Epilogue

Undisputed

Jung Ewon (not for long)

Six months later...

Celebrating with Taecyeon in the octagon after a win never got old. The feelings that came over me when he pulled me to him for a victory hug and a kiss for the world to witness were nearly indescribable. If forced to a pick a phrase, I'd go with deliriously happy. 

I'd heard Taecyeon referred to as an undisputed fighter many times since he first entered the ring, but he became so much more - a true champion. I watched him grow, not only as an athlete, but as a man who was proud of who he was and who he loved. Over the past few months, he became even more involved with LGBT shelters and charities. He was making lasting impacts on people's lives that would last for decades after he hung up his gloves and he did it because it felt right, not for any kind of notoriety. In fact, the spotlight made him very uncomfortable, which made the fact that he was being honored for Ringside's courage award quite hilarious.

"I can't believe I have to wear this monkey suit." Taecyeon groused while trying to fix his bowtie "Did you rig this award?" he asked for the tenth time. He wasn't the only one ing that my boyfriend was receiving the honor. There were plenty of people who were upset that their preferred nominee didn't win and speculated that it was because of me that Taecyeon won.

"You know that I didn't." I replied patiently, also for the tenth time. I went to him and pushed his fumbling hands away from the tie and fixed it myself while he poked fun of me for knowing how to properly tie a bowtie in the first place. That remark led into another one about my loafers. I ignored his comments and said "You know I'd never put you in a position that made you uncomfortable."

Taecyeon wrapped both arms around me and held me tight against him once I was finished "All your talk about positions is making me ." he growled before nipping my ear with his sharp teeth. 

I snorted, then replied with "You don't need an excuse to be , Champ. That's a constant thing." I stood back and ran my hands over his shoulders that looked a mile wild in the classic black tuxedo jacket. His beauty never failed to take my breath away. Mine "Besides, I can't wait to strip you out of this tux." hell, I'd been imagining it the moment he started to dress.

"I was hoping to save this tux for a special occasion." Taecyeon said.

"What in the world could be more special than receiving this honor?" I asked him.

Taecyeon reached inside his tuxedo jacket and pulled out a small box in a well-known shade of blue "As special as tonight's award is, I was hoping to wear this tux on the night you permanently joined your life with mine."

"Taec..." I covered my mouth with my hands as tears stung the back of my eyes.

"So, I decided this tux would be the one I wore when I asked you to marry me instead. I'll buy a new one for our wedding." Taecyeon lowered himself to one knee in front of me and opened the box to reveal two matching titanium rings "Jung Ewon, will you marry me and become Ok Ewon?"

"Yes!" I nodded vigorously to emphasize my words. Taecyeon slid a ring on my finger and rose to his feet. I removed the one from the box that matched mine and slid it on the ring finger of his left hand "They're beautiful." I said, looking at our hands.

"Titanium is strong, like our love." Taecyeon explained.

The searing kiss we shared almost made us late for the award banquet. I sat proudly in my seat and listened to my fiancé give a speech that was filled with humor, humility, and compassion. I was in awe that he was going to be my husband.

Much later, after the banquet and celebration , I took off my ring to marvel over the beautiful, masculine cut and noticed the engraving on the inside. I tilted the ring toward the light so I could read it better.

Our love is undisputed.

The End!