Chapter 2

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mouth stayed agape until the three returned to the car. Ga Yeon and Chanyeol were chattering excitedly about something while Soo Hyun laughed at them. Going solo..I wouldn’t have to worry about the other members anymore..I could write my own songs again..but I’d be by myself.

“Chanyeol-ah, you ride in the front, I want to sit in the back with Ga Yeon.” Soo Hyun said, pushing him to the front seat as he opened the back door. He nodded and smiled at me. I was still in a state of shock so I just looked at him.

“You alright?” He asked as he sat down and put his seatbelt on. I looked back down at my phone then looked back at him, quickly putting a finger to my lips then showed him the message. His eyes widen then he broke out in a huge smile. “That’s great!” He whispered, quietly clapping. “Let’s talk about it when we get home.” He said, nudging me. “When are you going to see him?” He asked as I turned the car on.

“I guess in a couple hours..?” I whispered back to him.

“Unnie, I know Chanyeol oppa can play a couple different instruments, can you?” Ga Yeon asked suddenly.

“Oh..uh I can play two songs on the piano and two on the guitar.” I said as I pulled the car back onto the street and started the 10 minute drive back to the house.

“Oh, you should show us when we get back. Do you have to work today?” Soo Hyun asked.

“In a couple hours.”

“Yeah, you should show us.” Chanyeol nudged me, winking. I laughed at him then nodded. Suddenly, my group’s debut song was playing on the radio. All three of them yelled excitedly, causing me to laugh at them. Chanyeol was mumbling the lyrics as Hyomin and Mimi rapped. The girls in my group were honestly my best friends since day 1. Mimi is the leader and rapper, Sungjin is our oldest, Sunjoon is our dancer who makes a lot of our choreography, Hyomin is our maknae and other rapper. I’m the main vocalist and people call me the visual. Hyomin and I share the same day and month for our birthday, but I’m four years older than her. She’s adorable. Horrible at aegyo, which is why we always make her do it. Well..that and the fact that she’s the maknae and maknaes always have to do aegyo.

“Where did you guys get this song from?” Soo Hyun asked as my part came on.

“I wrote and composed it.” I said, shyly.

“Really?!” All three of them exclaimed.

“Wow, you’re so talented. Have you done anymore songs since then?” Soo Hyun asked.

“No, my members did. I think it was Mimi unnie that wrote the majority of the newest album.” I said, biting my lip as I thought of how well my song did compared to hers. Is that why I’m being offered a solo?

Chanyeol nudged me again and raised his eyebrows. I just mimicked his expression and then looked back at the road. He giggled then the song ended and I pulled the car up to the house. We all got out and I was singing under my breath, feeling instantly lighter from the text. Although, there was a sense out doom looming in my heart. It felt like there was some sort of catch to this. It felt too good to be true. I grabbed a couple bags of groceries and walked in the house.

“Unnie, are you going to show us now?” Ga Yeon asked excitedly as we all set the groceries down.

“Which do you want to hear first? Piano or guitar? I’d have to borrow your guitar if that’s alright, Chanyeol.” I said, putting the groceries away.

“That’s fine with me, as long as you don’t break it.” He said, seriously.

“I promise I’ll take good care of her.” I laughed.

“What songs are they?” Soo Hyun asked.

“You’ll see. I’ll do piano first since that’s already down here.” I suggested as the last few groceries got put up.

“Wait until I get back with my guitar.” Chanyeol said. I nodded and walked over to the piano, cracking my knuckles comically. Nervousness flooded into my veins. I haven’t played the piano or guitar for people other than a few people at my label. Soo Hyun and Ga Yeon sat down on the couch and looked over at me patiently. Sitting down, I stared at the ivory keys. It feels so weird to be here.

“Alright, go ahead.” Chanyeol said, walking down the stairs with his guitar in his hand and Se Ho trailing behind him. I took a deep breath and nodded.

“I’ll do the easier one first.” I said, playing River Flows In You by Yiruma. “This isn’t too special, it’s just my favorite song to play on the piano.” I laughed, embarrassed by my lack of skill.

“I like it. Do the next one.” Chanyeol encouraged.

“Alright.” I said before taking a deep breath and playing All of Me by John Legend. I could see surprise fill their faces as I started to sing.

“What would I do without your smart mouth

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down

What’s going on in that beautiful mind?

I’m on your magical mystery ride

And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright

My head’s under water

But I’m breathing fine

You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind

‘Cause all of me loves all of you

Love all your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter