Chapter 3

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt my chest tighten as all five of us bowed and walked out. Mimi cleared and put a hand on my shoulder while we all walked to the practice room. As we walked through the door, I kept my head down and avoided everyone’s gazes.

“Alright girls, we need to discuss this.” Mimi said seriously. We all nodded then sat down. I tried to position myself further away from the group, but Mimi and Hyomin sat close to each side. Hyomin pulled my hand into hers as we sat there. “I don’t even know where to start..” Mimi sighed. “I guess lets say our thoughts. Who wants to try going solo? Or if you don’t want to, who do you want to nominate? I know this is a lot to put onto you guys because the rest of our careers rely on your choice, but I feel like you can make a good decision. Plus, if you don’t do well, it’s not like our careers are completely over, we can always go to another company, even if it’s not as Moonlit Flight. We’ll be alright.” She smiled softly at us. She was such a mother at times. “Alright we’ll start with Sungjin unnie. Since she’s the oldest. I’ll go last.”

“Well…I nominate Nari.” Sungjin said, pointing to me. I looked up quickly.

“Me? Why?”

“You saw how well we did on the songs that you wrote. I just feel like you’d do the best.” She smiled. “I believe in you.” I looked down again.

“Okay, and Sunjoon?”

“I say Nari as well.”

“Nari?” Mimi encouraged, nudging me.

“I..um….S..Sunjoon unnie.” I said.

“Maknae?”

“Nari unnie!” Hyomin exclaimed. I looked over at her.

“And I also say Nari. Nari, its unanimous among us, are you willing to do this?” I felt a weight be put onto my shoulders as I stared at my members, all of their careers in Moonlit Flight depending on me? On the songs I can make? I looked back down at my lap and chewed on my lip.

“We believe you can do this, unnie.” Hyomin whispered beside me, squeezing my hand.

“Song Nari! Song Nari! Song Nari!” Sungjin and Sunjoon both chanted.

“You guys really think I can?” I whispered. “Are you willing to risk this? Are willing to risk everything on me?” I asked, tears filling my eyes at the thought of failing them.

“Yes we are, Nari-ah.” Mimi said, rubbing my shoulders. Sunjoon and Sungjin came closer and hugged me along with Hyomin and Mimi. “You can do this.”

“Okay..if you guys say so.” I nodded. They all smiled.

“We’ll help you out as much as we can.” Hyomin exclaimed excitedly.

“I could help out with the choreography!” Sunjoon said, clapping.

“Have you made any songs recently?” Sungjin asked.

“Not really..I’ve been practicing too much to try..I mean I have some lyrics and stuff.”

“Okay good! We’ll start tomorrow! For now let’s just talk, wind down. We still have a while until the deadline.” Mimi said, leaning back on her hands.

“So unnie, what’s it like to share the same house as Bom sunbaenim? And Chanyeol oppa?” Hyomin asked, excitedly.

“I never really see Bom unnie. We’re both working all the time. As for Chanyeol..well he’s the person I’m closest to there.” I said, rubbing my eyes. “He’s adorable to be honest. He’s almost like a puppy.”

“Oh really?” Sungjin asked, smirking and elbowing Sunjoon who smirked back at her.

“No, no, no. It’s not like that.” I said quickly, waving my hands at them.

“Mmhmm.” They said simultaneously. Even though they were born 2 years apart, they acted like twins.

“I swear, Chanyeol and I are just friends.” I said, putting up a pinkie.

“I bet it’ll take them a month, what about you guys? Let’s make it a bet.” Mimi said, smiling.

“2 months!” Hyomin chimed.

“A month and a half.” Sungjin and Sunjoon said simultaneously.

“It’s not going to happen.” I said.

“Alright then…if it does happen, which it will, how about you do whatever the person that was the closest does. And if Jin and Joon win then you guys have to decide on one thing. But if it doesn’t happen then we’ll do what Nari wants us to do. ” Mimi said, putting her hand out in the middle

“Call!” The other three yelled, putting their hands on top of hers. I sighed and put my hand on top on theirs.

“Hope you’ll have fun doing what I want. I should have plenty of things you four could do.” I laughed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter