Dance Your Way To My Heart

Compilation of NoMin One Shots

AU:

 

Jeno is a part of a dance crew from their nerghborhood and Jaemin is a shy boy who is forced to go with his friends at their dance practice.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaemin's POV

 

My name is Na Jaemin and today my two closest friends just invaded my house and are pestering me to go to their dance practice and accompany them like a baby sitter.

"C'mon Jaemin! Come with us!" Jisung begs another time.

I roll my eyes. "I don't have anything to do there."

"You can join us." Renjun points out. "You're a great dancer Jaemin."

My eyes widen. "What? And let other people watch me? Over my dead body."

"You're just too shy." Jisung presses. "I've watched you dance. You're a great dancer."

"Exactly... I'm too shy..." I agree with only the first statement.

Renjun puts on his puppy eyes that the bastard knows I can't resist. "Please come with us Nana. Please..."

"Fine!" I sigh in defeat. "Let me go get ready."

 

The dance studio is only two blocks away from my house so we agreed to walk there. It looks like we're the first people there and to pass the time, Jisung, Renjun and I begin to practice our latest routine choreographed by our youngest. I don't have to feel shy because we've been dancing since we were kids. Jisung and Renjun joined a dance crew from the boys from the neighborhood but I declined when they invited me to join. I just couldn't bear to be watched by other people. Just like whenever I dance, I get so immersed that I didn't notice that four other boys came in and are watching us dance. My body automatically comes to a stop and lowers my head to avoid meeting their eyes.

"Why did you stop? You're good." A boy with blonde curly hair says.

"Oh, you're all here." Renjun greets the newcomers.

Jisung pulls my hand to join them. "Let us introduce our best friend. This is Na Jaemin. Jaemin, this is Chenle, Mark, Donghyuck and Jeno. They're the other members of our dance crew."

I force myself to look at them when they shook my hand. "I-It's very nice to meet you." My eyes meets with the biggest black eyes that I have ever seen and a smile so beautiful it made my heart hurt.

"You're a great dancer. Why haven't we seen you around?" The boy with the beautiful smile, I think his name is Jeno, says.

I couldn't answer him but luckily Renjun steps in. "He's a very shy person Jeno. He's just here to accompany us. I hope you guys don't mind."

"It's no problem." Mark agrees and smiles, his dimples showing. "Get comfortable." I nod at him.

 

I sit on the smooth wooden floor as I watch the 6 boys dance their asses off. I already know how good Renjun and Jisung are; Mark, Chenle and Donghyuck are not that bad either but there's something about Jeno that I can't take my eyes off of him.

 

After their practice, Jisung, Renjun and I agree to go to my house since it's the closest from the dance studio. The two are catching their breaths and freshening up while my mind is elsewhere.

"Earth to Jaemin..." Renjun snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"Why do you look like you're day dreaming?" Jisung looks confused.

I shake my head and avoid their eyes. "No, I'm not. I just got tired from walking. I'm resting."

"You're not fooling anyone." Renjun stretches his arms. "Spill your secret."

I shake my head. "I don't have any secret."

Jisung flicks my ear. "You can fool everyone else but not us."

"Ouch! That hurts!" The two of them raises an eyebrow at me. "Fine! I'll tell you..." I take a deep breath and cover my face. "That Jeno kid is kinda cute..."

It becomes silent and when I look at them both of them our giving me wide knowing grins. "Does our Jaemin have a crush?" Jisung teases.

"This is so gold!" Renjun slaps his knees and laughs. "That's why you kept looking at him earlier! You have to tell him!"

"I will do no such thing!" I say with conviction. "I know I shouldn't feel this why. But I can't help it."

Renjun pouts. "Okay fine. But now you have to go with us from now on every practice."

 

I didn't argue with them any further. Part of me knows that I wouldn't be able to stop them anyways and a part of me wishes to see Jeno again.

"It's nice to see you again Jaemin." Jeno greets when he arrives for today's practice.

I try my best to smile but I think I looked like a frog since his face suddenly freezes. "Thanks... uhm... are you okay?"

"Yeah." Jeno shakes his head. "Still not joining us for today?" I shake my head at him. "That's a shame."

Renjun suddenly comes in and puts his arm over my shoulder. "Hey Jaemin could you hold my water?" My eyes return to the boy in front of me who has his brows meeting in the middle.

"Sure." I put his bottle of water next to mine and looks back at him. He too, is staring at Jeno who is walking away from us. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Renjun shrugs.

I giggle a little louder than I intended to, at my cute best friend. "That's cute but... innocence doesn't suit you."

"Renjun! Come on! We have to start!" Jeno suddenly shouts making the both of us jump.

Renjun laughs. "I'm coming."

 

I try to watch all of them, or at the very least watch my friends dance but in the end, my eyes would wander off to that boy with milky white skin, black hair, and the most adorable eyes I have ever seen, named Jeno. He suddenly stops dancing and crouches down to his knees, breathing and sweating heavily.

"You guys continue. I'll just rest for a bit." Jeno says and runs towards me.

"Don't drink from my water Jeno." Renjun says in advice.

Jeno raises up an okay sign and sits next to my frozen eyes. "Do you have any water, Jaemin? I think I left mine at home."

"Y-yeah." I stutter while handing him my tumbler and he drinks from it.

He looks at me and this bastard has the most beautiful smile plastered on his face. "What do you think of our dance routine?"

"It's good." I look away from him and try to concentrate on the boys dancing in front of us. "You guys are great dancers."

Jeno laughs, I think I'm gonna swoon. "I could say the same about you." I lower my head to hide my blush. "You're really shy, aren't you?" I nod. "It makes you more adorable than you already are."

"What??!!" I exclaim at him. The 5 boys dancing suddenly looked back to stare at us.

Jeno shakes his head to assure them that everything's fine. "Why are you getting shy?" he smiles at me.

"Because you told me that I'm adorable!" I tell him and hit his shoulders.

He smiles again. "It's the truth though." Jeno pinches both of my cheeks.

"Stop it!" I hit him again. He starts laughing and I can't help but join his laughter.

"Jisung said your house is near here, would it be alright if we come over after practice?"

I can't help the smile that's in my face anymore. "Yeah, it'll be fun."

"You're really pretty when you smile." Jeno wraps an arm over my shoulder.

I nudge him with my elbows to hide the fact that his statement made my heart beat a 100 times faster. "There you go again." I said with a laugh and he joins me.

 

We all walk towards my house while Jeno, Mark, Donghyuck and Chenle are pulling their bikes since they live a little bit farther. I lead them upstairs at my private dance studio next to my room.

"You have your own dance studio?" Donghyuck exclaims. "This is so cool!"

Chenle looks at my two other friends. "Why didn't you tell us that you have a friend who has his own studio?"

Jisung shrugs. "No one asked us. And besides it's not our house to volunteer."

"Why don't you guys get comfortable? I'll get some refreshments." I suddenly say to stop the arguing and leaves.

 

I head to the kitchen and pulls out some fruits and some carbonated water from the fridge. I begin to cut up the fruits when I hear footsteps coming towards me.

"Before you pester me again, could you hand me some plates from the cupboard?" I say, thinking that it's just the meddlesome Renjun.

Someone hands me a big plate, but a different voice speaks. "Here you go."

I turn around and meets with big black eyes. "Jeno?!"

Jeno laughs and his eyes crinkle further, making my legs feel like jelly. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"I thought you were Renjun." I tell him honestly.

"Seems like you two are very close." Jeno suddenly says seriously.

There's something odd in his voice that I can't help but face him. "Renjun and me? WE pretty much grew up with each other, including Jisung. We three are inseparable since we were toddlers. Why?"

Jeno looks away from me. "Nothing."

"Are you jealous?" I don't know what came over me to say that, but I did.

"NO!" Jeno suddenly whips his face to face me and reveals his adorable reddened face.

I giggle at him while I finish cutting the fruits. "Looks like I'm not the only one who looks adorable when embarrassed."

Jeno pouts, making him look cuter, but then he looks like he thought of something. "Do you have your phone with you?"

"Yeah. It's in my other side pocket." I gesture at the other side of my jeans away from him.

 

Suddenly, Jeno reaches out and puts his hand on my waist, making me gasp. I didn't realize that he took my phone and begins to dial something on it then puts it back on my pocket getting my heart in overdrive.

"I put in my number there." Jeno swoops in and takes the plate of fruits I just finished and brings it upstairs.

 

Weekend comes and I'm forced again by Jisung and Renjun to go with them at the rented dance studio. When I see Jeno he's not smiling like he usual is whenever he greets me. There's a sad expression on his face.

"Why the long face Lee Jeno?" Renjun puts an arm over his shoulder.

Jeno shrugs and looks at me. "Nothing."

Nothing passes by Renjun's eyes and he too looks at my confused face and laughs. "Did our Jaemin break your little heart?"

Jeno removes my friend's arm over his shoulder. "Shut up." making Renjun laugh louder and the other to join in too.

 

Jeno is different today. He keeps on messing up his steps and he looks so annoyed for some reason. In turn, this made the others annoyed too.

"Why don't you take five first Jeno?" Mark finally said, clearly exasperated with how the other is acting. "Get your head out of your and join Jaemin."

Jeno grimly walks towards me and groans. "This is so not my week."

I chuckle. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Jeno sighs deeply.

I face him and inspects his face. "Are you sure?"

Realizing how close our faces are, Jeno pulls back. I frown inwardly. "Why didn't you call me? Or text me? I gave you my number and I didn't hear anything from you all week."

"I didn't know what to say." I answer shyly, fiddling with my fingers. But then I realized something. "Is that why you've been acting like a brat today?"

Jeno hides his face on his knees. "Please don't tease me." he mumbles.

"Aigoo." I don't what came over but I begin to run my hand on his hair repeatedly. "I'm sorry Jeno." he raises his head and his eyes meet mine. I give him a smile. "I'll think of something so I can text you tonight, okay?"

 

Jeno's POV

 

I'm excited to see him again. Jaemin is true to his words and texted me that night. Ever since then, we texted and called each other almost every minute of every day. And now it's the week end again, and instead of practice, we'll have a meeting.

"You have that smile again." Mark suddenly says.

I look at him curiously. "What smile?"

"The smile you always have on your face whenever you know we're meeting Jaemin."

"I do not have a smile like that." I disagree.

Chenle suddenly puts a hand on my shoulder. "Oh yes you do, Lee Jeno. We also see it whenever you're on your phone. We guessed that you two are close now. The question is, how close are you?"

 

Luckily for me, Renjun and Jisung enter the room with no Jaemin. I can feel my face fall with disappointment. I miss him. We sit on the floor forming a circle.

"Where's Jaemin?" I ask the two as a form of greeting.

Renjun raises an eyebrow. "It's nice to see you too Jeno. Jaemin didn't come along. I told him that we will just be having a meeting and couldn't be persuaded to come along. I didn't force him." he looks at me suspiciously. "Why are you looking for my best friend?"

Donghyuck nudges me. "Our Jeno here is missing Jaemin."

"Don't tell me Jeno is crushing on Jaemin?" Jisung says with excitement.

Chenle smirks. "Yes he is. And he's crushing on him hard."

I hear Renjun slapping the floor hard and laughs loudly. "This is so funny! You two are so adorable."

 

I didn't press any further and give them more chances of teasing me. We pretty much nailed every point except one. There's still something else missing from our routine but we couldn't just figure out what it is.

"Look, as of now our routine are flawless and until we can figure out what's missing we should just stick to it." Mark finally declares, seeing our sullen faces.

"Alright. Why don't we hang out at Jaemin's house for now?" Renjun offers.

Everyone's faces turns to mine. "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Well? Do you want to see Jaemin or not?" Jisung asks with a teasing smile.

I shrug at them. "Whatever you guys want."

 

For some reason, we ended up at Jaemin's place and when are making our way upstairs, a very familiar song can be heard from his dance studio.

"How did Jaemin have a copy of our song?" Chenle asks.

Jisung faces him. "Oh, he asked if we could give him a copy so we did."

 

We slowly open the door and see him dancing. He's dancing our song, he's dancing our routine. He follows our moves perfectly. He's able to do it just from watching us for the past few weeks. He truly is an amazing dancer. I see Jisung and Renjun looking at each other from my peripheral vision and joins their best friend. He doesn't even look at them they just move so in sync with each other. The four of us exchanges looks and joins the three.

 

Right then and there, we knew what was missing. We need Jaemin in our group. The six of us are good but with Jaemin we're sensational. The six of us are in-sync but with Jaemin we are perfect. With one final hi-five with Renjun and with Mark at the center, the song ends.

"Oh my gosh!" Mark exclaims and hugs the clueless Jaemin. "You have to perform with us Jaemin!"

The poor boy is looking at each and every single one of us. "What?"

"Jeno, you talk to him." Donghyuck pushes me towards him.

"You... You were great." I begin to stutter. "Can you please join us in our competition?"

"Why?"

He's looking at me with those eyes again. Damn. "Because I need you." the words slip out. "I mean... We need you."

Jaemin chuckles and looks at his friends with nodding heads. "Alright." he finally answers. "I'll perform with you."

 

With so much excitement, I wrap my arms around Jaemin unconsciously. He doesn't hug me right away but after a few seconds, his arms are on my back as I tighten my hold. We didn't realize how everyone is staring at us until we broke out of our hug.

Jaemin clears his throat. "I'll go get us some drinks."

"I'll go with you." I follow him out of the door.

 

We won the competition with no sweat and as a prize we will be in a magazine for teens popular in our city. It's a 2-day photoshoot but unfortunately, not all of us are available on those days. Day 1 will only be me and Jaemin, while on Day 2 Chenle will join the two of us. I'm not sure how to feel with this.

"Just enjoy the day with your crush." Renjun teases. "I'd go with you but I'm so busy. We all are."

I glare at him. "I hate that you're such a good liar."

Renjun has the audacity to laugh at me. "You can thank us later."

 

Day 1 Photoshoot -

https://youtu.be/uTCJaNLin1E

Day 2 Photoshoot -

https://youtu.be/SXO2LUVLils

That photoshoot felt so intimate, at least in my case. I have never been this close to someone's face ever. And to think that it's Jaemin. His aura during the past two days is a 180 degree shift of his shy demeanor. I expected to see the blushing, adorable boy but instead a charismatic, y guys showed up in that photoshoot. And I'm not the only one who noticed.

"Hi Jaemin!" A couple of girls approach us when the two of us were sent out to buy some food.

Jaemin looks at me, clearly asking for some distance from the girls. "Hi." he says shyly.

The girls squeal. "You were so hot in that magazine!"

"Thanks." Jaemin utters but I could tell he's uncomfortable. "I'm sorry but we have to go."

"Wait!" One of the girls stop us and approaches him. "I really really like you Jaemin. Can you please be my boyfriend?"

Jaemin's eyes widen at the sudden confession and finds it hard to answer. "I'm sorry girls but as my friend said, we have to go." I pull him away, feeling hurt and something else completely different.

 

I'm fuming with irritation. I couldn't understand why I'm feeling this way. The mere thought of someone else having Jeno is like a thorn in my throat. I feel uncomfortable.

"Are you talking to me?" Jaemin whispers beside me.

"No." I grit my teeth.

Jaemin stops walking and pulls me under a tree near the dance studio. "What's wrong with you?" he asks. "Did I do something wrong?"

"It's not you. It's just..." I sigh in exasperation and run my hands through my hair in irritation. "I don't like what those girls told you earlier, okay?!"

"Jeno? Are you jealous?" Jaemin says in a teasing manner.

 

Ever since we got close we would tease each other about this; how much I like him and how much he likes me. I guess I believe that he will never like me back that I ride in on his jokes. But today is different, today something inside me snaps.

"Stop that!" I put my hands on either side of his face, cornering him against the tree. "Stop joking about my feelings as if it's not true!"

Jaemin's face turns into surprise. "What?"

"I let you joke about how much I like you. Because I know that you will never feel the same about me..." I pause looking at his adorable and confused face. "But do you have any idea that it hurts me?" I can see tears form on the side of his eyes. "I like you!"

This time, tears fall from Jaemin's eyes as he looks at me in shock. "You what?"

"I like you. I really do." My hands fall to my sides. "From the moment you said hello and smiled at me, I liked you and each day that I got to know I begin to fall harder. But I'm sure you don't feel the same way. I'll go now."

I begin to walk away but a hand stops me. "Wait." I look at Jaemin but his head is down. "I joke around a lot about you liking me because I never thought that you would feel that way about me. Because look at you..." he pauses and looks at me from head to toe. "But the truth is... I like you too. Your smile, your laugh, your voice, they are always on my mind that day when I first saw you. But then I got to know you, and you yourself, runs through my mind all day. I want to be with you all the time. I like you."

I cup Jaemin's face. "I want to be with you all the time too." he lowers his head just in time for me to peck his forehead. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes." Jaemin says with tears of joy in his eyes as he wraps his hands around my waist.

 

I won't waste any moment with Jaemin so I put my hands on his back and hugs him as tight as I could. We hear our friends shouting at us from the second floor of the dance studio where we are set up but instead of teasing us, they congratulate us from the bottom of their hearts.