drizzle

to the light that shines through the window:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 January 2014

 

Jihyo stares at the ceiling, etching the striped pattern of streetlights through the blinds. It’s quiet, not really, but she’s already accustomed to the not so light snoring that filled the room.

 

A loud crash and a series of high-pitched yelps sharply cuts through the silence, and Jihyo is even more jolted to reality than possible. Her heart palpitations grow faster and everything seems louder and colder, goosebumps creeping up her arms as the low voice of a man begins shouting in a rush of Japanese.

 

She quickly glances across the room, thankful that the rest are heavy sleepers, as well as tired out by their burst of excitement when meeting Mina. At the thought of her newest roommate, Jihyo immediately looks to the side, and is surprised to see the pair of almost glowing eyes in the dark corner. 

 

“Don’t worry, that’s just my dad.”

 

Jihyo almost falls off the mattress in shock upon hearing the almost whisper of Mina. But with another distant loud thud coming from the lobby, the light shining through the window betrays Mina, and her indifferent attitude shatters in the form of watery eyes.

 

Unknowingly, Jihyo has already slid off the hospital bed, only noticing that she’s heading over when the chill from the floor touches her toes. 

 

The sound of wheezing hurries her as she slips to Mina’s bed, and maybe it’s because she has always taken care of everyone else, or maybe it’s because she herself cries way too often, but her arms naturally melt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter