three

break my head (not my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

lll. Daffodil —regard 

 

 

“Should I be concerned with your tardiness right now—like I’ve been waiting for half an hour, sweetheart?” Dongwoo said in a gentle tone. Sunggyu flinched and closed his eyes in frustrations.

 

He doesn’t have any particular hate on Monday, but today might as well changes his perspectives. He woke up late to his class thanks to a certain raven who disappeared on him and didn’t wake him up for classes. And Sunggyu barely woke in time to get to his first class before Mr. Lee came buzzing through the door.

 

He missed his daily dose of caffeine. That .

 

“I’m fine. And yup, I’m on my way.” Sunggyu runs his hand through his hair and shot the bystander a smile when they greeted him, and if he rolled his eyes afterward, no one can blame him.

 

Five minutes went by and Sunggyu smile through the phone when he saw his favorite coffee shop from the distanced. He heard Dongwoo mumbling something but the walls of excitement surrounding his heart make him mute the other words.

 

“On second thoughts, maybe we shouldn’t go to the coffee shop. I’m craving sandwich, we should just stay at the campus and ordered some low-calorie sandwich.”

 

“What are you talking about? I saw you there, Dongwoo.”

 

Dongwoo glances around and caught Sunggyu’s eyes just in times and dropped the phone call in favor of smiling at his best friend.

 

Adrenaline still high up in the sky, Sunggyu skitted over to the other and push open the door to the coffee shop. When he walks into The Paradise’s he heads directly to the counter and slams his notebook down. Sungjong looks up from where he was wiping off a coffee cup and immediately raise his eyebrows.

 

“Something hurt your sunshine ?” He says through giggles, “Why do you look like you headbutted a belt sander?”

 

“Haha. Funny.” Sunggyu grumbles in response “Just skipped my daily dose of caffeine.”

 

“He got y since Woohyun ditched him.”

 

“Ahh… With that guy?” Sungjong pointed at someone behind them and Sunggyu almost gets a whiplash with the speed that he used to turn his head around. He scans through the crowds and that’s when he spots him.

 

Well, them he should say.

 

There, in their (Woohyun and Sunggyu’s) favorite table sits Woohyun and the tall lanky guy Sunggyu can only assume as Sungyeol. The boyfriend. Sunggyu instantly gets bitter because this is their café, and that was their table.

 

He’s not bitter, definitely not. Nuh-uh.


 

Woohyun spots him and looks surprised for a second (the nerve) before waves at him excitedly and ask him over nonetheless. And Sunggyu can’t help but think that great, he’s about to third wheeling his best friend’s date while looking like a complete creep.

 

And the whole thing has finally sunk into his thick skull of a brain. 

 

No. NO NO NO NOOOO.

 


“I told you we should just get the sandwich.”


Sunggyu glared at Dongwoo, silently cursing in his head for not warning him earlier. “I revoked your best friend card.” The sound of Dongwoo’s amuse laughter fill the café.

 

Truthfully, he has done his very best to avoid getting in their way. The prospect of seeing the two together doesn’t sit well with the brunette. He can’t watch Woohyun pouring his affection and care for someone other than him.

 

But they still walked to the table. 

 

Haha, mistake. A big mistake. Abort mission.

 


“H-Hey. What are you doing here, Angel?” Woohyun reached out to take his hand and seat the brunette beside him. And Sunggyu tried his hardest not to flinch because this is his best friend, his Woohyun. And he will appreciate everything Woohyun, thanks.

 

“Coffee. Here with Dongwoo.”

 

Did anyone laugh in amusement? Because he clearly saw the sentences as a one ed up excuses. Maybe they should drop the talk and actually go for a sandwich and dwell in his misery alone. Funny how the table has turned. 

 

He will punch both Dongwoo and Sungjong in the face the next time he saw those two, really. ing siren.

 

Woohyun can sense his best frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter