Chapter 2

Catching Back Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you feeling better already?”

“Yeah.”

Jinki was sitting on the couch with Taemin on his lap. Taemin had his head on Jinki’s shoulder, his arms both hugging the older man’s torso.

 

“You shouldn’t skip class like that, Taeminnie.” Jinki spoke softly.

“I’m not.” Taemin’s voice was muffled as he pressed himself closer to Jinki. “My next class is not until another hour.”

 

The silence that followed was comfortable. Taemin closed his eyes as Jinki’s warmth started to call for his sleepiness.

“I’ll wake you up in 30 minutes.” Jinki offered.

“Mm-kay.” Taemin yawned. “Night, hyung.”

Jinki smiled at the sight before him – Taemin was downright adorable.

 

After Taemin’s breathing even out, Jinki let out a long sigh. He caressed Taemin’s cheek gently, afraid to wake the younger boy.

 

Jinki remembers about the incident two years ago. He gritted his teeth slightly as he recalled how painful his heart was, seeing Taemin crying his eyes out with blood gushing out from the wounds all over his body. He never wanted to see that sight ever again.

 

Jinki brushed Taemin’s hair aside slightly, revealing Taemin’s neck. A faint scar was visible from around Taemin’s right shoulder to part of his collarbone, stretching up to the back of his neck. This was why Taemin kept his long hair – to hide his scar.

 

Jinki had used all his savings to get Taemin out of Korea – far from all the bad memories haunting him back then. They went overseas – to the U.S., where the psychologist managed to somewhat treat Taemin to become mentally stable again after what happened. Jinki graduated there and become a part-time teacher in a famous college at Seattle.

It was there he met Professor Kim, who recommended Jinki a vacancy to work at Seoul University with higher pay. Jinki hesitated to take the offer, as he didn’t want Taemin to go back to Korea if he could help it. But he was struggling to pay for his and Taemin’s living. He discussed it with Taemin and decided to take the job for the sake of the both of them.

In the end, not wanting to be left behind, Taemin studied his off and got into a scholarship at Seoul University, the place where Jinki would be working at. They both shared a dorm unit then – Jinki was able to somewhat convince the University’s management to allow them to share a unit, since lecturers don’t usually stay in dorms.

Taemin was so eager that he even managed to skip three semesters because his test results were full marks for all the subjects – something unbelievable even for Jinki.

 

The auburn haired boy let out a small whine, which brought Jinki’s attention back from his thinking. Taemin’s fingers clutched tightly on Jinki’s clothes – the younger boy trembled and let out a small cry.
 

“… M-M-Minho… Hyung…”
 

Jinki sighed again. He wasn’t taken aback anymore – this had happened for the past 2 years. Taemin would always cry in his sleep and call for Minho – and Jinki doesn’t even know who Minho was.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

 

It was a pure coincidence that three days after Taemin transferred, Jonghyun came down with a cold and Taemin’s lab partner was suspended from school, caught fighting the day before. This results in Mr. Kang asking Taemin to move to the seat beside Minho and both of them had to partner each other for the day.

 

Sitting beside Taemin during the lesson was very awkward and uncomfortable for Minho. He didn’t know how to treat this Taemin. He used to treat Taemin like a younger brother – giving him everything he wants, joking with him while ruffling his hair. But the Taemin sitting beside him now does not even look at him in the eyes, so what was he supposed to do?

 

“Taemin, will you pass me the lab sheet please?”

Taemin glanced at Minho for a moment before silently handing the paper to Minho.

“Thanks.”

Minho got a small “yeah” as a response and he was biting his lips in frustration now.

 

“Where did you transfer from, anyway?” Minho asked in a low voice, afraid to get scolded by the lecturer.

 

Taemin did not reply him and continued writing on his paper. Minho sighed as he leaned back against his own chair – may be Taemin was still angry with him, hence the cold treatment.

 

However, before Minho can even pout, Taemin adjusted his sitting position a little and the paper he was writing on was somehow shifted towards the taller of the two.

 

U.S.A.

 

It was a short reply but enough to make Minho smile like a fool. He quickly scribbled a reply, not caring if his lecturer was going to scold him for not paying attention.

 

Let’s be friends.

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow at what Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter