Chapter 2

Keeping up with the Kangs

"Daeee~, what's for lunch? I'm hungry." Somi asks Daehwi while pouting. The Lee's decided to chill on their sofa for the day. With Daehwi's legs on top of the sofa table and Somi's legs on top of his. They were both in comfortable silence while watching T.V. before Somi talked.

"You cook, Som, I'm tired." Daehwi reasoned out. He's rather just to lazy to stand up and cook. This day is a lazy Sunday.

"I asked you first, Dae. You cook."

"But you're the girl here, girls cook!"

"So this is about gender roles now huh? Listen here, I cook you breakfast almost everyday! I need a break."

"Gosh Som, I go to work everyday too, do you know how hard it is working in the HR department?"

"I AM HUNGRY LEE DAEHWI, DON'T MAKE ME MAD"

"Now listen here Mrs. Lee, my body is tired and eat up, I CAN'T cook today."

Somi removed her legs from Daehwi and stood up, obviously fuming. 

"Fine!" she said as she stretches her body, "Let's settle this in the old fashioned way." Daehwi stood up and gulped. He hated this old-fashioned way. He at this. But nothing beats his determination to sit on the couch all day.

He stood up too, stretching his arms and reaching his toes. 

"Sure, Som, I'm sorry baby, but you are going to lose today." He states with confidence.

"Don't call me 'baby' in times of death Daehwi." Somi smirks while cracking her knuckles. Enough to make Daehwi gulp again, she was so good at making him nervous, with different reasons of course.

"Okay, in the counts of three," Somi starts

One, two, three. 

"Rock, paper, scissors!" The shouted at the same time. Somi uses scissors while Daehwi chose rock.

"YES! SEE THAT BABY, YOU LOSE!" He shouted in joy, jumping up and down. Somi looks mortified. No, she needs rest this Sunday she needs to win. 

"Up to three points Daehwi, you just got one point." She smiled at him. No way he's gonna win.

"WHAT? You never said that! Don't be such a cheater Som!" Daehwi answers while frowning.

"Well--" Somi was cut off by their door bell. 

"You get it, you lost" Daehwi tells Somi, as he sits down the sofa.

Somi looked at Daehwi who's already very comfortable in the couch and sighed angrily while muttering 'fine!' on the way to the door.

 While walking, Somi wondered who could it be. It was Sunday, normally all of their neighbors have their own lives, they usually won't bother them. Or maybe it could be Kyulkyung unnie and Jinyoung oppa. But then she doubts they forgot something here.

As she opens the door, she was sure she saw the light. It was so bright and they were two angels smiling at her. Is she dreaming? Why was it so bright. She could not move as she stares at the figures infront of her who's still smiling so brightly. 

"Uhm..are you okay?" Is this the voice of a god?

"Hey, So- Somi right? What's happening?" Now it was of a girl. Why is God worrying about me? 

She felt a tap on her shoulders and saw Daehwi.

"Somi, what's taking you so lo-" He stopped talking and looked at the couple infront of us. 

"Uhh..uhhm...hi?" He manages to greet them. 

The female one laughed like uncles do and hit the male's shoulder. "Aigoo, their so cute!" She tells the man. In which he also chuckled and replied "They were right."

The man adverted his attention to the young couple who are still silent and shocked.

"Babe, how rude we are, we did not even intoduce ourselves." The man states and broke in to a smile. "Well, I'm Kang Daniel and this is my wife," He used his left arm to semi hug the woman beside him and pulled her closer, "Mrs. Kang Sejeong." The both of them stared at each other a little longer than necessary which resulted for the other couple to cough lightly.

Sejeong recovered quickly while coughing awkwardly and jokes that she is still not used to the new sound of her name.

"May we get in? It's quite warm here." Daniel says while using his arm to cover Sejeong's head.

"Oh! Right, right! Yes... you may come in." Somi finally recovers and step aside the doorway to give way.

Daehwi rushes inside to quickly clean their living room in a panic state. 

As the couples finally settled on their seats, Daniel gives the Lee's the paper bag he was holding. Somi was surprised beacuse she did not notice him holding something earlier. Or maybe she was just too distracted of their smiles.

"Here's a gift, I specially cooked it for the both of you. It's your favorites. The Bae's told us." Daniel states while still smiling and the Lee's wonder if its his default face.

"So you're our new neighbors?" Daehwi asks.

"Yep! And here," Sejeong sets the vase she was holding on the center table. "I did the dressing for the flowers." 

"Wow..." Somi says out of admiration and out of the overwhelming feeling of their neighbor's kindness. "Thank you.."

"Sejeong really has eyes for flowers. Anyways... what do you two do?" Daniel asks in wonder which the younger couple gave him a confuse look. "I mean, what do you do for a living?" 

"Well, I... work for the YMC. In the HR department." Daehwi carefully states as he should not say more about the agency he works for. 

"Ohh, that's interesting." Sejeong replies, "What about you Somi?"

"I, uhh, teach kids some self defense. Our backyard is a little too big so Daehwi had an idea for me to teach kids since I was a black-belter." 

"Nice idea then. I'm a writer. I write poems and stuff, anything that comes to mind, really." Sejeong smiles. When will they stop smiling? Somi thought.

"Yeah, she published a book just a month ago." Daniel proudly says while patting Sejeong's head. "I'm a chef. Doing vlogs here and there"

They're practically celebrities. Daehwi thinks why they moved in to a neighborhood like theirs.

"You two do a lot." He says out loud causing the Kang's to laugh. 

"You're really cute, you know that?" Daniel manages between giggles. The Kangs continue to laugh like they are on some variety show and the Lee's could not help to think that they look really good together.

"Oh! Tell me your story! How'd you two meet?" Sejeong asks the Lee's, her eyes practically shining.

Somi blushed and looked at Daehwi who's in the same state, "Uhh.. we're childhood.. sweethearts."

Sejeong squealed and continuously hits Daniel's arms ignoring the fact that he was already grunting in pain. "Look Daniel, their love story's so cute. How did we have such a boring story." Sejeong frowns at him as she finally stops hitting him.

"What? Hey, I personally liked our story. How could you prefer someone else's story tha yours? Are you not grateful you met someone like me?" Daniel defends, glaring at Sejeong.

Somi and Daehwi looks at each other awkwardly and communicated with hands signs asking one another of what to do.

"Uhh... Daniel, we met at a bar." 

This caused the Lee's to be shocked. Daehwi looks at Somi who is terrified much like how he is. He stood up and pointed accusingly, "I thought you were good guys!"

Daniel and Sejeong questionly stares at Daehwi who looked so worked up. 

"Bro, wha--"

"You go to bars! That's a place for people who are... you know, uhh, dirty!" 

"Don't tell me you never went to a bar?" Sejeong questions.

"Do we need to?!" Somi asks cryptically.

"Hon, they seriously need help. This is worse than what we thought." Daniel addresses Sejeong in which the latter nods with a poker face. They find each other's eyes and nods again.

"What help?!" 

"Well we need to go, I'm sorry for making you worked up. But really guys, bars are for adults. It does not make you a bad guy" Daniel says as the Kangs stood up.

"Don't worry, one day we'll bring you there and you will have the time of your life." Sejeong winks at them as she and Daniel walk towards the door.

"..what the heck."

"Daehwi, I thought they were angels. Now I think they are just a bunch bad influence." Daehwi nods furiously at Somi's words.

He adds, "We need Kyulkyung noona at Jinyoung hyung back."