Mountain Rabbit And The Cat

Dokkchae's Responsibility, The Childish Ssantokki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Lee Chaerin.

A brief introduction about myself. I'm studying fashion with Park Sandara in the university. I had a happy childhood, but before that it was the darkest moments of my life. I moved back to Seoul from France when I was 7. I wasn't very much affected with moving around because of my appa's job, before that I was at Japan and the next moment I'm in the streets of Paris.

That was the first time I've experienced hostility. I rarely spoke, because I wasn't good in Korean at that time. The other kids in my elementary refused to come near to me. I don't feel hate from them, it's more like a 'you-are-weird-go-away' aura. I was always alone for gym lesson and lunches. Nobody would offer to be partnered up with me during classes and nobody would shift their seats to make a room for me at the cafeteria. I always ate my lunchbox alone, sat behind the school building alone on the floor all curled up. That was the time I really missed my friends from Japan and France. 

 

Two months passed with me having the same routine, unable to fit in, always spending my time alone. Till she first spoke to me. 

 

Park Sandara, she was my senior in school. I was in the first year and she was in the final year. She was the school's favorite. In the school's weekly newsletter, teachers' pet, drama club president, adored by the seniors and juniors alike. She found me alone at the back of the school (as usual) and she literally jumped in my face. Face full of dirt, leaves in her hair, some scratches here and there, she descended from above. Like an angel that is going to rescue the forgotten girl like me.

I found her weird the first time I met her. The first thing that she asked me was, "Can I have some of your bread?"

 

I willingly obliged to her request, still surprised at the fact where there was actually someone who was not an adult that striked a conversation with me. I found her interesting so I watched her. Again, to my surprise she climbed up the tree which she jumped down from minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter