; final.

A Night Under The Stars
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mingyu was sitting on a log, a can of beer in his hands as he watched his friends make fools of themselves. Jeonghan was clinging onto Chan, who was trying to pry him off so he could join Seokmin in torturing Seungkwan. Joshua had his guitar perched on his lap, plucking at the strings and creating a soft melody. He was singing to some sappy song about love. Junhui and Minghao were blatantly flirting with each other, but otherwise nothing else went on there. Jihoon was sipping on his own beer, softly singing along with Joshua. Soonyoung looked like he was contemplating if he should join Seokmin before getting up and, yes, he did decide to help Seokmin torture poor Seungkwan. Vernon and Seungcheol were chatting on another log, nursing beers. And Wonwoo. Mingyu looked over at his best friend, who was smiling softly as he watched their groups of friends. Mingyu looked away quickly when the older of them turned to look at him. His insides felt like they were melting, but Mingyu figured it was because of the alcohol. That's what he's telling himself, at least. He knows a few sips isn't enough to make him feel funny already. The sun was long gone, they were all sitting in Seungcheol's backyard, a fire burning in the pit he had built earlier that summer with Joshua and Seokmin. The smell of the fire burning, the cackling of the wood, the laughter and singing of their friends. It was a good atmosphere. The air wasn't too chilly.

Mingyu looked back at Wonwoo, who was sipping lightly at his own beer. The older was watching the fire and Mingyu could see the flames through the reflection of his glasses. He was sitting close to Wonwoo, their thighs touching. This was normal for them, they were best friends. They were always close. People often joked that they're inseparable, always together to the point where one wasn't without the other. That they were like twins, knowing what was on the other's mind. But tonight, for some reason, the air was a little different between them. It wasn't bad, or at least, that's what Mingyu thought. Tonight, for the first time in a long time, he couldn't figure out what was happening in Wonwoo's mind. When they looked at each other, it was different. But it felt nice. He couldn't quite place what he was feeling.

The moon was full that night, the stars twinkling brightly in the onyx sky. Mingyu decided to look away from the fire, settling his eyes on his best friend beside him. Wonwoo was wearing a black beanie and a hoodie (he realized it was actually his hoodie), his golden framed round glasses perched high on the bridge of his tall nose. Mingyu was always told he was handsome, model-like, so good looking to the point where people would automatically blush and flirt with him if he tried to talk to them (even if it was just for asking for directions or something of the like). But Mingyu didn't know why people rarely talked about Wonwoo's beauty. He wasn't as tall as Mingyu, but he was still pretty tall. His jawline was sharp, his eyes slim and long, his nose tall and slim. He had the prettiest curves on the corners of his lips when he smiled. He had an endearing deep voic

Please log in to read the full chapter