Chapter One

Psychomachy | B.A.P | Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung... You know how people supposedly recall their best memories when they're dying?"

 

"Yeah...?"

 

"I bet I'm going to see you a lot then..."

 

Yongguk shook his head, dismissing the thought from his mind as he felt his eyes begin to burn. Now wasn't the time to think of things like that. Yongguk's gaze shifted upwards upon the forming tears sinking back in, the sight of Junhong smiling in the back seat being seen by the rearview mirror. A small smile played at Yongguk's lips, looking at the male next to him. A loud laugh passed through Himchan as his head snapped back and his cheeks grew red from just how hard he was laughing. Daehyun, as always, was in the back seat, snacking with Youngjae; although he kept smacking his hand away whenever it reached for his bag of chips. Jongup huffed, his eyes narrowing at the two older men, wondering how they could fight over something as simple as a potato chip.

"Tch," Jongup sounded with a huff, "You guys are so childish– I swear..."

Daehyun's head immediately snapped away from looking at his bag of chips protectively, "We are both older than you!"

Yongguk rolled his eyes, turning the steering wheel with one hand as he parked on the side of the road and out of the way of traffic, his head turning towards the younger members with a dry expression. Youngjae lifted his head from drooling over the bag of chips, immediately wiping the small trail of saliva from his lip upon seeing Yongguk's expression shift to a stern one. 

"Can you guys go without fighting for one day? Seriously– One of these days we're going to get in an accident or something you guys!" Yongguk exclaimed, eyebrows knitting together as he rose his voice. 

"No–" Jongup began, scowl present on his face as he whipped his head around to look at the oldest.

"I try to– What do you mean no?!" Daehyun exclaimed bag of chips crinkling in his hands as his hands tightened into fists, much to Youngjae's dismay as he heard several chips break. 

"I mean no." Jongup huffed, running a hand through his hair as he lowered slightly in his seat.

"Aigoo!! Hyung, I try to get along with this kid, but it's actually impossible! He picks fights over the smallest things!" Daehyun whines, frown tugging at his lips as his eyebrows creased.

"Kid?!" Jongup exclaimed, sitting back up and turning to face Daehyun, "Who the hell are you calling a kid? I'm not even two years younger than you!"

Junhong shifted uncomfortably in the backseat, "C-come on hyung... D-Do– Do you really have to fight right now?"

Youngjae turned and gave Junhong a sympathetic look before turning his gaze to Jongup before shifting to Daehyun, "Junhongs right, you guys shouldn't be fighting right now, or here at least. Yongguk is trying to drive, yelling coming from behind him won't help. We could get in an accident like he said..."

"Fine. We won't fight in the car." Jongup hissed, hand reaching for the door handle before he opened the door and undid his seatbelt, immediately getting out and standing on the side of the road.  "Come on."

Daehyun rolled his eyes before angrily passing the chips to Youngjae who only looked at Daehyun with saucer-like eyes. Daehyun huffed, angrily undoing his seatbelt and following Jongup out of the car.

"This... This isn't what I meant–" Youngjae exclaimed, trying to grab Daehyun's shirt and pull him back only for it to be just out of his reach.

A loud 'snap' came from outside of the car, Jongup holding his bruising cheek in his hand. A growl bubbled up from Jongup's throat before his fist met Daehyun's jaw, causing the older to stumble back slightly and clutch his aching jaw in his hand.

"Why you little er!" Daehyun bellowed, connecting his fist with Jongup's palm as he blocked his punch.

"ENOUGH!" Himchan hollered, his face boiling red with anger as a hiss came from his clenched teeth. "Both of you get back in this damn car! Or we are leaving– without you!"

Yongguk sighed and ran a hand through his hair in frustration before giving Himchan's shoulder a squeeze in attempts to try to calm him down. Himchan released a shaky sigh of which he had been holding in before leaning his head back in his seat. Yongguk gave Himchan's shoulder another squeeze before patting it and bringing his arm back to his side. Daehyun ducked his head, hand once again holding his aching, bruising jaw as he climbed into the car, taking back his seat next to Youngjae and leaning his head on the younger's shoulder as a small groan escaped him. Jongup huffed, climbing in the car and discarding his previous seat as he squeezed into the back and sat next to Junhong.

"Can we go now?" Yongguk asked, turning his head to see the two, now bruising members, bucking their seatbelts once more.

"Yeah," Jongup replied briskly, a scowl still present on his face until his gaze drifted to Junhong who had a tiny smile on his face due to his proximity with the older.

Yongguk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter