1/2 of D

Hard To Love, How To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"The ultimate winner for the 21st Seoul Dance Competition this year is", nervous glances can be seen from all the participants standing in a line on the stage of the famous annual dance competition. Except for the solo dancer who won the third place and a crew of five college student which get a hold of the second place of the competition seem relieved enough to hear the nerve-wrecking final result. The audiences also waiting with full anticipation and some whisper shouted their favourite contestant to get announced as the winner.

 

The emcee purposely take an extra time to observe all the audiences and the participants causing few of them getting agitate, shouting a 'what're you doing' and 'hurry up, tell us the result already'. Satisfied with the outburst, he look down and slowly open the blue envelope in his hand. He read the content before a small smirk etched on his face. He clear his throat and with a wide smile, he repeats his sentence earlier before stopping right before the name of the winner, pointing his hands to the line of participants and with a loud voice, he shouted, "2J's!!! ".

 

Loud screaming of joy and applause fill up the auditorium as two boys are lightly pushed from the participant's line and heading to the center of the stage to claim the gold trophy and prizes from the event organizer. After a brief congratulary speech to each other and thanking their parents, friends and fans, the duo soar the trophy upwards with big grins on their faces while waving to their supporter crowds with their other hand. They give each other a brief congratulary hug before bowing to the organizers and get off the stage to personally meet their friends and doing some after-win fanservice.

 

 

 

"We made it, Jaebum! I'm so happy". The duo winner currently walking out from the competition venue carrying their prizes and personal stuff along.

 

"Yeah, we did. Thank God our effort and practices paid handsomely at last, Youngjae", Jaebum gives his infamous smirk, feeling totally accomplished.

 

"Very right. Now, I don't want to think about practices or homework, today we're gonna celebrate our winning to the fullest. I bet my mom already prepared that big food feast she's can't stop bragging about. Now let's go" Youngjae forcefully dragged Jaebum who stumbles a bit by the wrist while grasping tightly to their winning trophy on his other hand in fear of it might fall down.

 

He shake his head fondly at the younger's enthusiasm, silently whisper, " I bet your mom's big food feast gonna be filled with fried chicken, am i right?"

 

Youngjae stopped walking for a while hearing the somewhat mocking or rather teasing tone his dance partner is using. He then start walking again, a bit frustrated by occasionally glancing to Jaebum by his side.

 

"Yah, you don't have to state the obvious. Be grateful my mom get her fried chicken free for us, it's rare enough she would let me to have it without paying for them. " Youngjae pouted. "And if she found out you belittle her, i promise you won't hear the end of it". Youngjae couldn't help snickering looking at his friend's face turned horror within a second.

 

"Wait, forget what I said. I never say anything to belittle Mrs. Yoo. She's absolutely the best. Her fried chicken is no.1 in this whole country", Jaebum hurriedly said to avoid the terror of Mrs. Yoo's wrath. Imagining how she would headlocking him and never-ending nags (which he happened to know very well in courtesy of Yoo Youngjae as the frequent victim) for talking behind her back enough to give him shiver. Youngjae laughs loudly while tapping the older's shoulder, hoping to give some reassurance to the pale boy.

 

When they reach the Yoo's Family Fried Chicken shop, they immediately welcomed by a joyful hug from Mrs.Yoo who couldn't stop congratulating and forces Youngjae and Jaebum to take a seat at the table full of various fried chicken for them to devour (Mrs.Yoo's word). Youngjae turn his head to Jaebum with a raised eyebrow and a playful smirk, and Jaebum gulped catching on what the other implying at. He desperately giving a facial sign to Youngjae to shut his mouth causing the latter to burst out in laughter.

 

Mrs.Yoo shaking her head amusedly when her question of 'why are you laughing?' got ignored by the two boy, who dismissed it as nothing when it's clearly something. She proceed to pour coke in their cup before calling out her younger son to join them celebrate. 

 

Jongup, Youngjae's little brother emerged from his room, seemingly just woken up from sleep. He congratulate his brother and Jaebum for their win hastily after Mrs.Yoo hit his head for his 'ignorance' when he truly didn't know that his brother won the competition. However, he know better not to argue with his mom and it's simpler to do just as her say.

 

"Your two's fans surely gonna go crazy at school. If on daily basis they already that unbelievably hectic, i don't even want to imagine how wilder it'll be tomorrow". Youngjae and Jaebum could only snickered among themselves looking at a defeated Jongup who often bothered by the fact his brother's duo dance group was the most popular one ever existed on their school.

 

 

 

Jaebum and Youngjae has been bestfriends since childhood. These two are practically inseparable and they are very close to each other to know all about their secrets and backgrounds. There's nothing they didn't know about each other, all the little things each other likes or dislikes already craved on their mind. Jaebum does not talking much, most of the time he's a serious guy with those cold expression and chic appearance. These quality makes him admired by many girls who like his bad boy vibe. He not quite fond of any skinship (except for his younger bestie) and always wear his smirk on his handsome face wherever and whenever he goes. Some might think he's smirking to mock them when in fact it just a habit he has grown familiar with.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter