001

Decline and Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Standing by the long Palladian windows of his room as the gentle spring breeze blew the curtains, Sehun observed the view infront of his eyes.

Mr.Min, the mower was t the grass, under the visibly clear and cloudless sky of the day. Meanwhile, an orchestra of crickets were assembling somewhere nearby to join the chorus of their chirping.

The male before his eyes seemed to be absorbed in his work. He was always serious about it when it came to his work. Even though it was the same work that he has been doing for the past 6 years.

'Does he ever not grow tired of it?' Sehun recalled asking this once.

Only to be greeted by the gentle smile of Hana and a pleasant voice replying to him with, "If you have interest, you might still get bored of it sometimes. Whether it's your work or anything else. Because you can't take it any longer or keep up the enthusiasm. Yunno, how writers get writer's block and so on? Yeah, just like that. It's the same with need too. You grow tired of a work sometimes even though you are in dire necessity of what it has to offer in return. But when you have both, interest and need, you don't get tired of it." 

 

Trying to dismiss his train of thoughts that led to her, he drifted his eyes a bit further to see a little kid not more than 4 years old on the yard. Probably the son of any of their maids working over here.

The boy was playing with his toy peacefully, up until a fly decided to disturb his little game.

Sehun watched as the boy shooed the fly away. Only for it to come back for him again. The child repeated his action but the insect seemed reluctant to let the boy be left alone. Frowning the little one got up, this time trying to catch it. Ridiculous, Sehun thought and snorted at his attempt.

As the chase between the kid and the fly continued, Sehun's phone started to ring. He tore his gaze away from the scene to the device that he was carrying in his hand.

Officer P, it displayed. Accepting the incoming call, he brought the phone to his ear.

"Mr.Oh, good morning," the Officer spoke. "Good morning," Sehun replied, calmly. "Sir, we have finally found two suspects regarding the murder,-" He listened to the older man intently now. "-We believe even if they later turn out to be innocents, they might still have information regarding the homicide that will help to lead us to the prime suspect." Sehun took a deep breath at this.

3 months. 3 months has it been since something good like that he has got to hear. He let the Officer continue.

 

"The suspects are injured and still unconscious from the bloody encounter with the officers. So, we've decided to begin the interrogation tomorrow,"

At this, Sehun couldn't contain himself any longer. "I see,-" he began slowly "- Please kindly send me the time of interrogation via text. I want to be there as well, Officer. You know how I've been looking forward to something like this for so long, right? I hope that wouldn't be a problem."

"Yes and no, Sir. Your presence wouldn't be a bother to us. I'll be hanging up for now. Have a nice day."

Sehun hummed in response and muttered a soft you too, as the Officer hung up.

 

Putting his phone away from his ear, he looked back at the yard. The kid had successfully gotten hold of the fly. Sehun watched as the kid plucked its wings away one by one slowly, without any flash of remorse in his eyes and put it under his shoes to smash the little thing. The kid rose one of his feet to get done with the job.

Holding his breath, Sehun waited.  Is a guy as little as him going to do something like that so easily?

In response to Sehun's suspicions, the boy stopped mid wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter