The Devil’s Spawn

Seoul city’s holy trinity

The trio was on their way home from school.

 

"I'm hungry."

"Me too."

 

Both junhoe and hayi stopped walking and gave each other a knowing look. After a quick nod, they both faced hanbin, attacking him with the puppy eyes. Making all sort of cute aegyo faces.

 

"Not gonna work on me, you guys aren't cute."

 

Hanbin continued walking, leaving the two behind. Exchanging another knowing look, it was time for plan B. Hayi and Junhoe both sprawled their body on the concrete floor, they started wailing and and threw a tantrum. 

 

 

"Aaaaaah~ Hanbin-ah! I'm so hungry, I want tteokbeoki. Hanbin-ah! Kim Hanbin~"

 

"Ah hyung! Hanbin hyung! Tteokbeokki! I'll die if I don't eat tteokbeokki today! Hyung~"

 

 

Hanbin didn't want to look back. He wanted to ignore the loud cries of his two best friend. He wasn't gonna be fooled by their devious plans. However, their loud wailing was starting to attract unwanted attention. The pedestrians had gathered around, some was even recording their uncultured behaviour. 

 

"What's going on there?"

"What are those two students doing?"

"Kids these days sure are shameless."

"They look old enough to be in high school but Why are they sprawled on the ground crying like some 5 year-old?"

 

 

SPRAWLED ON THE GROUND?! Hanbin quickly turned around and pushed through the crowd to see his friends. He almost fainted at the sight of  Hayi and Junhoe, their hair was a mess, face just plain ugly, thank god they at least had the decency to cover their school uniform with a jacket. Hanbin pondered for a while, to stop his friends from further embarrassing themselves or to abandon them and get on with his life. 

 

 

"Hanbin-ah, why are you just standing there?! Are you thinking of abandoning us?! Hanbin, you're so mean!"

 

"Hyung, you cant abandon us! We love you so much! Remember when you bought us tteokbeoki and we ate it happily and quietly?" 

 

 

Hanbin sighed in despair, these two are hopeless. He covered his face using his shirt and finally stepped out to grab each their hand, immediately he pulled them up and dragged them away as quick as possible. Yelling a quick 'I'm sorry, they're idiots but please delete the videos!' to the watching pedestrians. 

 

 

Far away from the location of the crime, hanbin finally released their hands from his grip. Trying to catch his breath, he glared at the  two grinning fools. 

 

"I can't believe you did that to me!"

 

The two culprits both gave him a sheepish smile and continued to tidy their messy hair and face. 

 

"So tteokbeoki?"

"Tteokbeoki! Go!Go!Go!"

 

And they skipped happily to the food cart down the street, leaving the exhausted boy behind.

 

Sitting on the old stool provided, Hayi and Junhoe shoved the spicy rice cake in their mouths happily.

 

"You guys are are evil,"  he stated sombrely. 

 

"Hanbin, it's 2018. We've established that fact years ago when we super glued you to your chair in preschool."

 

"Remember back in preschool, we gave hyung a fake love letter from Momo? He thought it was real and got excited all by himself, even called her his girlfriend in front of everybody."

 

 

"I hate you both."

 

"Love you too,"

"And thanks for the meal," taking one last bite, they left the food cart with a full stomach and a happy smile. 

 

"I seriously hate you two."