Chapter 22: Question

Lights Go On Again

 

Chapter 22: Question

Listening to Pussycat Dolls – I Hate This Part

 

=Doojoon’s POV=

 

I silently munched my French toast as glaring at the couples and Junhyung in the other side of the kitchen.

 

Across me was Jihee that feeding Heejun her portion of French toast. Since she says that Heejun haven’t eat anything since early morning.

 

As I done eating the French toast, Sukjin suddenly appeared from behind the kitchen door. “Jihee ya~ could you please buy me something?” Jihee raised from her seat as walking towards Sukjin. Jihee picked the list from Sukjin’s hand and let out an unreadable expression.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to stop eating gummy bear already mom?” Jihee said with chuckle as Sukjin just glared at her. I can see the guys in the corner are trying hard to hold their laughter.

 

“Just go buy it.” Sukjin urged as slightly pushing Jihee towards the backdoor. Just then, Junhyung raised from his seat and followed stopped Jihee on her track.

 

“Wait Jihee ya~” Junhyung called. “Umm, I need to buy a….coke!” Junhyung snapped as the other guys are just giving him a look in disbelief.

 

“Just bring her back safe Junhyung ah~” Sukjin said as disappearing from the kitchen.

 

“Yeah Junhyung ah, make sure you buy her a cotton candy if you’re going to take her to lotte world again.” Heejun said with somewhat amused smile in her face. Junhyung just stayed in his spot with  slight pout before taking Jihee out from the kitchen. I followed their tracks until disappearing over the door.

 

“Oppa!”

 

“God! You startled me Hyunah!” I snapped as realizing that the other is already sits around me and Heejun.

 

“When did they gone to lotte world hyung?” a curious Hyunseung asked me from beside Hyunah. I can see Jihyun and Dongwoon nodded in unison from beside Heejun.

 

“Well, seems like you guys a little bit out of date.” I cockily said as leaning back to the couch. I can see that Heejun was laughing a little as I felt an urge to smile too.

 

“Just answer it oppa!” Hyunah impatiently push my hand. “Okay. Okay.” I paused as thinking. “It’s weeks ago. I can’t remember exactly when.” I shrug as hiving the other a disappointed sigh.

 

“Well, I wouldn’t be surprised If they come back home as a couple then.” Dongwoon chuckled. “Then he better take good care of Jihee or I’ll personally hunt him down and hang him by his toes.” Heejun said as pumping her fist in the air.

 

“Don’t worry unni, I’ll be watching Junhyung oppa’s every move and report it to you.” Hyunah exclaimed as Hyunseung chuckled at Hyunah childishness.

 

“Ooh! Count me in!” Jihyun stated. “Then I’m in too!” Hyunseung excitedly said as the girls pulled a face at him. “Uhh Hyunseung ah sorry. No boys.” Heejun firmly said as me and Dongwoon burst out in laughter at Hyunseung’s embarrassment and extraordinary ridiculous face.

 

“I’ll get back to you on that hyung!” Hyunseung said with slight pout before crossing his arms and lean back to the couch.

 

“I’ll be waiting Seungie~” I retorted as he stuck his tongue at me.

 

“So, are Junhyung and Jihee already going out?” Jihyun curiously asked as Heejun shook her head with a pout. So cute.

 

“This is the first time she won’t tell me her secrets. She used to told me whether she’s close with some boys.” Heejun paused as sighing. “But now! She won’t talk a word.” Heejun exclaimed as lightly stomping her feet on the floor. I can’t help but smile at her cute antics.

 

Suddenly, I felt Hyunah lean into my ear and whispered something that shock the hell out of me. I stare at her wide eyed as she just smiling at herself and turn her attention back to Hyunseung.

 

I can feel a gaze fell upon me. “Hyung, You’re okay?” Dongwoon asked with full of concern, realizing the sudden change in my expression.

 

“I-I’m okay.” I stuttered as Dongwoon turn away. Totally unconvinced.

 

“But you look so pale oppa.” Jihyun said as the other nodded their head.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see that Heejun are slightly furrowing her eyebrow. There are hints of worried and curious in her blank eyes.

 

“Ooh! Oppa, there are some exhibition nearby this area.” Hyunah chortled after staring at her cellphone. “Uh, since when did you interested in things like exhibition?” Hyunseung said as giving Hyunah a weird gaze.

 

“Dongwoon ah, let’s go there! I wanna go there too.” Jihyun pleaded as tugging at Dongwoon’s sleeve.

 

“Let’s go oppa!” Hyunah said as pulling Hyunseung to his feet. “Bye oppa! Bye unni!” Hyunah excitedly waved at me and Heejun before leaving from the back door.

 

“Bye hyung! Say my goodbye to Jihee.” Dongwoon said as processing his way to the backdoor, hand in hand with Jihyun.

 

After staring at their disappearing figure, I involuntarily sighed. “Why are you still here Doojoon ah?” Heejun’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

 

“Well, I came here with Junhyung. So I have to wait for him till he’s come back.” I paused. “Unless he’ll nag me all day long for tomorrow.” I chuckled as Heejun smile a bit.

 

Silence.

 

“Seems like Dongwoon is elated with Jihyun beside him.” Heejun stated as I gaze at her. “Welll, yeah. he looks like the happiest man that I ever meet.” I said as looking down at my fumbling hands.

 

“I’m sorry for bringing this topic. I didn’t mean to.” She immediately said after noticing my low voice.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m not as hurt as the first time I see them together.” I said with a bitter smile.

 

“Maybe she just not the one for you Doojoon ah. You should look around you and realize every single thing that you didn’t even know exist, and eventually cared for you.” She said with a soft voice. I didn’t even know why I still can hear her voice above all the noise that comes from the kitchen and the café.

 

I stare at her empty dark brown eyes. I know that she can feel my gaze at her.

 

Have you ever experienced the same Heejun ah?

 

=End of Doojoon’s POV=

 

~~