Roller Coaster Ride

Roller Coaster Ride

Walking around and deciding on which ride to go on next, a colorful cart caught Yuta’s and your eyes. “I know what you’re thinking. Wanna buy one and share?” You approached him and whispered. He grabbed your hand and dragged you towards the cart. “I guess that’s a yes.” You mumbled, chuckling softly to yourself.

The vendor handed you a stick with a big blue cotton fluff on it as Yuta fished for some change in his pocket. After paying, he looked at you with a big smile and you thanked him by pushing the sweet fluff towards his face. “Have a bite.” You said. But Yuta, being the big flirt that he is, wanted you to take a bite together and since you’ve known Yuta for a while now, you know it’s nothing but innocent flirting, so you agreed to it. You looked at each other’s eyes as your faces inched closer to the cotton candy between you and took a bite together. “Well, someone’s asking for a scandal to happen.” Johnny’s voice startled you and Yuta, making you jump a little. “You guys are disgusting.” Haechan said, emphasizing the word ‘disgusting’ as he made a face at the two of you. “Oh shut up.” You said, playfully pushing him and laughing. “You guys bought cotton candy and didn’t ask us if we wanted some?” Mark asked with a raised eyebrow. “So much disrespect!” Doyoung exclaimed. “Well, do you guys want some?” You asked and offered the cotton candy in your hand. Everyone shook their heads and a few even murmured ‘nah, I’m good’. “Yeah, I thought so.” You said and went back to enjoying the cotton candy with Yuta.

“So, what are we riding next?” Jaehyun asked, looking at everyone. “How about the ferris wheel?” Taeyong suggested, pointing to the direction of the said ride. “I don’t know. Don’t you think it’s better to ride it at night? Pretty view and all?” Taeil said, rubbing the back of his neck. “Good point.” Taeyong nodded and looked at the others. “Any other suggestions?” he asked. “How about those pedal swan things?” Haechan chimed in and everyone shouted no in an instant. “You are so boring, Haechan.” You rolled your eyes at him which earned you a playful smack on the arm from him. “You suggest something then, smartass.” You laughed at him and suggested to go on the biggest roller coaster. Everyone agreed except Haechan and Winwin. Haechan disagreed just to mock you and Winwin said he thinks it’s too early to ride it but the truth is, he’s terrified. Everyone thought Winwin’s reason was nonsense and Haechan was just being an so you all went and waited in line for the roller coaster.

Waiting for your turn, everyone started picking partners. Jaehyun and Johnny shouted each other’s name at the same time then looked at each other, woah-ing together resulting in a high five between them. Doyoung chose to go with Taeyong, and Mark chose to go with Haechan, telling him that they’re gonna go to the front car. ‘Watch me smash your dream, kids’ you thought to yourself. Your thoughts were interrupted when Winwin poked your arm. You looked at him and he smiled at you. “You wanna pair with me?” you asked and he nodded. “Alright.” You smiled at him, a bit surprised that he chose you instead of Yuta. You looked at Yuta who looked a bit disappointed for a short while, then he smiled at Taeil. “I guess it’s you and me, hyung.” He said as he linked his arm with Taeil’s. You were gonna ask Winwin why he chose you instead but the gates opened, signaling your turn. You quickly grabbed his hand and dragged him to the front, racing all the other members there. Luckily, you and Winwin got there first, leaving the others groaning in frustration. He knew you were an adventurous person but he didn’t expect you to be this adventurous. ‘Oh boy. This is gonna be a long ride.’ He thought to himself.

You took your seats and waited for the staff to secure the safety belt and restraints. You can hear the others giggling and taking pictures behind you and you were feeling very giddy yourself, excited for the ride to start. Winwin on the other hand is trying his best to look excited too but it was hard to do that when he’s sweating and trembling in fear. He was thankful that you didn’t even notice his nervousness in his smiles.

Once everyone was safely strapped in and the safety precautions were announced through the speakers, the ride roared to life and slowly moved forward. “Oh my god, here we go!” You squealed, widely smiling while you stomp your feet. “Let’s get it!” You heard Mark shout from somewhere behind you, making you laugh out loud. Johnny was already screaming and you heard Jaehyun smack him. “It’s not even fast yet!” He voiced out, laughing loudly and everyone else joined him. “Hey! Don’t be a no jam, Jae.” Johnny replied.

The ride slowly climbed up the first drop and you heard Winwin whimper. You looked at him and saw beads of sweat on his forehead and fear in his eyes. “Winwin, are you okay?” you tilted your head so that he can see you. He looked at you and you swear you saw tears slowly forming in his eyes. “I’m scared, noona.” He said, loud enough for you to hear but not for the others. “What?! Why didn’t you tell me?!” You shrieked. He opened his mouth to answer but his words were replaced by shrill screams because the ride hastily went down its first drop. Everyone was screaming ‘woo’ except for you and Winwin. You were silent because you were worriedly watching Winwin with his eyes tightly shut and his hands gripping the restraints so hard, his knuckles turned white as he screamed like he was about to die.

The ride slowed down a little, getting ready for the next drop. Winwin looked at you with pleading eyes. You knew he wanted to get out of this thing right now. “Noona, I think I’m gonna pee my pants.” He told you with urgency. Not knowing what to do, you offered him your hand. “Hold my hand. Hopefully, this will make you feel a little better.” He grabbed your hand and lightly squeezed it, careful not to hurt you. His face showed a hint of ease and you smiled in relief. That was until the ride sped down the next drop.

The ride dropped and so did your smile. Your face screamed pain all over it because of Winwin’s iron grip on your hand. “Ow! Ow! Sicheng! My hand!” You screeched but he didn’t seem to hear you because he was busy screaming himself. You tried to break free but you were unsuccessful. The man is surprisingly strong.

The ride didn’t slow down anymore. You usually looked forward to the loops and drops of roller coasters but not this time. You dreaded them. You loathed every single one of them because every time you go through one, Winwin’s hand squeezes yours a bit harder than before. You were now also on the verge of crying but you love Winwin too much, so you just endured it and hope that it won’t leave a big purple bruise.

You see the last and highest drop of the ride and you can’t wait to go through it as soon as possible. Wanting the ride and the hand torture to end, you screamed. “Faster, god damn it!” The ride climbed up the last drop painfully slow. “Come on.” You hissed under your breath. Upon reaching the top, you took a deep breath, preparing yourself for the expected pain from Winwin’s grip but you were so wrong about the amount of pain you were expecting from it.

The ride rapidly dropped and you screamed at the top of your lungs. Not because of the drop but because of the immense pain you felt in your hand. During the previous loops and drops, you thought it was already his best grip and you knew you can endure it until the ride ends but you were taken by surprise when Winwin took it to a whole new level. He held your hand so tight you thought you felt your bones pop or something but you knew that’s impossible. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes but you tried to fight them back for Winwin. You knew he’d be super sad and guilty if he knew he made you cry.

He finally loosened his grip on your hand as the ride slowed down and approached the platform. The restraints automatically raised up and he let go of your hand. You removed your seatbelt and helped Winwin with his because you figured he’d be in a daze after that crazy ride, and you were right. You offered your hand once again to help him stand and get off the damn thing and he accepted it. You gently pulled him up and helped him walk towards the exit because his knees were obviously weak and shaking.

He gently squeezed your hand again and sharp pain suddenly shot up your hand, making you wince. “Noona.” Winwin whispered. You looked at him and saw how much he’s sweating and how pale he looked. “Oh , Sicheng. Are you okay?” You asked, wiping some of his sweat from his forehead with the back of your hand. “Can we sit for a bit? I think I’m gonna throw up.” He managed to answer before gagging a bit. “. Okay, uh…” You looked around you and saw an empty bench a few feet away from you. “Guys, let’s rest for a bit at that bench.” You told the others as you pointed at it. “Winwin isn’t feeling well. He can use a time out.” They looked at him and saw how pale he was. “You guys go ahead. I’ll get him some water.” Taeyong said and Doyoung said he’ll come with him. You nodded and assisted Winwin towards the bench.

You sat down beside Winwin and let him rest his head on the crook of your neck. You wrapped your arms around him, caressing his back as a way to comfort him. “You feeling better, hyung?” Mark asked him, concerned. “Somewhat.” He said, quietly. “I’m so sorry, Winwin. I didn’t know you were scared of heights.” You apologized, resting your cheek on the top of his head. “You would if you watched NCT Life, you know?” Yuta said and shrugged. “You haven’t watched NCT Life?! Noona, I thought you were our number one fan?!” Haechan cried out, wiping his eyes, pretending that he was hurt and crying. “I don’t have time, okay? It’s hard to keep up with school and 18 very energetic men!” You said, rolling your eyes at him. Again. “You know, I’m afraid that if Haechan keeps annoying you, you might get some serious eye problems because of your excessive eye rolling.” Taeil said, making everyone laugh, especially Mark. “Like her pupils will permanently be stuck at the back of her head or something.” He said in between fits of giggles. “Ah, stop overreacting, Mark.” Johnny whined.

Taeyong and Doyoung returned with two cold bottles of water while bickering with each other. Something about cheaper water at the other stall. “Yeah, but it was far!” Taeyong argued. “That was like, what? 20 steps?! You are so lazy!” Doyoung nagged at him. “But the line there was long too! Winwin needs his water A.S.A.P.” Taeyong walked faster, leaving an annoyed Doyoung behind. “You’re annoying.” Doyoung remarked as he ruffled his hair and Taeyong scoffed. “Here, drink some water, Winwin.” He opened a bottle and held it out to Winwin which he gladly accepted and took big gulps. Taeyong looked at your hand on Winwin’s shoulder and looked at you. “What happened to your hand, y/n?” He asked you, his face troubled. “What about my hand?” You asked and looked at it. It was bright red and swollen. “It’s swollen, y/n.” He said, stating the obvious. “Oh, it’s nothing. It’ll go back to normal in a couple minutes.” You said trying to shake it off. Doyoung approached you and squeezed your already swollen hand and you let out a small cry because of the pain. “We should probably get that checked and treated right away.” Doyoung looked at you, gently caressing your hand. “Yeah, I think I saw a small clinic nearby earlier. Somewhere over there.” Jaehyun said pointing to the left. “We’ll stay with Winwin here. You guys bring her to that clinic.” Taeyong told the others and they nodded. You stood up and joined the others, leaving Winwin with Doyoung and Taeyong.

“I’m not sure who to be sorry for here. Winwin who was dragged to the front car and is now sick or y/n who’s got a swollen hand because of Winwin.” Johnny stated, laughing. “I swear, I’m fine. It’ll go back to normal and it doesn’t hurt that bad.” As soon as you said that, Yuta grabbed your hand and squeezed it. “Son of a !” You screamed and retracted your hand from his. “What the hell was that for, oppa?!” You raised your voice at him, angry, as you lightly rub your hand. “What? I thought it doesn’t hurt?” Yuta looked at you with wide innocent eyes to which you just groaned.

Jaehyun held the door for everyone and he entered as soon as everyone else was inside. “Excuse me.” Johnny caught one of the nurses’ attention. “Hello. My friend here has a swollen hand due to my other friend gripping it too hard. We were hoping that you could maybe take a look at it if it needs to be bandaged or something?” He inquired confidently. You looked at him in awe, wishing you had that much confidence too. The nurse nodded and gave you a form for you to fill up with your personal information and stuff. “You need help writing, y/n?” Jaehyun asked softly from behind you and you nodded, pouting. He smiled at you, showing his dimples, as he grabbed a pen from the pen holder nearby. You dictated the stuff being asked for in the form and Jaehyun quietly wrote them down for you.

As the both of you finished filling up the form, Jaehyun handed it to the nurse who then led you to a door which you assume is the doctor’s office. The nurse knocked softly before opening the door and entering with you trailing behind her. “Hello.” You greeted, smiling shyly at the kind woman behind the desk. ‘Yong Junghee’ said the name plaque on the said desk. “Please, take a seat.” She briefly pointed to the chair in front of her desk, smiling, before looking at your form that was just given to her by the nurse. “So, miss y/n? What seems to be the problem?” She asked you with a kind smile. “Um, my hand…” You said softly, raising your hand for her to see it. “Ooh, it’s really swollen. How did this happen?” She asked, gently taking your hand for her to inspect it a bit more closely. “My friend was afraid of the roller coaster and I didn’t know. I offered my hand for comfort but I think he squeezed it a bit too hard.” You softly chuckled and the doctor just hummed, still looking at your hand. “Do you mind if we take an x-ray of your hand? I hope I’m wrong but I think your friend might have broken a finger or two.” She said and you audibly gasped. “Don’t worry, you won’t need surgery if that is the case.” She smiled at you and you nodded.

While you were in the x-ray room, Doyoung and Taeyong came to the clinic with a much better looking Winwin. “How’s she?” Winwin asked Yuta. “We don’t know yet. She went in another room with the doctor.” Yuta answered and Winwin pouted. “Don’t worry, Winwin. She’ll be fine. She’s a strong woman and you know that.” Taeil said, comforting Winwin who smiled and nodded in return. “What if she broke her hand though?” Taeyong asked earning him a glare from Doyoung. “You’re definitely helping with Sicheng’s worry, hyung.” He sarcastically told Taeyong. “It’s a what if!” He defended himself but Doyoung just gave him a look that says ‘yeah, sure, whatever’ and approached Winwin. “She’ll be fine, Winwin. Don’t worry.” He said with a smile as he gave his shoulder a light squeeze.

Your doctor told you that you have, in fact, a broken pinky finger but it wasn’t serious so you wouldn’t need a surgery. However, you’re gonna have to wear a cast to keep your finger straight for around three weeks to a month. “Well, it’s better than surgery.” You shrugged and the doctor chuckled softly as she prepared the things needed for your cast. “I’m gonna give you some papers to show the hospital near you since I’m sure you won’t be able to come back here for regular check-ups.” She chuckled and so did you. “That’ll be too expensive.” You replied. “Yeah, I thought so too.” She said as she started working on your hand. “Anyway, we’ll give you the needed documents for your transfer. Get this checked up next week at the hospital nearest to you, okay?” She asked, briefly looking at you and looking back at your hand as she carefully wrapped your hand in a bandage. “I will. Thank you.” You said, smiling.

You walked out of the doctor’s office, holding an envelope with the documents mentioned earlier in it. The boys stood up as you approached them. “I’ll be back. I’ll just go pay.” You said and Johnny walked beside you towards the cashier. “I’ll pay for it.” He told you with a smirk. “No, oppa, you don’t have to. I can pay for myself.” You said but he insisted. “I get paid more than you do, so just let me pay for it, okay?” You scoffed and playfully pushed him away. “Look at the amount of disrespect you’re giving me!” You hissed at him and he just laughed at you. “Just let me pay for it, okay?” He said, wrapping his arm around your shoulder and pulling you closer to him. “Fine. Since you disrespected me so much just now, you deserve to pay for it.” You pouted, trying to look annoyed and defeated but you couldn’t hold your laughter in so you ended up in a laughing fit with Johnny.

You returned to the lobby with Johnny and everyone looked at you. “So…?” Haechan asked with a hint of impatience in his tone. You raised your bandage wrapped hand for them to see. “Broke my pinky finger bu—“ you were interrupted by Winwin who basically threw himself to you. “I’m so sorry, y/n! I’m so so so sorry!” Winwin kept apologizing and hugged you tightly, cutting your air supply short. “Winwin. At this rate you might break my ribs and spine too.” As you managed to wheeze these words out, he instantly let you go, apologizing some more. You cupped his cheek, making him look at you with worried eyes. “Sicheng. It’s fine. I’m fine. There’s no need to worry, okay? I should be the one saying sorry to you for dragging you to the front car of the roller coaster.” You consoled him but it seems like he’s not buying it. “Yeah, y/n. We should’ve been the ones in front.” Haechan butted in then Doyoung elbowed him. “You have the worst timing ever, Haechan.” Haechan just awkwardly smiled, murmuring a sorry under his breath.

“No, y/n. It’s not okay. I just broke your pinky finger because I’ve been squeezing your hand tightly the whole ride! Imagine the pain you’ve endured and not to mention, you probably didn’t get to enjoy it because of the pain I was causing you.” He said, and you can clearly see tears slowly forming in his eyes. “Sicheng, no I –“ You started but was immediately cut off by him again. “What can I do so that we can be even?” He asked but never gave you the chance to answer. “You know what? Hit me.” He said and you were taken aback. “What?” You asked, utterly confused. “Punch me in the face as hard as you can so that we can be even.” He said, monotonously. You sighed and scratched your head. “Sicheng, no. I will do no such thing. I love you too much to hurt you.” You said as you caressed his cheek. “Then what do I have to do?” He asked you again. Your head dropped down as you sighed once more. You were getting frustrated at him because he just won’t take nothing for an answer. “You know…” Haechan started to slowly approach you two. He leaned forward and said, “Maybe you can break your finger too. That way it’ll be literally even.” He suggested and he slowly walked backwards to where he was before.

Before anyone could even say anything, Winwin made his way towards a heavy looking miniature statue displayed on one of the side tables of the clinic lobby. He placed his hand flatly on the table, fingers spread apart as he grabbed the miniature statue. “, Sicheng!” Yuta, the only one with great reflexes, ran towards him and snatched the statue out of Winwin’s hand. “What the were you thinking, Haechan?!” Doyoung and Mark yelled at Haechan who is now cowered in fear between his two hyungs. “Watch your language, Mark.” Taeil warned him and Mark quietly apologized. “I didn’t expect him to actually do it!” Haechan cried out which made Johnny smack the back of his head. “Jerk.” Johnny uttered. Haechan profusely apologized to everyone but you only glared at him shortly before running towards Winwin. “Don’t ever do that again, Sicheng! You almost gave me a heart attack!” You hugged him and buried your face on his shoulder. He hugged you back and caressed your hair. “Just tell me what to do, y/n and I’ll do it. You know I won’t take nothing for an answer, right?” He whispered with a low voice and you just nodded in reply. You broke the hug and looked up to him, trying to think of something. Your thoughts were interrupted when you felt someone gently tapping your shoulder. You turned around to see Taeil smiling at you. “May I suggest something?” he asked. “I promise, it’s not as crazy as Donghyuck’s.” You smiled at him, signaling him to go on and he pursed his lips before speaking. “How about he buys you milktea? You love milktea, right?” He asked you with an innocent smile. Your eyes lit up in excitement and you happily clapped your hands at his suggestion. “You are an angel, oppa!” You gave him a quick hug then faced Winwin again. “Buy me milktea and we’ll call it even.” You told him with the biggest smile that Winwin has ever seen on your face. “Okay. I’ll buy you milktea.” He said, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

You were too shy to tell the staff your order so you whispered it to Winwin who repeated it to the staff for you. “Wait, wait! Tell him I want the sugar level 50%.” You whispered to him as you clutched the sleeve of his jacket while you’re hiding behind his back. He chuckled at your awkwardness which he secretly finds cute. He told the staff what you wanted and he paid for your drink. “Seriously, y/n? You’re 20 years old and you still can’t order for yourself?” Doyoung remarked with fake disgust on his face. “One more word from you and you’ll be eating my fist, Doyoung.” You said, glaring at him. “Hey! That’s oppa for you!” He exclaimed and you just stuck your tongue out at him.

Taeyong stood beside you and linked his arm with yours. “Y/n… Can you maybe get Winwin to buy all of us milktea?” He cutely asked, resting his head on your shoulder. Taeil’s head whipped to your direction and smiled. “Your pinky finger is worth more than one milktea, y/n.” Taeil said, trying not to laugh. Jaehyun caught up with what they’re trying to do. “It’s worth at least…” he paused, quickly counting the other members, excluding Haechan. “maybe 7 more milkteas?” he finished, looking at you innocently. You giggled at the idea and turned to face Winwin. He looked at you and spoke even before you were able to say something. “Got it.” He winked at you before looking at the others. “Go order your drinks. I’ll pay.” He said and everyone cheered, as they walked towards the staff to order their drinks.

“Get out of here, Haechan! You’re not a part of this.” Mark said, pushing a whining Haechan away. “You don’t get free milktea for what you did earlier.” Doyoung scolded him and turned back to the counter waiting for Taeyong to finish reciting his order. “I already apologized!” Haechan whined and tried to make his way to the counter but the others kept pushing him away. You and Winwin were giggling at the boys’ silliness when the barista called Winwin’s name with your drink in his hand.

Winwin handed Taeyong money to pay for all of their drinks before getting your drink for you. He walked back to you, your milktea in his hand and a straw in the other. He stuck the straw into the cup before handing it to you. “Figured you’d have trouble sticking the straw in so I did the honors.” He said smiling at you shyly. “Aww, thank you, Sicheng. You’re the best and you’re amazing.” You happily said and got on your tiptoes to give him a quick peck on his cheek, making him blush. “You’re amazing too.” He whispered.