the in-betweens 2/1

swimming into your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: it's nothing near an epilogue; just some drabbles that you may have fun with and can relate with the previous chapters :) enjoy :) 

--- 

the in-betweens; ~4010 words

--- 

first meeting - the fear

 

"Kim Taeyeon-ssi?" the woman turned around to look out for the deep voice who had called out her name - an attractive-slash-cute, blonde man came closer towards her while jiggling his phone in front of her, indicating that they maybe had been contacting each other just a few minutes ago.

"You are Byun Baekhyun?" the man nodded, said yes casually while courteously holding out his hand, offering a shake and the girl took it his hand returning the gesture politely. 

"Did I make you wait long?" he asked sheepishly while rubbing his palms together as he knew he was 5 minutes late than the supposed time of meeting.

"Oh, no actually I've just arrived too. Erm.. let's take a sit first, shall we?" They went inside the cafe, ordered some coffee for each and did a small intro talk before getting into the point of objective.

"Mind telling me how did you develop the trauma? What kind of accident that you have gone through in the past, if that's okay..." he tried to sound courteous as not to make the woman uncomfortable in any way, and Taeyeon casually replied to the question open-mindedly.

"I was 15 at that time, went to the beach with my family and some relatives. I decided to go into the sea alone and couldn't remember much on how I was drowning, but I was sure that I was already kinda deep in the sea and shouting for help was of no use because my hands were already underwater; my fault though because I picked to swim so far from my cousins- oh yeah I think I had an awful leg cramp at that time and it was so painful," she shivered at the thought of it, "-my legs turned stiff abruptly- bad timing it was... the images weren't very clear though then; all blurry but I was already suffocating for air in the water that, that I-I thought I was already d-dying- it was s-scary... as hell...very scary... hmmm..." she paused when she felt herself trembling at the tragic memory, then she took a glance at the listener who was staring intently at her with furrowed eyebrows, probably had been focused on her story. "-and Irene was the one who saved me but I was already unconscious at that time- thought I had died and didn't get to say goodbye properly..." she chuckled awkwardly, trying to lighten up the sudden gloomy atmosphere. "From then, I've never gone to swim at any beaches nor swimming pools - missing all the fun.. but what can I do... haha," Baekhyun nodded understandingly and his eyes clouded with sympathy at the story. The terrifying accident must be really scary but the woman seemed like a strong, determined one. She, fortunately, didn't shed a tear through her storytelling, which was good.

"It must be terrifying for you at that time. Glad that you are saved and okay now, Taeyeon-ssi." the said woman could trace the sympathetic tone from the handsome man and she couldn't help but to be flattered by it.

"Yeah, thanked heavens for keeping me alive. Maybe I had rescued someone in the previous life," she let out a giggle while sipping onto her coffee and the man chuckled lightly, nodded in agree.

Then they went on with the discussion of their swimming sessions schedule with mild jokes in-between and abruptly they decided to go ahead with the first class as both of them had coincidentally brought their own swimming suits and had a lot of time in their hands. 

 

They hadn't seen what's coming after the quite 'eventful'  class.

 

--- 

first hangout

 

"Since when did you do swimming classes?" They had decided to go out for lunch together at a nearby cafe after the second swimming session. Taeyeon was doing a lot better. She would just have the hardest time going into the water - by herself, so Baekhyun must be right by her side, or technically behind her; reassuring her with words that he's there with her and willingly will help her if there's any problem; Baekhyun and his calming/soothing/motivating words deserved a motivational purpose award (she thought) and the girl could only have those to be rest assured and calm down her nerves. Once she's in the pool, she just needed to be held by Baekhyun first, again; to reassure her that she's not alone. After that, they would swim together side by side, and Taeyeon had requested to follow his usual swimming routine that the male had agreed to encouragingly.

"Since I've been feeling so stressed out from work." he answered casually while putting down his fork, chewing the last bite of his food.

"Does it make you less stress then? The classes? Even with random people?" Taeyeon asked curiously, side-palmed her cheek on the table, facing the guy.

"Yes, of course and I don't just do classes with strangers, well except you. The previous ones consist of my male colleagues from work, some from high school. Never had a female until you came." she nodded in understanding. 

"So why did you agreed to help me then?" the question just blurted out from unknowingly, not that she wants to know the reason though but it won't hurt if she knew. Baekhyun's eyebrow raised a bit and he seemed to be thinking for a second until he put on an intriguing smile.

"Hmmmm because Junmyeon said his girlfriend's friend is pretty cute and I just wanted to give it a try - but now knowing that it's you hmmm it's kindaa.....-" his words trailed playfully at the end when he saw her squinting her eyes at him, looking at him with judgement. He could only chuckle at that. 

"Lol I was just kidding. You're the first female though, no specific reasons but knowing that you are a mutual to me, I guess it's okay to try." More than okay, though.

"Oh, so you are expecting other females after me?" both of them seemed to blink their eyes simultaneously, slightly stunned at her words. Did she just sounded like some sort of a jealous girlfriend, she thought. The male's amused smile turned into a teasing grin.

"Hmm I don't think I'll take anymore clients after you, especially female. This one already is a lot, has been a LOT in my head and hands and-" he emphasised and paused a bit with a suppressed chuckle when the woman glared at him - obviously trying not to roll her eyes. "-in any way, I might want to take a break from swimming too regularly despite it being a healthy routine - gymming seemed to be better nowadays." he tried to shake off the joke casually and the woman's face turned unreadable after that.

"not that you need to..." she muttered quietly as she remembered how well-built enough his body was; thanks to the swimming classes.

"Pardon me?" he smiled smugly because he could actually hear a bit of it. The woman cleared and retorted confidently.

"I said I think you have to inflate those muscles or abdomen or whatever because they are not that-" 

"-my muscles are okay though..." the girl scoffed and rolled her eyes unconsciously at the smugly-grinning man who's suddenly flexing his toned arms in front of her very eyes. Show off.

He just couldn't be so oblivious about that.

 

---

yuta the sushi waiter

 

"So, you're gay or not gay?" she asked expectantly to the guy who had been avoiding to answer the question even after her 3 attempts and she seemed not giving up yet - much to Baekhyun's distress. He just shrugged indifferently while shoving a salmon sushi into his mouth.

"Gosh, I can't really predict your uality and you don't even check out on any women in front or even behind me, based on what Irene said what Junmyeon had said to her!" Taeyeon cried out in frustration while looking at the male. She just asked a simple question but the man made her more curious. 

"My uality shouldn't be important to you, Taeng." Baekhyun said in a bored manner.

"It is! What if you're a e?" seriously, this girl...

"Yah..... ia is not even a uality. It's a crime for 's sake! Get your facts right!" she pressed her lips into a thin line then wandered her eyes around the sushi bar until someone caught her eyes. A crazy idea popped up in her naughty mind.

"Hey, you! What's your name?" A good looking young boy dressed in waiter uniform quickly looked up to her from the sushi he was arranging on the plate.

"Yuta, miss. Do you need anything?" Taeyeon shook her head, lips curled into a mischievous grin.

"Nope... but you know Yuta-ssi, this guy right here has the hots for you!" she exclaimed so loud that maybe 3 tables from their spot can hear what she had said. Baekhyun's eyes widen in shock at the spontaneous act.

"He said he likes you at the very first sight because you look so Japanese and so his type!!" she continued a little bit too loud while smiling naughtily at the wide-eyed guy; Baekhyun and the poor young Japanese waiter could be seen blushing shyly; maybe he's actually okay with it - and the accused guy was ultimately shocked at what was going on and where this could be heading to.

"whaa- NO! NO I'M NOT! Y-Yah Kim Taeyeon!" and that was when Taeyeon earned a flick on her forehead that stayed for almost 2 days. 

She deserved it and Baekhyun was very much feeling guilty for it - but she still kinda deserved it.

 

---

strawberry popcorn and avengers 

 

"Why did you skip The Winter Soldier? Doesn't every girl love Captain America?" Baekhyun asked when he took his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter