Chapter 1

Keeping up with the Kangs

Goodbyes are always inclined with a cloudy or gloomy day. With hallow hearts and raining eyes. Where silence is deafening yet words are weapons dug beneath. 

However, this goodbye differs. The Lee's sat opposite to their dearest neighbors, the Bae's who will be leaving the neighborhood. Kyulkyung is expected to give birth to twins and certainly cannot take care of their babies well in their current place since its a little too far from their workplace. Jinyoung works at a sales company and is always expected to go home late. Somi volunteered to take care of the babies since she only take in limited students to train plus, she teaches them Taekwando on their backyard only.

Kyulkyung insisted saying that as much as possible her and Jinyoung wanted to be a hands-on parents. The center where she teaches Chinese is also near their new place so it won't be such a hassle anymore. 

Jinyoung also added that Somi and Daehwi needed time 'alone' to explore each other and dig much more deeper into their marriage life. Because of this, Jinyoung went home with a stinging left cheek because of both Somi and Daehwi's fist. Though the latter's punch felt like paper, he quoted.

Daehwi sighed at the memory. It was their last dinner together as neighbors and today, they were having their last lunch together. 

The Bae's are scheduled to leave in the afternoon and Somi invited them to eat lunch with them. As special treat, the Lee's prepared Kyulkyung and Jinyoung's favorite dishes.

"Wow, I'm really going to miss your cooking." Jinyoung said before loading his plate with more food. Kyulkyung watched him fondly with a small smile, "Don't eat too much, or we'll be having problem with your bowels in the travel." 

"Hon, I don't have problems with my bowels, I'm perfectly healthy." Jinyoung defends himself and Daehwi lets out a snort.

"Says the guy who forced me to leave work just to give him extra pants because he felt a leak from behind." Daehwi stated earning a laugh from his wife.

"Hey! It was once. And shh, will you?" 

"Uhm, Jinyoung oppa, it was twice that week right?" Somi asked with a playful smirk.

"I ate too much chocolate the night before okay?!" He states while crossing his arms, clearly annoyed. To improve his mood, Kyulkyung patted his head affectionately. Being older than him, she always has this urge to protect him even though its the other way around.

"The lesson is, don't eat too much, go it? I need a healthy Bae Jinyoung later." She says as she finishes her food.

Jinyoung smiled and said, "Yes, Hon. Roger." 

"Anyways, Unnie, did someone bought your house already?" Somi asked, curious to know if they are going to have a new neighbor.

Kyulkyung adverted her attention to Somi, "Well," she paused for a while, as if looking for words before grinning very wide. "-yes. As a matter of fact, they are moving here first thing in the morning tomorrow." 

"They?" Daehwi asked.

"They are a married couple, about a year or two together. Their pretty cool too, but I found it weird that they bought the house without even checking the interior." Jinyoung answered then immediately stood up. "Emergency!" he shouted as he hurriedly went to the Lee's bathroom, earning a snort from Daehwi with a 'no problem with my bowel my "

"Do you think we'll click with them unnie?"

"Of course! You two are the cutest and friendliest neighbor ever! And besides I actually asked them a favor to look after you two, though you are adults, in my eyes your still kids." Kyulkyung said with a smile and stood up to clean up the table. The Lee's stood up and helped her.

"We're not kids anymore, noona." Daehwi said, pouting. Kyulkyung looked at the couple who's both pouting and suddenly, her heart felt heavy. I'm really going to miss these kids.

....

 

 

An hour has passed and the Bae's needed to go already. Somi went to hug her unnie, confessing that she still could not understand that Chinese poem Kyulkyung gave her to study in which Kyulkyung just laughed and said to not bother it because it was just nonsense too.  

"I'll miss you unnie."

"I'll miss you too, my baby Som. I hope you and Daehwi can take to the next level." She winked at Somi as she went to the car.

On the other hand, Jinyoung told Daehwi to man up, and to not take it too long. Physical touch is important to newly-wed couples. 

"I know hyung, but, we still need time. I mean, we're okay with this setup."

"Yeah, but until when? Really Daehwi, start some spice!"

"Okay! Just, stop okay. I'll figure this out on my own."  Daehwi is clearly very embarassed and  is very red now.

Jinyoung laughed at him, "Gosh, you're cute. I'll miss you bro."

"I'll miss you too hyung."

Jinyoung went and opened the passenger door for Kyulkyung, "Let's go now, your highness." and went to the driver's seat.

He lowered his window and wave one last goodbye to the Lee's. As he closed the window, he looked at Kyulkyung who's smiling sincerely at him, he took her hand and gently squeezed it. "You ready?" he asked.

"Of course, anywhere with you." She answered, and Jinyoung went to kiss her forehead 

They are ready to open a new chapter in their life but he hopes that Daehwi and Somi will be alright, without him and Kyulkyung guiding them.

 ...

"So they're going to be far away from us now, Daehwi." Somi sighed and looked at her husband. 

"What are you so worried for?" Daehwi asked, though he too is in the state of panic. He was always used to the Bae's being there for them always and now that they are alone, he does not think he could protect his love.

"I--its just that..." Somi could not continue what she was about to say because she's lost in her own though.

Daehwi smiled lightly and looked straight in Somi's eyes. "Listen, we're going to figure this out Som. We're young, I know, but we can do this. Just don't let go of my hand will you?" He offered his hand to her which she accepts immediately.

"Of course Dae, I wont." She puts his hands on her waist and both of her hands in his neck. She burried her head in Daehwi's neck while muttering an 'i love you'.

Daehwi could still feel his heart beat faster as he pulled her a little closer and replied, "I love you too"

As the night passes, Daehwi could only wish that the new neighbors will be as kind as the Bae's.