and incessant screeching of her alarm was the sound that Joy woke up to and she wanted nothing more than to shatter her phone in that moment. Wearily she picked up her phone and squinted at the blurry numbers. ‘6:30’ it read proudly, and Joy hated herself for thinking she had to wake up that early. Joy was certain that she could get ready in twenty minutes (though after opening her front camera she quickly decided she would take well over two hours).

 

 

 

She kicked her legs over the side of her bed and stood up, her legs feeling oddly sore and weak. She blindly stumbled around the unfamiliar house looking for the bathroom. She managed to find it by running into the swung-open door. “ me!” Joy screamed into the open air, clutching her head as she stared at herself in the mirror.

 

 

 

Her face seemed different, tanner, less hollowed out and her eyes had an unfamiliar shine in them. She ran her hands up and down her face, her fingertips grated roughly against her smooth and youthful skin. She grabbed at her eyebags and tugged them down, investigating the body that was hers but felt so strange and alien.

 

 

 

Joy took a deep breath and sifted through her beauty products, and decided to do simplistic makeup. Nothing too flashy and dramatic, despite the heavy and bright hues of pinks and purples that stared her down in the eyeshadow palettes. She finished off the beauty look with swiping on a pretty gloss that she had found in the farback of the drawer. (She should really clean it out more often there were specks of something black back there that she didn’t want to know what it was from).

 

 

 

A beep rang from her phone and she instinctively grabbed for it, a message from idiot turtle. She smiled a bit, hopefully the message from Yeri was pleasant.

 

 

 

idiot turtle

 

7:50 AM

 

“thot !! almost @ ur house”

 

 

Joy scoffed, rolling her eyes and gave herself a final check in the mirror. She tightened her ponytail and practiced a genuine smile in the mirror. She repeated the smile a few times before exhaling and pushing up her cheeks, turning away to the door which had been ringing for the past eternity (three seconds).

 

“YERI-AH I’M COMING!” Joy screeched, practically kicking down the door and in the process causing Yeri to almost stumble off her porch. She smiled. “Ready~”

 

 

 

She paused for a moment before following Yeri. Her eyebrows furrowed, she wasn’t sure how she knew their name ubt something in her mind filled in the blank for her. They seemed to be close, so why was she questioning it? Plus she didn’t seem to be wrong about their name, Yeri responded to it without question.

 

 

 

Joy absentmindedly followed Yeri into the backseat of the car. Sliding next to Yeri, and thanked her for leaving the door the slightest bit open for her. “Yah! I always keep it open you .” Yeri teased, taking Joy’s thanks as a backhanded compliment. Joy played along and hit Yeri’s soldier, poking her tongue out between h

Please log in to read the full chapter