The Interim

Growing Pains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A New adventure for a new day was the first thought that popped into her head as she awoke to the sound of her alarm playing her favourite upbeat song. ‘Neo gateun saram ddo Eobseo juwireul dulreobwado seujeo  geureohdeon Geol eodiseo chatni neogatchi joheun saram neogatchi saram neogatchi joheun maeum neogatchi joheun seonmul’

‘There’s no one like you, even if I do look around, it’s just like that. Who else to look for? A good person like you, a good person like you with a good heart, a gift as great as you.’

 A slow smile found its way to her lips she reached for her phone, unwilling to hit the button to deactivate the alarm but not quite in the mood to extend her date with her bed either. Sighing, she arched her back in a perfect curve to get all the kinks out and felt more than satisfied feeling her body respond to the stretch.  She proceeded to speedily pack her clothes and had a quick shower, checking out of the hotel in record time, quietly excited that she didn’t have a pay the late checkout fee due to the cute receptionist’s discretion.

Checking her phone, she saw that she received a text from Hiroyuki saying that he’d be a little late. ‘Damn Boss of mine is strangling me with all these reports!’ the message said.

Chuckling to herself at the thought of him looking all frazzled, with his warm brown hair coming out of its usually slicked back coif and the beads of sweat running down his nape and how it would eventually leave him with a flushed expression from rushing to finish his work quickly sent her thoughts in an unexpected direction. She abruptly came out of her reverie at the sound of a car honking loudly at her. Had she just daydreamed about him while crossing the busy streets of Tokyo? She bowed in apology to the driver of the car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter