Runaway Part 2

Runaway Loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Where are we going?" Kibum asked as he stared outside the passenger seat window. 

"Seoul." 

"Seoul? You want to go all the way to Seoul Jonghyun?" Kibum whipped his head around. 

"Yep. I mean why not?”

“That’s such a long drive.”

“Roo can handle it.” Jonghyun said referring to his car. He named her after his old puppy he had.

 "Seoul is expensive too..."

 "You just have to know what parts to go to." Jonghyun smiled. 

Although still skeptical Jonghyun’s determination and smile made him smile slightly. 

He loved this man, he really did. He couldn't believe what they were even doing. But if they didn't leave they'd be stuck at home with people who wanted to tear them apart. It was about a three hour drive from where they were. They only had to make two gas stops, but that was already a little bit of their money gone. It didn't seem like much, but it would all add up eventually. 

It was still sometime in the afternoon, around six and Jonghyun was worn out from driving. 

"Let's just stay in a cheap goshiwan for some nights? I know where one is...it may not be in the best condition but it can give us a place to rest for a little bit and time to plan more stuff out." Jonghyun said sleepily. Kibum agreed not feeling a reason to disagree. Luckily they found a cheap goshiwan that only charged ninety dollars for week.

They figured it probably really wasn't the best looking place but they took it anyway. They brought up some of their clothes, some blankets and a few snacks they had up to the room. 

"It's not that bad..." Kibum said examining the room after he opened the door. Well they could hardly call it a room. It was a very tiny room, barely big enough for the both of them. The room was made for one person but they asked for the cheapest room which happen to be the small singular room. The bed was a twin size and took up half of the space. Their bags took up space on the floor so they stuffed it under the bed. It didn't provide a desk and the air conditioning was really weak so it was a little warm in there. The showers were shared with other tenants and was down the hall. 

"It's a bit small, but we can make it work." Jonghyun said plopping down on the bed. Kibum decided to take a seat on his lap. He leaned his head on top of his and closed his eyes. 

"Do you really think we can do this?" 

"Of course baby. We have each other." Jonghyun said playing with Kibum's fingers. 

"It's funny. Everyone else is probably with their families celebrating and we're here in a little hostel running away from everything." Kibum said. 

They sat like that for a little while quietly letting their words sink. But Kibum didn’t want to think about that. He wanted a distraction so Kibum got up just to sit back down on him and straddled his hips. He leaned forward to kiss him and drag his tongue across his. 

"I'm guessing you’re in the mood?" Jonghyun mumbled. 

"How could I not be around you?" Kibum smirked. They leaned back into each other to start kissing again but it was cut short when Jonghyun started feeling him up but made Kibum flinch when he touched a certain area. 

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked backing up and trying to figure out his pained expression. 

"It's nothing..." But Jonghyun didn't believe that. He lifted up his shirt to see what was wrong with the area he touched. "Holy Kibum, after these weeks the bruise on your ribs is still there." Kibum rolled his eyes and slide his shirt back down. 

"If it makes you that uncomfortable we can do this with my shirt on then." He said irritated.

"Bum that's not it, it's the fact that you haven't healed yet." Kibum rolled off of him to lay on his side, but that motion caused him to overwork that area and made him groan. 

To be honest his bruise hurt really bad, he was okay when he didn't move to much but when he did it felt like someone was stabbing his side. He curled in on himself, his back against Jonghyun. 

"Baby are you okay?" Jonghyun asked worry laced in his tone. 

Kibum only gave him a weak thumbs up, but obviously he wasn't. Jonghyun didn't know what to do, so he took to rubbing his back and just leaving kisses on his neck trying to comfort him. 

Maybe he should go buy him so pain killers from the corner store later. They eventually fell asleep, Kibum nodding off at his boyfriends warm touches and Jonghyun holding him in his arms and sleep hitting him too after driving for so long. 

But a few hours later Jonghyun woke up and saw Kibum was still sleeping in his arms. He figured now would be a good time to go get him some pain killers. He gently lifted his head off his arm. He grabbed some money from his wallet and made way to the corner store that was nothing but a ten minute walk. He bought some ibuprofen and a few cheap snacks that would last for a few days. When he made his way back he wasn't expecting to see his boyfriend in tears and looking frantic. 

"Jonghyun where the hell were you?!" Kibum yelled. 

What? He was only gone for no more than twenty minutes. 

"Huh? What's wrong? What happend?" He said trying to calm him down. But Kibum took a step back from him. 

"I w-woke up and you were gone! I tried calling your phone but you didn't ing answer! I thought-I thought you left me!" He said wiping away a tear. Oops, Jonghyun’s phone must have been on silent.

"Come on now, why would I leave you?" His stuff was still there, if Kibum would have checked he would have saw. But he probably just woke up delirious and confused from his sleep and wasn't thinking properly. 

"I-I don't know. What if you changed your mind and didn't want to do this anymore?" "You think I would just up and leave you like that? If I had thoughts of changing my mind I'd definitely bring you back with me! I'd never do something like that to you, I love you!" He said raising his voice a little. But he watched as Kibum ducked his head down in shame and crossed his arms. He put his bags with the snacks and medicine down and walked over to hug him. Kibum buried his face in Jonghyun's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." Kibum said.

"I'm just scared. We're in this new place with no definite plans. I'm just confused and I don't know how we’ll make it." He continued. 

Jonghyun was scared too but he didn't voice it. He wanted to seem strong for him. He laid him back down on the bed. "Here take these. It should help with the pains a little." He said. He gave him a bottle of water he bought to take the pills with. They both laid on their sides facing each other. 

"Let's get some more rest, okay?" 

"Okay." 

“I love you.”

 

 

 The first two days he had Kibum in bed rest, but he saw how Kibum’s bruise on his ribs weren’t getting any better by the third day. And Kibum wheezed and breathed heavy when he got up to go to the bathroom or showered.

This scared Jonghyun.

But this annoyed Kibum, because now he thought Jonghyun was worrying to much.

“My god...Jonghyun please leave me alone, I’m tired.” Kibum moaned.

“I’m serious Kibum. You need to see a doctor!”

Kibum rolled his eyes.

They had been arguing about taking him to the doctor the past few days. They were both fed up with this discussion now.

“This isn’t safe! You breathe heavy whenever you move! Your so tired because you’re doped up on ibuprofen everyday! Your rib is still bruised. Aren’t you worried? At all?!” Jonghyun said throwing his hands up in the air.

“I’m trying to nap.”

“Kibu-“

“Jonghyun! I. Am. Fine. I get injuries like this all the time remember? I’ll survive.”

“You could have broken something!”

“I’m stronger than you think Jjong, I’m not weak! I don’t need your help! I’m not some fragile little boy! I can fend for myself. Stop telling me what to do.”

Kibum yelled trying to sit himself up.

Jonghyun saw he was taking this to heart. He knew Kibum thought he was controlling him like his father and felt like he was calling him weak like his father did.

He dipped down to the bed to try to get Kibum to lay back down.

“Don’t touch me! I don’t need your help...” He said laying back down on his own.

Jonghyun flinched. Kibum’s behavior was breaking his heart. 

“Bum, look at me.” 

Kibum looked at him from the corner of his eye.

“I’m not your father. And I’ll never be anything like him.” He said seriously. 

“I’m not telling you what to do, I’m just trying to help you. And I don’t want to see you like this...hurt and in pain. I don’t want to see you hurt like he did. I care about you, so much. I love you, let me take care of you.” He said sincerely.

Now Kibum felt guilty. And dramatic.

His boyfriend was trying to help. And he was pushing him away because he was letting his emotions get the best of him. 

He wasn’t with his father anymore, he was with Jonghyun. He was safe and loved. 

“I’m...I’m sorry Jjong.” His eyes watered and Jonghyun scooped Kibum up in his arms gently and left light kisses on his forehead. 

“It’s okay baby.”

“I feel like...such a burden.”

Jonghyun laughed lightly.

“Loving you could never be a burden.” 

 

-

 

Kibum finally agreed to let Jonghyun take him to the free clinic down the street. 

He was currently in the room with the doctor being examined.

“Ahh, just like I thought.” The doctor said.

Jonghyun looked on worriedly.

“Based off of the symptoms your friend has told me, you have a hairline fracture in your rib.”

Jonghyun shook his head in disappointment and gave Kibum an ‘I told you so’ look, but didn’t voice it.

Kibum only shrugged his shoulders like it was normal.

“Now the best thing to do is to keep taking your pain medication, only when you feel the pain is overbearing and to rest. Exercising or too much movement will delay the healing process and can cause stress in the fracture and cause it to really fracture all the way through the bone, which is unsafe because it can puncture a lung young man.” The doctor continued.

Kibum watched Jonghyun switch back and forth to resting on either foot and saw his hands start to tremble. 

Great, now he was going to have Jonghyun worry about him worse than before.

“Okay...” Kibum mumbled.

“Now can you tell me again how this happened...?” The doctor asked with an eyebrow raised as he lifted up Kibum’s shirt to examine the bruise again.

“I fell down the steps.” Kibum said nonchalantly. 

“How?”

“Someone bumped into me I think.”

The doctor was obviously having a hard time believing this seeing as his bruise was in a shape of a foot print. 

Jonghyun was itching to tell the truth, but Kibum made it clear that he would not spill any of his business to the doctor under any circumstances.

“I see...as for your bruise, the discoloration will go away eventually with healing. Your...fall...must have had applied a lot of pressure to break your capillaries like that to cause it too leave such a bruise.”

“Right...” Kibum nodded.

The dark purplish color has lightened up to a more medium purple blush color since, but it still looked bad.

The left the doctors with his care instructions permanently in Jonghyun’s head.

Kibum could sense Jonghyun’s anger. He knew he was upset with him for waiting so long to be seen and diagnosed.

“Jjong...”

“Look,” He said immediately interrupting him. 

“When we get back just try to rest, okay? I’m gonna go for a walk.”

 

 

Aside from their many worries from the week, tomorrow was their last night left in their goshiwan. 

They had been stressing about where to stay after this week was up, but couldn’t find anywhere reasonable. Everything was so unplanned. And if you haven’t noticed still Kibum hated seeing his boyfriend worry.

“Bum, we have to find somewhere else to stay and immeaditly find some jobs after, Well at least I do. You rest until you feel better.”

“I know...” Kibum mumbled.

They had been looking through various adds of people looking for roommates for reasonable prices. They realized they may have to hide their relationship but they were in desperate need of somewhere to stay. 

“W-wait! I forgot Jjong!” Kibum grabbed his laptop that that he packed with him off the bed stand.

He opened it as he started tappping at his keys. Jonghyun watching him eagerly.

“I completely forgot. I found this one great add. He posted it saying he needs a roommate desperately soon, but he said the room is small but two people could stay in it and we would all split the rent between us three. And rent isn’t to high either. And they don’t require and any background checks.” 

“Let me see.” Jonghyun has to read slowly because of his dyslexia and tried to comprehend.

“His name is...Lee Jinki?”

“Yep, and he said to call him soon as possible, what do you think? He seems like he’s in desperate need. We just may be able to move in quickly.”

 

-

 

“Read to me Jonghyun.” Kibum mumbled. They were lying in bed, Jonghyun’s head on Kibum’s chest. Kibum caressed his face and played with his wavy locks.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun said looking at Kibum worriedly.

Jonghyun hates reading out loud, his dyslexia made him stutter. It was embarrassing.

He had gotten a lot better over the years, but he still struggled and he didn’t understand why. But he always had Kibum helping him outside of school and tutored him.

“Please? I know you were progressing so well in your last reading class.”

Jonghyun sighed and asked him what book he wanted. Kibum smiled and pointed to a bag that sat next to the bed. 

“The...the prince and...the dragon.” Jonghyun said trying not to stumble over his words as he read the title.

“Bum this fairytale is ancient. Why do you want me to read you such a thing?” Jonghyun teased. He knew it was his favorite child story.

Kibum rolled his eyes.

“Just lay down and read it to me.” He said with pouting lips.

“Okay, okay.” He obliged.

He couldn’t deny him. 

 

 

The next morning Jonghyun woke up early with Kibum in his arms. He didn’t want to call last night because it was already late and he thought it be rude.

So with his groggy morning voice he called Lee Jinki.

“Hello, who’s calling?” The man answered. His voice was smooth, like honey. He imagine he would be a great singer.

“Yes, is this Lee Jinki-ssi?” 

“This is he.”

“I was calling about your add in the-“

“Oh! Thank goodness! I was becoming desperate. My landlord was starting a new policy where I had to pay the whole rent by myself! Are you looking for somewhere to stay for a while?” He said in one breathe.

He sounded like a nice funny guy.

“Um, yes actually. Me and a friend.”

“Great! That’s great! When can you come over and talk this over?” He asked excitedly.

“Today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter