five

break my head (not my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V. chrysanthemum —slighted loved

 

 

Sunggyu let himself into the apartment complex and tossed his keys onto the bowl. The interior was dark and somewhat gloomy, completely void of any presences of a human. He glances around, taking in the dim light for comfort.

 

He’d always hate it to be left alone in the apartment, had known how it would be without Woohyun—too quiet and it seemed like Sunggyu needs to spend most of his time waiting and waiting. He’d entertain himself with the vivid visual of their time together and thousands of ‘what ifs’ if the raven was here. 

 

He can’t deny that the thoughts of Woohyun avoiding him hurt like a .

 

He shivered, his lips quivering as he remembered every single sound he’d made, his breathing, his words. His lips on Woohyun, his taste. How he actually felt. They’re royally ed up, and he knows that things won’t ever go back to normal again. They need to face the consequences of their actions.

 

His feeling was all over the places. Was it regret? No, never. He would never regret the things that happened between them. He would never humiliate Woohyun like that. But Woohyun? From the beginning, he had separated Sunggyu into a whole different category.

 

But he was as much as a best friend as he could be.

 

Sunggyu sighed. “This whole thing seriously driving me crazy.” He climbed out of his bed and pulled out his smartphone. It was nice to have various sets of friends. Good friends who’d do anything for you without asking for too many questions. He has that kind of friendship with Dongwoo, and he’s lucky enough to have it with the other.
    
 

“H-hey, where are you?” His tone was so soft and full of guilt that Sunggyu was more than sure that Dongwoo wouldn’t be able to hear if he didn’t give his full attention to the call.

 

“I’ve just finished my presentation,” Dongwoo replied, adjusting the phone in between his shoulder and ear to pack his belongings into his bag. “Do you need something?”

 

“J-just can you come to my apartment right now?” Kim Sunggyu might be a whole package of sunshine and rainbow, but there’ll will some days—like right now—where he felt self-conscious and terribly down and he needs nothing more than reassurance and a good company to collect the scattered pieces of his heart back. 

 

Woohyun used to be there to comfort him, but right now, with the whole fiasco that has been happening, he was more than freaking sure that meeting him is the last thing that Woohyun wants to do. 

 

“Or are you busy?” The thought of invading Dongwoo’s time bring him to his lowest downfall, and before he knows it, he’s begun to rambling. “On second thought, maybe you shouldn’t be here. I think I’m sleepy and yeah, I need to sleep. Got a whole bunch of class to attend tomorrow—”

 

“Hey hey, Gyu. Breathe, come on.” The blonde simply replied to stop the rumble. “You’re not a burden to me. I’m your best friend hyung, I want to be there for you.”

 

“B-but—”

 

“No but. I’ll be there in a ten. Take out?”

 

Sunggyu sighed softly. “Yes, please. I’ve zero talent in the kitchen, wouldn’t want to burn the microwave again.”

 

“Okay, wait for me. I love you hyung, please refrain yourself from thinking too much.”

 

Sunggyu laughed, pleased with his best friend’s words. It was a stone-cold lie, and they both knew it. Sunggyu closes his eyes and nodded his head even though Dongwoo can’t see his expressions right now. “I will, Woo. See you.”


 

(Sunggyu doesn’t say that their immediate farewell reminds him of Woohyun’s words two years ago, when they were still in a sophomore and junior year. Back then, with Woohyun’s thumb rubbing a soothing circle on the back of his hands, Woohyun smile and beamed at Sunggyu.

“You have such a pretty eye, Angel,” he said.)

 

And it takes Sunggyu two freaking years and a whole lot of drama to freaking finally understand what does statement meant to him.

 

 

Dongwoo ignored the security and headed to Sunggyu’s apartment, giving a polite nodded when they stare at him, but didn’t wait for a response. He has an actual concern waiting for him upstairs, bundling up in a comforter for a safety.

 

Dongwoo surveyed the other calmly and waited. He won’t use this uncertainty, to second-guessing his decision. He has decided to not interfere with the two problems, but looking at the brunette, he can’t help but agree with the absolute knowledge that they’re royally ed up.

 

“Seriously,” Dongwoo muttered. “This is so ed up.”

 

Sunggyu only responded with a shrugged, raised one eyebrow in questions. “Hello to you too, best friend.”

 

“Did Woohyun left anything before he disappeared? Like a note or something.” He takes their food out of the container— opts to eat the food directly from the container, saving times and effort for a proper plate.

 

“You think I would be in this kind of situations if he did that?”

 

Dongwoo’s mouth twist in sympathy. “Try to see it from his point of view Gyu. He may be your best friend, but he’s a man too. A handsome man who’s obviously too coward to confront you about his feelings.”

 

Sunggyu made a strangled sound that got stuck in his throat. It was all he could do to childishly cover his ear and continue to live in denial. Woohyun is innocence until proven guilty. Granted, if he’s to be asked about his feelings for Sunggyu, Woohyun would be guilty as charged.

 

“Oh, me.”

 

Dongwoo laughed then clapped a hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “No, thank you, baby. But seriously, what are you going to do now? Talk to him?” Dongwoo asked bluntly, finally putting to question what Sunggyu had privately wondered over the last few days.

 

“Maybe. But I’m—I never know that he saw me as something more than best friend Dongwoo.”

 

“Don’t put the blame on yourself. You think if Woohyun was so good at expressing himself, you guys would be in this kind of situations?”

 

Sunggyu didn’t immediately deny the questions, nor did he act defensive over the idea. Which mean he has been thinking about the idea for a little while now.

 

“I need to find him first for us to talk. Oh God, I’m being selfish. Woohyun takes a good care of me, he was everything that I need. He’s finally losing his mind because of my stupid self.”

 

“That’s not selfish.” Dongwoo retorted back. “Have you seen him? You need to tell him about that night clearly. Or did you still mad at him?”

 

Sunggyu shook his head. “No. You know it was mutual. I can handle my drink well, and I wouldn’t do anything that I will regret later even if I was drunk.”

 

“But does Woohyun know? You know it would destroy him if he thought he was making you unhappy by doing something out of his control.”

 

“No. Not now anyway.”

 

Dongwoo had never admitted to Sunggyu that he know Woohyun’s feelings were beyond a friendship, the fact that he loves Sunggyu more than a best friend should. He’d only share what he needs with Sunggyu because it wasn’t his place to talk. And he’s glad now that he hasn’t because it might cause a rift in their relationship. 

 

He might be overreacted. 

 

But he will drag Hoya to confront Woohyun about the matter if he the two idiots didn’t talk about their situations soon. He hates the idea of his friend hurting in any way. And he knows, whatever the reasons why, that Woohyun wasn’t ready and they can only wait until the right time.

 

“It’ll work out. Have some faith Sunggyu.”

 


▪ ▪ ▪

 


Needless to say, Sunggyu has close to none faith on Woohyun and decided to actually do something, which explains his exact locations right now. Kim Sunggyu is an aspiring STEM major, and the only reason he will step into a business department’s building would be because of a certain Nam Woohyun.

 

Just like the raven, Sunggyu has been memorizing Woohyun’s schedule like it’s not a big deal. It’s convenient whenever they decided to plan a last minute date or whatever. And now that Sunggyu thinks about it, he never walks into the building before without Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu had reached his breaking point and he needs to know where his best friend is before he did the actual embarrassing things just to seek him out.

 

ing great, Sunggyu thinks in his mind, sighing as he sees the door to the business ethics class become crowded with the students that are leaving for their next schedule. Sunggyu approaches the crowd and as soon as they see the pretty upperclassman, they move to the side to get him to pass through, wondering why the infamous STEM Major Kim Sunggyu walking around in their department.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter