Chapter Two

Psychomachy | B.A.P | Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Moon Jongup you knew is dead.

 

Yongguk bolted upright, holding his head in his hands as he snapped awake. A pant escaped him as he shook his head in the palm of his hands, the pain shooting up his side going unnoticed until his body unwillingly gave out. Youngjae sits upright in his bed, a slight groan escaping his lips before his fuzzy eyes focused on Yongguk in the bed in front of him. He turns his head, eyes locking on the still unconscious Daehyun. It had been three days since they had been admitted to the hospital, two days since Yongguk watched as Jongup was taken from the room in a flurry of white doctor's coats and blue scrubs. Youngjae stares at Daehyun for a moment, before turning his head to Yongguk who is now propped up slightly on his elbows. Youngjae's eyes seemingly pass through Yongguk, flickering around him slightly before they moved back to Daehyun.

"What happened to you guys?" Youngjae asks, eyes still hovering over Daehyun's unconscious form, eyes squinting in confusion.

Yongguk draws a blank, his mind seemingly shutting off, his world falling in millions of pieces at his feet. He turns his head to look at Daehyun before his eyes trail to Youngjae as he turns his head. Upon seeing the blank, yet confused look on the younger's face he feels his heart crumble and his head throb. His mind races, his heart slows, for a moment he thinks he's dying and that this is all just one weird hallucination. There's no way Youngjae could forget, there's no way he'd ever look at Daehyun like that, there's no way Youngjae doesn't know either of them.

Youngjae's blank, lost eyes soften, no longer squinting as he turns back to Yongguk. Yongguk looks at him, eyes wide and saddened as his world continues to fall apart. Youngjae looks at Yongguk as if he is a stranger, eyes distant and shaking Yongguk's core. Yongguk shivers under Youngjae's gaze, he rubs his eyes, hoping its all just some nightmare and that if he pinches himself he'll realize its just a dream and be able to change the course. Yongguk, however, realizes it's very much his reality, he had already awoken from one nightmare, this was just a harsh reality.

Youngjae's lips twist downward, resembling the arch of a rainbow as he frowns, "Who are you?"

Yongguk feels the shimmer in his eyes die, like all remaining hope in his soul quakes before it falls through the cracks of his heart, everything shatters. "Y-Youngjae... Come on... You– You're just messing around right?"

Yongguk feels a tightness, he knows Youngjae is all but pretending. He knows Youngjae doesn't remember him, or Daehyun, or Jongup, or Himchan, or Junhong; he knows Youngjae doesn't remember B.A.P or possibly anything before the past six years they all spent together. Yongguk is caught off guard, his heart is reforming the feeling he felt when he saw Himchan be drug off and when he saw Jongup rushed out. Yongguk feels tears dribbling down his cheeks before he can realize he's actually crying. Yongguk felt empty, like he couldn't be broken any further, like the pain he felt couldn't be any worse. Yet he knew it was just the beginning, while he didn't officially come to terms with it, he knew deep down somewhere in the catastrophic mess that was his heart, he knew his suffering was far from over.

"What are you talking about?" Youngjae's voice comes off in a monotonous tone, far from his usual joyful one. 

Yongguk swallows, he swallows the anger creeping up from his heart and the sadness pouring from his heavy soul, there was no need for him to have a meltdown in front of the already confused, broken Youngjae. "I-I'm sorry, I don't– I don't really know, if I'm speaking truthfully..."

Youngjae doesn't respond, he sits silent like he had been most of the time during Yongguk's existential crisis. A sigh hisses through his slightly parted, pink lips, his body stilled as if time had stopped. Yongguk couldn't see the rising and falling of his chest, or the gentle flaring of the younger's nostrils as he inhaled. Youngjae's skin was paled, no color being found, not even in his cheeks which were so easily painted with a cotton-candy pink. Youngjae was a blank slate, if Yongguk didn't know any better he would assume the younger had been a member of the living dead and that he had awoken in an alternate universe that was in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. For the first time in a long time, Yongguk was truly grief-stricken and at a loss for both words and a purpose of living.  

Youngjae sighs once more, seemingly the only thing he can do, "If you won't tell me who you are, at least tell me who that is–"

Youngjae gestures to Daehyun,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter