Fan in Fatigues

EunHae Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Description: While serving in the military Hyukjae (aka the idol Eunhyuk) learns that his favorite fan fiction author, Donghae, is in his squad.

Rating: I used the word “hell,” so… PG?  I dunno.

Genre: MilitaryAU

Length: 1,155 words

Notes:  I actually posted this before, but it was only up for a few days before I gave up on it.  Writing a military story while they were actually in the military was just too depressing.  If you like it, then read Fan Service, because they’re basically the same story lol

 

 

Since beginning his mandatory military training Hyukjae couldn't help but compare his life as a military recruit to what he remembered of his life as an idol recruit.  As a singer it was easy enough to learn the marching songs, especially since the military valued rough 'manly' singing as opposed to anything that resembled actual vocal skill.  The endless marching routines were simpler than the dance routines he was used to learning, so although they were annoyingly repetitive, they were nothing to stress out about.  Tactics lessons were tolerable and weapon drills brought out his competitive side.  Life in the military was actually quite agreeable, except for one very important thing that he missed dearly; fan fiction.

Hyukjae's favorite part about being an idol was the copious amounts of fan fiction written about him.  He had always been a fan of role-playing; unfortunately, he didn't have any talent as an actor, but through fan fiction he had become a doctor, a werewolf, and even a pregnant hooker.  Not to mention he had a fabulous life, as opposed to real life where he wasn't allowed to even hug someone without causing a huge scandal.

Needless to say, Hyukjae was excited for his first vacation.  The vacation wasn't long, only a couple of days, and by some of luck his company didn't schedule anything during those two days, so Hyukjae was able to do anything he wanted to with his free time.  He planned on spending the entire time in bed, either sleeping or curled up with some take-out and his laptop.  He thought it was funny that everyone assumed he was a total addict because he was always being secretive on his laptop, but in reality he was just reading fan fictions... which were just as most of the time, so he didn't bother denying it.

While relaxing in bed and waiting for his food to cool down Hyukjae navigated his way through his favorites tab looking for his favorite author; MokpoFish861015 updated often, so Hyukjae knew he would have plenty of material to catch up on.  There were many reasons why Fish was his favorite author.  He only wrote 'Eunhyuk' fan fiction, which made Hyukjae feel special, he updated often, and his stories were always interesting.  He didn't always write using the same theme or genre, he really mixed it up and did it well, so Hyukjae got to imagine himself in all kinds of dangerous or absurd situations; he did, like many fan fiction authors, however, include a lot of really, really, good scenes.  Maybe it was because the scenes were about himself, or maybe as a guy F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter