Back in Korea

Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dara, Dara, here!" Pushing the pushcart that contains their luggages out of the arrival area, Dara heard the familiar voice calling her. She looked around and saw Bom waving her hands excitedly at the waiting bay.

 

"Bommie!" she squeals as she hurried to the girl and gave her a huge hug. "Oh my God, I missed you."

 

"I missed you too, girlfriend," Bom said without letting go of her. Thay are jumping and squealing while hugging that people are looking on their way already. "It's been so long. I thought you wouldn't come back, ."

 

Dara chuckled. Bom used to call her that as her way of teasing when they were in college.

 

"Bad word!" Both of them let go of each other when they heard her son who's holding on to the hem of her dress, speak.

 

"Oh, hi there!" Bom bend down and wave at the kid. "You must be Jihoon. I'm Bom, your mother's greatest bestfriend."

 

"B-bij is a bad word," Jihoon said while waving his forefinger infront of his face. "M-mommy said only ugly people say that. Y-you pretty so don't say bij."

 

"Aw, you are so cute," Bom pinch Jihoon's cheeks and gave him a kiss. "Your mommy taught you well about pretty people."

 

Dara chuckled and crouched down to her son. "Baby, she is Aunt Bom. She's the one in the laptop skyping with me, remember?" Jihoon looked at Bom and widens his eyes when he recognized her. He looked back to Dara and nodded. "So, what will you say to Aunt Bom?"

 

"Anyeong haseyo," Jihoon make a 90 degree bow with his hands clasped infront. "My name is Chihoon. How are you, Aunt Bom?"

 

"Jihoon," Dara corrects.

 

"Chihoon," the kid follow but failed to pronounce his name correctly. "Sandara adeul, Chihoonie," he said while giggling that makes Dara and Bom chuckle.

 

"Ooh, aigoo such a cutie." Jihoon ruffled his hair back and forth and grin. Bom got her eyes widen then glance at Dara who shrugged in return. "I see, you got the habbit huh."

 

"Bom," Dara warns. Bom stared at her as if saying 'what?'. Dara just squinted her eyes and Bom already got the message.

 

"Ok, come on. Let's get your things in the car and get home." Bom helped Dara pushed their luggages towards the car parked at the nearby bay. "The girls are at the house discussing about the wedding. They're excited to see you too."

 

Dara heaved a deep sigh and stand up. She carried Jihoon in her arms and follow Bom at the car. She feel excited she will be seeing her friends again after a long time. But the nervousness she has been feeling since she set foot on the plane is still making her heart beat faster.

 

__________________________________

 

"Dara, we missed you." As soon as they entered Bom's house, her college friends, Chaerin, Hyuna and Yeonseo started hugging and passing her and Jihoon around. Bom instructed the maid to take their luggage upstairs and went to the kitchen leaving her and Jihoon to their friends. When she left 5 years ago, she was not able to say goodbye to them properly and for a few years, she thought that the girls are holding a grudge against her for that. But Bom, only the one she kept in contact with, assured her that they don't hate her and were only miffed about her sudden disappearance.

 

The warm welcome she received from the girls brought tears to her eyes that she wiped away immediately. They exchanged hugs and greetings and the girls are so fascinated with Jihoon bowing to all of them and introducing himself.

 

"Oh my God, you are so cute little boy!" Hyuna said while pinching the child's cheeks.

 

"You speak so well, Chihoonie," Yeonseo mimics Jihoon's mispronounciation of his name.

 

"Come here, cutie, give Aunt Chaerin a kiss," Chaerin grab the boy from Hyuna and kissed him that made the kid giggle. "How old are you Chihoonie?"

 

The boy shyly raised his hands showing them four fingers and when the girls clap, the child grins and ruffled his hair.

 

"Oh, doesn't he look so much like--" Dara clapped her hands once to cut Hyuna and the girls all turned to her. She just stared back to them and tried to smile wider.

 

"Ahm.. before everything, Chaerin-ah, where is your groom?" she excitedly ask Chaerin whose face brightens immediately with the question.

 

One of the reasons she came back in Korea is because Chaerin is getting married and she insisted that she wants all of them to be present in her most precious day.

 

"Oh, he's out today with his friends. But he will come here to pick me up later. You should meet him," she excitedly said.

 

"I'm sure Dara knows him," Yeonseo said walking towards her and pull her to sit on the sofa. Hyuna was seating on the tiled floor with Jihoon who's showing him the toys inside his bag. "Remember that tall, lanky guy on the basketball team in college?"

 

She tried to think of the college basketball team but her brows only furrowed because she couldn't remember exactly who is Yeonseo reffering to.

 

"That guy Chaerin hit in the face because he threw his used towel to the crowd and landed on her face!" Hyuna commented while helping Jihoon build his lego blocks.

 

"Oh..." Her eyes widen and she could not hide her laugh when she remembered that scene.

 

They were watching a basketball game in the university gym that time to support Chaerin's cousin, Seunghyun. Their group were loud because Seunghyun's team won and that tall lanky guy thought they were shouting for him and threw his used towel wet with his sweat to our area. Chaerin who was calling Seunghyun didn't see the flying towel coming which landed on her face. She got so pissed that she jumped from the benches to the court and went straight to the shocked guy and punched him in the face. The guy fell down on his back from the impact and got his nose bleeding.

 

"S-soohyuk?" she asked the girls who all nodded at her. She looked at Chaerin who only smirked. "Why? I mean...how?"

 

"I know right?" Yeonseo said earning a gentle slap from Chaerin.

 

"Yah! It was just an unfortunate misunderstanding," Chaerin countered. "And I learned that he is actually a good man."

 

"He should be... or else he'll get his nose bleeding again," Hyuna teased. "The great Chaerin coming right from the red corner..... threw an uppercut and poof! Soohyuk is knock down cold."

 

Jihoon giggled with Hyuna's mimicking of a boxing anouncer. Hyuna jab her hands playfully to Jihoon who also punches back in the air while laughing. Dara could only smile looking at her son.

 

"Who would have thought great Chaerin will end up with lanky Soohyuk," Yeonseo said.

 

"Hey, he's not lanky anymore. He is a model," Chaerin muttered championing her fiancee. "Don't you think what's more im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter