Chapter One

Into The Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2343

Eyes glued at the wooden ceiling above him and hands resting at the back of his neck, supporting his head. Junhui was wide awake while laying on his bed, he was awoken by a dream, it was the same dream he keep on having ever since he was a child. What did it even mean? He wouldn't really know and the worse part is whenever he wakes up, he wouldn't remember the whole dream at all, just blurry images flashing before his eyes. White pupiless eyes, vast wings and a calm gentle voice that he didn't catch what it always said in his dream were the only ones he vividly remembers, as much as he wants to try and forget about it, he couldn't. How can he not make it as a big deal when its been happening for a lifetime now?

A sigh left his lips, eyes fluttering close as he turns to his side, now facing the wall. He was sure that he wouldn't be getting any answer (nor sleep) anytime soon, he ends up staying awake the whole night whenever the dream gets to him, that's how he developed insomnia but luckily it wasn't very often. These days, it happens only once every month which he was slightly relieved about and yes, tonight was one of those nights but it still annoys him a lot. He wants answers immediately or maybe perhaps for it to end, either way, he doesn't care. All he wants is for this to come to an end.

He doesn't tell this situation of his to just anyone, but that doesn't mean he hasn't told anyone. He did actually, to only one person and that's Yoon Jeonghan. All he remembers is that he accidentally blurts it out to him when they where both at the old library where they both work at from a few months ago, and knowing the other in being a persuasive person whenever curiosity and interest gets to him, he ended up telling him all about it because one way or another, he'll still end up telling him anyways besides, he trusts him enough to not tell the others about it.

 

"Hey, you okay?" A voice suddenly speaks that made Junhui raise his head from the table, tired eyes with dark circles around them stared at the owner of the voice, it's none other than Jeonghan.

"You look like you haven't slept so well last night, anything wrong?" Jeonghan said when he took a sit on the chair, facing the other male.

The boy lowered his head once again, forehead touching the smooth cool wooden table beneath him with his arms tucked on the table as well with his eyes closed shut before responding, voice a little muffled.

"I had this dream I get at some nights, it's driving me crazy," He didn't even realized he told the truth for once, usually when people asks him, he ends up lying or just say it isn't much of something to worry about to change the subject away.

"Oh? What dream?" The brunette seems to be interested all of the sudden, his chin resting on his palm while leaning a little bit closer whilst looking down on the boy whose face is pressed against the table. Junhui knows very well that if something caught Jeonghan's interest, there's no way stopping him from asking questions until he gets what he wanted to know about. So with a sigh, he lifted his head up, meeting the other's eyes that sparkled with curiosity.

"It's a dream I've been having ever since I was young," He pressed his lips into a thin line and Jeonghan hummed, indicating to go on. "It wasn't that frequent at first but as I grew up, it became frequently. It was driving me insane because I couldn't sleep at night and I'll end up staying up, trying to remember the dream I had but I always failed. All I remember were blurry images of some creature I have no idea about."

Jeonghan nodded as Junhui spoke, all his attention onto his little story, "Could you perhaps describe this creature? I might able to know what it is, I study magical creatures of course. So I might as well help you, though I wouldn't know what's the purpose of it even if we found out what it is."

"It has white pupiless eyes that seems to be... Full of emotions despite the appearance, vast wings that maybe resembles like a bat or a dragon of some sort?" His eyebrows furrowed on focus, trying to remember the creature in his dreams correctly as he tries to describe it in details, "And oh! Somehow it owns a calm and gentle voice, not so sure but I assume it's from it?"

Nodding once again, Jeonghan stood up from his seat, "I'll be back in like, half an hour or more? I'll get back and inform you about my findings." And after that he walked away, disappearing into the book shelves to maybe get a book about magical creatures and find which one is how Junhui had described it to be. With that, Junhui took a nap while he waits for the other to come back with an information on hand.

 

"Wake up, sleepyhead." Jeonghan poked the now sleeping male on his shoulders, it didn't worked so he shakes his shoulders this time and same results. What to expect anyways? Junhui didn't slept at all so its understandable how hard he's gonna take to wake him up.

Then an idea popped out from Jeonghan's head and he snaps his fingers. Activating a some sort of invisible forced field enough to cover them both and the table, for the purpose in preventing sounds to escape and disturb the other people in the library right with what Jeonghan is about to do.

Taking the thick book that was on the table, Jeonghan raised it at the height of his head and lets go, watching it fall and drop on the table. It made a very loud thud that as Jeonghan expected, Junhui jolted awake with a ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter