The Festival

15:42

It all started when you had your 15th birthday. Mom and Dad were already giving you a prep talk since you were a child about this 'gift' your family gave to a few of their descendants , Mom's family to be exact. So you have two chances, you either got the 'gift' or not, maybe your cousins got it.

But no. When you woke up abruptly in the midnight of your birthday, dreaming about you having another father and a different face, you know you were chosen by the universe traveler God. It was not just a dream, it was so detailed you felt like you were actually there.

When you informed Mom in the morning while having breakfast, she just stared at you calmly and hugged you. If you were not wrong, you heard your mom apologize softly while hugging you.

Present day , 5 years later

Mom always press about the 'gift' being a 'curse'. But after 5 years, you thought that it was actually a gift. You weren't using it for bad things, but only for fun and nescessary stuffs. For example, you could see the questions for the test in two days. Well, that's cheating but it was for nescessary stuff, right? What you mean is getting good score on a hard subject.

But the most exciting thing to see was everything about your soulmate. You started having an idea to see him before actually meeting when you were 17, when your step brother, Mingyu, met his. When you first visioned your soulmate, in year 2018 you saw him working on something in his computer in a music studio. 'So he's probably in the music industry or he's studying something music related' was the thought that ran in your head.

When you saw his face, your heart started to pick up its pace. His hair was tucked inside his beanie, he had a really soft and healthy complexion of skin and of course, the small arrow black marking on his left neck was visible. He was definitely your soulmate, hence the same marking on your neck.

After that trip,you started to vision him in your own universe almost everyday, realizing that you weren't going to meet him in a very close time. What you visioned was a concert in your university, him playing the guitar and sang his heart out with his fellow band member.

And that day was today.

"Stop moving your leg, or i'll push you in the fountain." Seungkwan chimmed while fanning himself with a brochure he got from the worker infront of the electronic store you usually passed when you went to campus from the dorms. "Shut up boo, you know I'm nervous about meeting him today. It's in 3 hours and 16 minutes." Seungkwan flipped the brochure a little bit faster than before and tsked.

"You really know how to push my button. My soulmate is from overseas, how am i supposed to talk her? And by the way, you're so detailed about your vision. Sooyeong noona never told me about the day i'll meet her. Only the month and year. Ugh she's such a lazy ."

"Boo boo you can ask me next time ok?" "It's kinda late but I appreciate it. Thanks (Y/N)." Just as he finished, Hansol arrived with our tickets.
"Hey (Y/N), Seungkwan! The backstage is so crowded and very hectic,sorry to keep you waiting." He handed out the tickets and Seungkwan took it as fast as the lightning. "Thank goodness. I am dying here because of the sun. Thanks Hansol, (Y/N) is in debt for you forever now."

Hansol laughed and his walkie talkie beeped. "Oh I have to go back now. Have fun guys!" He waved at us and went back into the staff only area. Seungkwan stood up from the marble of the fountain, gesturing you to stand up too. "Come on, prince charming is about to perform." You rolled your eyes and started walking to the entrance area of the building behind the fountain.

 


The hall was already packed with either your college mates or the dedicated fans of the group who's going to perform today. You and Seungkwan luckily got the second row middle section.

"This is heaven." Seungkwan commented the room temperature, thanking the air conditioner. You nodded and opened your small backpack to grab your glasses only to find it absent. You searched once again, hoping it was just slipped inside the pocket but only to find nothing. Seungkwan noticed your frantic stature and leaned on his arm seat. "What's wrong?" His face contorted in concern when he saw you slumped your shoulders.

"... I think I left my glasses in the dorms.." Seungkwan inhaled deeply and quickly pulled out his phone, searching Yunjin's contact.

"We're sorry; you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in--" "I swear to God, Huh Yunjin bout to catch these hands when we finally reach her!" He exclaimed after Yunjin didn't pick up the phone. You glanced at the time on your phone, it was 13.04, 2 hours and 38 minutes till you meet him.

"Seungkwan I think I'm going to run to the dorms. I still have 2 hours." Seungkwan nodded. "Wait why don't you take Mingyu's bike with you?"

 


"Tell me again why are we rushing to the dorms?" Your step brother asked why while pedalling his bike the fastest you've ever seen. You bet other people would cast him as the flash if he saw how fast he is.

"I left my glasses in my dorm, and Yunjin is probably sleeping. She crammed studying till 3 am for the finals today." Finally after 1840927 years, you two arrived at the dorms. You ran inside the girls building and quickly went to your floor, 3rd floor. With your keys in your hand , you opened your and Yunjin's room.

"Oh my-- (Y/N)? Aren't you--" "Shh Yunjin I'm busy here. Help me find my glasses!" Yunjin scurried up from her bed and searched your desk for your glasses. "It's here!" She grabbed the black glasses case and opened it to check if it's there.

You exhaled in relief and plopped your body on your bed. The clock ticking on Yunjin's side of the room caught your attention. 14.50 , it was like the clock was mocking you as it kept on ticking. You widened your eyes and took the glasses from Yunjin. "Thanks Yunjin! Just text me if you want any food from the festival!" You saw Yunjin saluted at you before you close your white bedroom door.

 


"What the hell took you so long?" Seungkwan hugged you when you arrived at the hall. "You're asking me as if you don't know that this hall is so far from my dorm building." You took the water bottle he gave you and sat at your seat.
"The show has already started since one hour ago and I'm so afraid that you'll miss seeing him."

"If it's destiny, doesn't what matter you do it will eventually happen Seungkwan." Seungkwan raised his eyebrows at your statement "I don't really agree with you. You can change your destiny with your actions. Isn't that why alternate universe exist? There are so many options of what could happen because of a small action. Correction,what you thought is a small action is actually a big one that could change your life forever."

Seungkwan's little speech made you think, that maybe his thought about the subject was partially true. Your train of thoughts were cut off by Seungkwan insanely big gasp (the audience beside us hushed him). "It is time! Grab your glasses and let's watch the stage!"

As if on cue , the mc went up to the stage after the blackpink dance cover group finished their performance. "Thank you HiFriday for the performance! Now onto the last but not least performer, this is their debut stage after 1 year of practicing. Please welcome, Dream!"
Your heartbeat went erratic as the cheers from the crowd got louder. Finally, this is it. You're finally meeting him.

~ Day6 'I Smile' plays ~

It’s been a while
I didn’t think you’d call first

The guitarist started the song and the crowd went wild.

“If you’re free,
Let’s meet up”
How can I say no to that?


Now your eyes focused on the other guitarist on the left side of the stage.
You swear to yourself that you don't believe in love at first sight, but you think now it have change.
It's him.
He looks exactly as what you've seen in your visions. Soft jet black hair , round specs rest on his nose, playing the navy blue guitar. That's definitely him. Then he started opening his mouth.

But today, I smile
Even though it hurts, I smile
In front of you
I pretend that I’m fine
I pretend that I’m okay
I have to


You don't know what heaven sounds like but you thought that you just heard it. It is safe to say that you're whipped to this not so stranger but also not so acquaintance.
When the synth player started doing his solo, his gaze wandered and finally rests at you. Your heart thumped loudly, all you can hear was your heart beat and the beautiful synth that was playing. As if the crowd disperse and there was only the two of you in the room. You uknowingly touched the small black arrow on your neck. His eyes widened and started to panic inside. His hand slowly reached his neck and grazed at his black marking too. You smiled looking at his action, just as the synth solo ended. And he knew from that , he just founded his soulmate.

 

 

The song ended by him looking down on his guitar, probably too nervous to digest that his soulmate was right in front of him. 

"Good evening everyone! Did you like our first performance?" Minghao , the main vocalist, greeted the crowd. "Most of you probably know about us but some of you might not know. So we're going to introduce ourselves!"

It was cue for the one on the far left to start introducing themselves. It was your soulmate. He grabbed the mic in its holder and accidentaly flicked on the top part. A loud sound came out from the speaker and everyone was closing their ears.

"Bro you must be nervous because all of the audience are beautiful" Minghao tried to joke and it slightly worked. Everyone in the audience laughed and your soulmate gave a silly grin.

"Hi my name is Jihoon and I play the guitar" He waved to the crowd and everyone was hollering. Jihoon. What a lovely name for a lovely person. 

"My name is Minghao and I'm the vocalist"

"Hey everyone this is bassist Eve!" 

"Hi I'm Joshua" The drummer said. The girls behind you were swooning at him. He must be the most popular.

"And lastly, I'm Miyu on synth and keyboard" Miyu bowed as the audience cheered on her. "Ok we have one final song. Hint, it's our new song" 

"I like you" The crowd chanted , even Seungkwan chanted beside you. Minghao grinned and nodded. "Next song is I like you. Please sing along with us!"

 

 

"Oh my God that was fun. Did you have fun (Y/N)?" Seungkwan asked excitedly. You both were still in the hall, waiting for everyone to go out. "Totally! Have a guess on which one is my soulmate!"

Seungkwan knitted his eyebrows while recalling Dream's performance. "Sorry I don't know" Seungkwan scratched his head sheepisly. You frowned and smacked his arms playfully. 

"Just kidding! It was blue guitar right? Your gaze towards him were so intense I can't miss that out" He wiggled his eyebrows. You were about to smack him again when Seungkwan gasped loudly.

"What the hell boo?"

"Behind you!"

"Don't make me nervous! What do you mean behind me?" 

"He's probably talking about me" an unfamiliar voice rang through your ears, turning your whole body to the intruder behind you. 

Jihoon.

Your eyes widen and you could feel your hands getting sweaty. "Uh hi I'm Jihoon" he awkwardly put his hand out, waiting for you to shake it. "Yeah I know," his cheeks turned into a rosy shade at this "I'm (Y/N). And this is--" you turned around to introduce Seungkwan too but he's already lining up for the exit.

"Seungkwan. Don't bother him" And you grasped his hand inside yours. You two stared at each other for a few seconds when you realized and quickly taking your hand back.

"(Y/N) I know this is crazy but I think you are my soulmate" Jihoon couldn't hide his smile anymore. You smiled back at him and reached out for his hand. "I am." You guided his fingertips to the mark on your neck. The mark slowly change color to baby pink. That was all to confirm it. "Can I touch yours too?" You asked nervously. "Of course. It's yours anyway." Jihoon grinned.

This boy really know how to play with your heart, even at your first meeting. He leaned his neck towards you and guided your hand with his to his mark. Your fingertips touched the marking and suddenly you felt a zap. A vision started to cloud on your mind. 

 

"Look out!"

Cars screeching, the sound of rain hammering your ears falling to the concrete.

Blood

Raindrops

Tears

All you see is red

 

You abruptly take your hand off him and hold it tight to your chest. You blinked and tears started to fall down freely.

"Hey are you ok? Did I hurt you?" Jihoon asked concernedly, wiping the tears from your face like it was the most normal thing to do. You slowly nodded and he cupped your face. "I'm always here for you. Please don't cry" He pushed you into his arms and your head affectionately.

You gripped his shirt and tears kept on falling, staining his pristine white tshirt. Thank God he was wearing an outer shirt that can cover your tear stain.

Jihoon you didn't hurt me.

It was me who hurt you.