The Unexpected Meeting

Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji, please… believe me,” Dara tried to grab Jiyong’s arm but the man just stepped away from her. “I did’nt do those things she said. She was the fi—“

 

“Enough!” she was stunned when the man shouted at her. “Stop lying! I saw what you did! How could you do that?”

 

“It’s because she said that—“

 

“She wanted to apologize to you. She even invited you here to befriend you,” his lips quirking up on the side. “I told you she didn’t do anything wrong. It was my decision to end everything between us.”

 

“No, Jiyong it’s not true. She said bad things to me… s-she called me ‘’ and ‘’ and that… and that y-you d-dumped me because of h-her.” Her tears started to fall from her eyes. She tried to reach for Jiyong’s hands again but he just lift it away and looked at her with disgust.

 

“Stop now, Dara. You cannot fool me with your waterworks again.  I’m tired with your all your lies.” He started to walk away from her. She was about to run to him when he turned around and throw her a glare. “We are over, so stop following me around. Don’t make me lose the little respect I still have for you.”

 

“Jiyong… come back” she wanted to shout. She wanted to call him again and again to come back to her but words were stucked on . She watched Jiyong walked away from her without looking back. Her tears continue to fall and she started to feel a slight pain on her chest. She wanted to run and follow him but her feet could not find the strength to move. She could still hear the last words Jiyong said ‘…stop following me around. Don’t make me lose the little respect I still have for you.’

 

Dara stood there unmoving still looking at the path were Jiyong walked out to. Deep in her heart, she was hoping that he will come back. That he will return and talked to her again. That he will realized that she cannot do the things he was accusing her. ‘Come back, Jiyong… please come back to me’

 

Rain drops started falling but Dara remain standing in the middle of the dark park. ‘He will be back. I know he will be back’ she said to herself.

 

‘We are over,’ Jiyong’s voice started replaying on her mind but her subconscious just ignored her. She didn’t move… didn’t leave. Her heart was telling her that Jiyong will come back to her.

 

The rain was getting heavier.

 

‘Jiyong doesn’t like me getting wet in the rain, he will comeback,’ she thought.

 

‘We are over’

 

‘He will get worried. He will surely come back.’

 

‘We are over’

 

Minutes passed. The rain is soaking her wet already. Dara took a step when an excruciating pain started to shoot on her lower stomach.

 

“Aaah,” she whimpered and brought her right hand to her lower tummy. A sudden nervous feeling striked to her. The pain strucked again and it was harder than the first one. She looked down on her legs and her eyes widen when she saw that a line of blood is travelling down her legs. “Oh God… no… please no.”

 

She wanted to shout for help when the pain strucked her again. She breathed hard and started to walk but suddenly her surroundings started to spin until darkness swallow her whole being.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Mommy, wake up!" Dara opened her eyes and saw Jihoon hovering over her. "Wake up, wake up!"

 

 "Hmmmm..." she stretched out her arms and pulled Jihoon to give him a kiss. "Good morning, baby."

 

"Gu'morning... mommy, mommy!" Jihoon shake her body when she closed her eyes again. "Your phone is ringing, answer it, answer it!" She chuckled and pull her body up to sit. She took the phone from the bedside table and smiled when she saw the caller ID.

 

“Oh, it’s Kim Appa,” she told her son whose eyes brighten with excitement.

 

“Appa! Appa! Me talk, mommy! Me, me!” Jihoon is jumping in front of her excitedly.

 

“I will talk to appa first ok? Go play first, I will let you talk to him later,” the kid scrunched his nose in protest but turned around to get his toys in his back pack. She then pressed the answer button on the phone.

 

“You promised to call me yesterday,” the voice from the other line said. Dara released a sigh and stretched her left arm. She looked at Jihoon who is now busy playing his Lego blocks.

 

“I’m sorry, I forgot. I got so much fun talking with the girls yesterday it slipped my mind.” The man from the other line just clicked his tongue and sighed.

 

“Ok, in case you forgot. You have to go to The Meadows today. My secretary is waiting for you. He will tell you everything you need to know.”

 

The main reason Dara went back to Korea is to handle some negotiation with Kim Kap Soo’s business in Seoul. Kim Kap Soo is the man who took care of Dara when she arrived in Bergen, New Jersey when she left Korea. Dara was not able to graduate and have a degree and it was very hard for her to find a stable job and survive in America. One day, she was thrown out of her apartment because she could no longer pay for her rental then she met Kim Kap Soo who later offered her a job and live in his house.

 

“Geez, I know,” she said while rolling her eyes. “I still don’t understand why it has to be me you have to send here for this. Jae could handle it,” she said referring to his lawyer.

 

“It’s because I trust you Dara. This deal is important to me. If only my doctor have given me permission to travel, I could have done it myse---“

 

“Ok, ok… I know. I understand,” she cut him. Kap Soo is under rehabilitation treatment because he suffered from heart attack that lead him to an accident that paralyzed his lower body. He is now confined in a wheelchair and is undergoing several treatments and therapies. “It’s just that, Jihoon and I should be back there and take care of you instead. And I’m no business woman, you know that.”

 

“Yes, but you sure is the best negotiator I have ever met, darling,” Kap Soo said fondly. Dara just rolled her eyes once again. “Don’t worry, after Jae finished his tasks here, I will send him to fly there next week to assist you and transfer you to the house.”

 

“There’s no need of that. We are fine here at Bom’s. Besides, I told you I don’t like to stay here for long.”

 

“That would depend if you’ll finish what you have to finish sooner. Don’t be stubborn, dear,” the man said exasperatedly. “Is Jihoon there? Let me talk to him.”

 

Dara just sighed and turned to her son.

 

“Jihoon, Appa wants to talk to you.” The child’s eyes brighten and took the phone from her.

 

“Appa, appa…” Jihoon talked excitedly on the phone. He started to tell stories about the pretty ladies she met yesterday and that Bom has an amazing chef who cooked them delicious food.

 

Dara stood up and walked to the bathroom. She knew that his talk will take some time so she left him on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter