Healing

Skate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yebin POV

It's been three weeks since the embarrassing incident that had occurred next to the tennis courts. In the meantime, the sore had healed into a scar after relentless weeks of my friends teasing me for it. I was far from being in the mood to go to school mainly because of me not wanting to sit on the bus for thirty-five minutes straight. I only had to catch the bus before school because my mother left for work every morning at a ridiculous time, she was back in time to pick me up after school if she didn't have to work extra hours. Her being a single parent with one child made things both difficult and easy when it came to dealing with me. 

I took a seat around the back part of the bus with a majority of the seats still available. I fished the jumbled up mess that was my earphones out of my pocket and began to unravel them to attempt to use them. I shoved them in my ears and began to play my music out of a random playlist. The bus came to a stop as more students took their place on a seat. I pulled the earphones out of my ears as my eyes came across a familiar face which baffled me at that moment seeing her here. "Kyulkyung Yah!" I whispered but loud enough for her to hear me while tapping the seat next to me. I knew something was off straight away when I saw her bloodshot eyes and tear-stained cheeks. Luckily enough she saw me and didn't choose to ignore my offer. She didn't say a word when she sat next to me only sniffled and reached for my hand to fiddle with. "Kyul what's wrong?" I whispered while her hand to calm her down. "My parents are fighting again" she muffled out, her voice barely audible. "I'm sorry Kyul" is all I could say, knowing well enough what she's going through since I had experienced the same situation before myself. 

"Is that why you had to take the bus today?" She hummed a positive response and shifted her head onto my shoulder. "Sorry to start your morning off like this" Kyulkyung apologizes making me feel bad."It's completely fine, I'm just glad you talked to me" I reassured the worried girl."How are you getting home this afternoon?" I questioned, "My Dad said he was going to try to make an effort to pick me up" she answered easily. "Okay just text me if you need me to drop you home", "Yeah thanks Yebs" She smiled a cheesy grin. 

Every student came piling out of the bus all going their separate directions for each class, but Kyulkyung and I remained together. "Do you think Eunwoo's going to be late today" Kyulkyung questioned referring to band practice our friend was occasionally late for. "Probably!" I chuckled remembering all the times Eunwoo came rushing in late. Our group of five made an effort every Friday morning before class to try and practice as a band. The band was nothing much and progress was never really made during practice. I pushed the wooden music door open carefully but I was stopped in my tracks, coming across an absorbed Sungyeon playing the piano. Kyulkyung and I made sure not to disturb her and watched and listened from a distance. The younger girl was playing the instrument effortlessly, as she sweetly sung along to what it seems to be 'I Need U' by BTS. Sungyeon didn't seem to notice th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter