FINAL

Haru Haru

The two weeks Yuki got to know Seunghyun were more enjoyable then she thought they would be. He seemed a bit cold at first but once Yuki got broke that cold exterior; she realized he was sweet, kind, and hilarious! 

My Lien was over at Yuki’s house helping her put the last finishing touches of her make-up. Yuki’s mom was buzzing around them snapping pictures here and there.

At 8:00 sharp the door bell rang. Signaling to them that their dates were here. My Lien’s date, Daesung had on all white with a pink vest to match My Lien’s dress. Seunghyun was a bit more modern; he had on a crisp white shirt, black slacks, a black jacket with an ice blue vest underneath to match his hair.

Seunghyun’s eyes grew a bit wider when he saw Yuki, “You look wonderful, Yuki!” Yuki averted her eyes in flattered, embarrassment. She mumbled a thank you.

“Excuse me, Seunghyun but what about me?” My Lien said teasingly.

“Oh, I’m sorry princess. How could I forget about you? You look just as wonderful.”

Yuki’s mom was taking multiply pictures a once, “Come on over here kids. I want more pictures!!” They obeyed after what seem like forever, they were finally able to leave.

The hotel -that was hosting the prom- was already filled with students. Who were talking, dancing, or eating. The group hurried in not wanting to miss a second.

Through the night, they danced together, forgetting every thing else. Only Seunghyun noticed Jiyong larking in the shadows, watching them.

The Dj announced that the last song would be a slow song. Yuki was already sitting when she heard not really thinking about it until someone came up to her. It was Jiyong.

He lent out her hand to her, “May I have this dance?” Yuki was frozen. Her mind went into slow motion trying to make a decision.

“Sorry, but I’m her date and I’ll be the one she dances with.” Seunghyun laid a firm hand on Jiyong’s shoulder, turning him around.

Jiyong stared straight into Seunghyun eyes. A kind of hatred in them. Jiyong spun back around towards Yuki, grabbed her wrist quickly pulling her away into the crowed dance floor. Yuki snapped back into reality, and struggled against Jiyong’s strong grip.

“JIYONG! LET ME GO!”

Jiyong stopped, and faced Yuki, “Why? I know you still love me! Why didn’t you even try to listen to my side?” Yuki saw that Jiyong eyes were filled with sadness.

“I don’t care about you any more! Let me g-“ Yuki was cut off by Jiyong’s lips. For a moment she wanted to stay like that, forgetting every that had happened. It came to an end when someone ripped her from Jiyong. Breathing heavy, she looked up and saw it was Seunghyun.

Seunghyun let go of Yuki and grabbed Jiyong’s collar. “Listen; if I ever see you touch Yuki again with out her permission, you’re a dead man.”

Jiyong eyes turned hard again, “We’ll see about that but, I’ve already proven my point.” He pushed Seunghyun off of him, took one more look at Yuki, then left with a smudge look on his face.

“Seunghyun, can we go somewhere else, please? Everyone’s looking at us.” Seunghyun nodded, he helping Yuki off of the floor and lead her to the door.

Seunghyun and Yuki sat in silence at a park. Yuki tried to hold back her tears but couldn’t. She cried on Seunghyun shoulder not knowing what to do.

*1 year later*

Yuki was reading a book, when some one came and wrapped their arms her. She turned around to see that it was her boyfriend, Seunghyun.

“Hey, you!” Yuki smiled and kissed her boyfriend. ”What are you doing here?”

“I came to take you to lunch!” Seunghyun grabbed the rest of Yuki’s books and started walking to the restaurant they always go to. Yuki wrapped her arm around Seunghyun’s. Feeling content with the way things are now.

Jiyong saw Yuki and Seunghyun from time to time. Every time he did he always had to do or say something; whether it was staring Seunghyun down or knocking into him on purpose. They’ve gotten into more than one fist fights, all because of one girl.

Jiyong could tried everything he could to forget about Yuki. The only thing that seems to temporarily work was when he was with his girlfriend, Sooli. Even when he is with Sooli he can’t help but to feel guilty knowing he was just using her to forget.

Big Bang’s ‘Fantastic Baby’ went off, signaling to Jiyong that he has a call.

“Hey Daesung! What’s up?”

“Jiyong, do you still care about Yuki?” Daesung’s voice sounded panicky.

“What does-“

“JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!”

“I do!” Jiyong said in a loud-low whisper, hoping Sooli won’t hear any of this.

“Okay; listen something’s happen to her! She been in the hospital for weeks and has just come out of surgery. The doctors don’t know if she’ll make it through….” Jiyong’s world started to slow down. His mind trying to comprehend the information he had received. He stood up abruptly, knocking over his chair.

“Jiyong! JIYONG! What’s wrong!?”

Jiyong didn’t answer Sooli he ran out the doors of the restaurant looking for the hospital. Sooli threw some money on the table and chased after Jiyong. She was terribly worried.

Jiyong ran through traffic, dodging cars and people walking. The hospital came into view but he didn’t slow down, he speed up. He ran in ignoring the protesting nurses and that’s when he saw Daesung and unfortunately Seunghyun.

Seunghyun wasn’t angry when he saw Jiyong. All felt was sadness filling up his mind, body, and heart. He knew that Yuki still had feelings for Jiyong. No matter how happy he made her. He was nothing compared to Jiyong.

Seunghyun grabbed Jiyong’s arm, “She’s always loved you.” Jiyong looked at him with a confused expression.

“She’s always loved you, even when she was with me. I could tell that her heart still belonged with you.” Seunghyun let go of Jiyong’s arm and led him to Yuki’s room, his heart breaking with every step he took.

Sooli walked through the hospital doors, looking around for Jiyong. That’s when she spotted Daesung with tears rolling down his face.

“Daesung! What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Sooli said while she was still trying to catch her breath from running.

Daesung was surprised to see her and didn’t know what to do. “Sooli, how-? Daesung saw how worried she was and decided to tell her everything that has happened. 

Sooli made her way towards Yuki’s room. She wanted to hear from Jiyong, himself. Although inside she knew Daesung wouldn’t lie to her, she just didn’t want to believe it. Sooli slowly placed her hand on the cold door knob and turned it. The room was all white, it blinded her a bit. She saw next to the door was Seunghyun with his face down crying silent tears. Sooli looked to the bed and saw Jiyong holding Yuki’s hand, his head down on her bed, he was sobbing. He took no notice to her entering. She heard Yuki’s monitor beep slowly, very slowly. She took small steps toward the bed.

Sooli saw that Yuki was as pale as paper, her once long hair gone. She took Yuki’s hand it had but only a hint of warmth to it.

Yuki wanted to open her eyes. She wanted to see who the two people were holding on to her hand. She tried to squeeze their hands but she was too weak. Only when she heard some one muttering “I love you” did she have just enough strength to open her eyes.

When she did, she thought an angel was looking down at her but, then recognized her as to be Sooli. She turned her head very slightly and saw that the other person was Jiyong. Feeling grateful she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Thinking about Yuki, Jiyong, and Seunghyun lives a quote popped into Sooli’s head.

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

She thought that she was one of those people who just existed. She thought that nothing amazing as happened in her life, she never has hated her life but she that Yuki’s would be of something more. As she heard Yuki’s monitor become more and more distance she made her finally decision.

“You will live, that’s I promise I can keep.” She gave Yuki’s hand one last squeeze and left the room. On her way out she gave Seunghyun a small warm smile.

Sooli could feel her stomach twist and turn with nervousness as she came closer to the outside world. She heard the noise of people talking and cars rushing by as she neared the road.

She took a deep breath and walked off the curb. Just as she did a semi truck came at her honking loudly.

“I love you” were her last words.

Yuki’s eyes opened suddenly, she took in a deep breath as her monitor started beeping at a normal rate.

Jiyong and Seunghyun came over to her a hugged her tightly never wanting to let go.

Jiyong was the first to pull away, “It’s a miracle!” Tears of joy filling in both of their eyes, neither one of them notice the commotion right outside the window.

 

Author's Note
It didn't come out excatly how I wanted it but close enough. Posted: March 24, 2012