2am

I'd Steal the Moon and the Stars (Just to be Where You Are)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2am

Byulyi stays up late to finish some work.

_______________________________

 

The room was dark, save for the lowly lit desk lamp just across from Byulyi. Scribbled-on sheets of paper lay scattered in front of her – some forgotten completely, some saved for later in a mental catalog.

Her head was full, yet so empty at the same time. Her mind was running like crazy, yet she couldn't conjure up the thoughts she particularly needed.

She was drowning in lyrics.

Byulyi had been working on these lyrics for a few days, but she still wasn't finished. To boot, she was expected to turn them in completed that upcoming morning for review.

After some time, the walls of Byulyi’s concentration crumbled. She was into the reality of the world around her, instead of the lyric filled realm that was her mind.

Having lost track of time, she looked over at the desk’s clock. She found that she had been trapped in her head for about twenty minutes.

And that it was now a little past two in the morning.

Byulyi sighed.

She sat back in her chair and pushed her round glasses onto the top of her head, rubbing her strained, tired eyes.

In coming back to a state of consciousness, she realized just how exhausted she truly was.

‘The sooner you finish this, the sooner you can go to bed,’ she told herself.

After a quick stretch, she sat forward once again, steeling herself to finish the rest of her work so that she could get some well-deserved rest.

The world of concentration just about enveloped her once more when the soft sound of lazy footsteps reached her ears in the otherwise silent apartment. They grew louder as they drew closer to her.

Closer and closer, rounding the corner and entering the small study, until they were dragging right up to her.

A gentle touch set upon her shoulders from behind. Arms wrapped around until a face was buried into her neck.

A sleepy smile graced Byulyi’s face. ‘Yongsun.’

As if an instinct, Byulyi laid her pencil down to place he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter