My Red, Angry Familiar [Chanbaek]

EXO Ficlets

Prompt : The last thing you remember from last night was drunkenly stumbling into the local occult shop. Now, you are slowly waking up to the hangovers, and find a piece of paper on your chest. It reads, in large letters ‘The undersigned has sold his soul for magical powers and a familiar.’ Your signature is at the bottom. Slowly, the smell of bacon and eggs is wafting in from the kitchen, and an inhuman voice shouts, “Master, your breakfast is ready”.

              Baekhyun stares at the note taped to his chest by a piece of electrical tape, baffled at the use of the tape that was probably the least useful in almost every situation. He blinks before huffing, he wasn’t amused. He sits up, running a hand through his messy, dark brown hair, grimacing slightly at the greasy feel of it.

              A familiar scent wafts to Baekhyun’s nose and he finds himself sniffing the air, sitting up and discarding the pain of his splitting headache. A voice almost too low to be human comes from another room and Baekhyun finds himself falling back to the cement floors of the dark basement in utter disbelief.

              “This is all just one ing whackass nightmare.”

              However, the voice once again booming from the other room is enough to seemingly pull him from the floor like a paperclip to a magnet.

              “Master, your breakfast is ready, please come and eat!”

              Baekhyun wobbles as he stands, the full effects of his killer hangover finally settling in and sending him face planting to the wall. Baekhyun’s breath is caught in his throat as he is caught by a rough set of arms, the heat emanating from them making him feel as if he was about to combust into flames.

              Baekhyun is brought back to a standing position and is turned to face the towering figure, arms a blood like red with black patterns drawn in certain spots. He moves his gaze upwards, meeting the deep violet eyes of the red figure in front of him. He can’t help but snicker as he sees the demon’s pink and blue pastel hair and dark red horns peeking out from under it.

              “Damn, I must be really ing drunk to come up with something like you…” Baekhyun laughs, smacking the tall figure on the shoulder playfully, nearly ting himself when he realizes it’s actually tangible and not part of his imagination.

              “You’ve gotta be in’ tin’ me.” Baekhyun mumbles under his breath.

              A hot, fiery grip is placed on his wrist as he is pulled out of the room, “I told you your ING BREAKFAST WAS READY!”

              Baekhyun winces at the low booming voice that seemingly bursts his eardrums, in fact, he can almost feel his ears bleeding.

              “ing ungrateful humans…” The voice booms in what seems to be a pout.