The start of the ending

The whisper of a witch

BEFORE READING, HERE ARE SOME IMAGE GUIDEDS ON THEIR APPEARANCE. (REMEMBER THIS IF IT HELPS YOU VISUALISE BETTER)

Wardrobe by sections (outfit then hair):

Section 1 

Yongsun - 

Section 2

Yongsun - 

Section 3

Yongsun - 

Moonbyul - 

Section 4

Yongsun - 

Moonbyul - 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flames continued eating up whatever was left of the old cottage house.

The people were screaming in horror as they watched the house burn down. The sight of her mother shielding her from the fire and eventually dying from a hit by the wooden plank above seared into her mind. She watched her family members turn into ash slowly and painfully.

She could do nothing to help them. Unknowingly, she became all by herself in this world. Her family was gone. No more father reading newspaper in the morning. No more mother cooking breakfast in the kitchen. No more sisters doodling on her books and homework. Nobody was here with her anymore. She was all alone.

She was slowly suffocating from the smoke of the fire. The flicker of the flames hit her occasionally but never reducing her to ashes. Her face was marked with black char and her clothes were in shambles. Her eyes were slowly losing its shine and her lips cracking from the intense heat. Given the condition, she would slowly die from the smoke anyways.

Then, it was as if God shone his light upon her. The smell of burning wood replaced by the smell of the ocean and sun. Her eyes were a shade of pure gold and her endless hair dark red from the fire. The young girl could see it was the shade of honey brown underneath the illumination caused by the fire. A cold hand settled on the girl’s chin and brought her dirty face up to view.

Now, she could see the beautiful face of the god-like figure. Her face was just as perfectly moulded as the girl had thought. A mole settled underneath her brow, bringing to attention her piercing gold eyes. She looked younger than expected and was a little chubby even. But there was an air around her that told others that she’s dangerous and not normal.

“I like your eyes.” The lady spoke, her voice smooth and alluring just like her appearance. Her gold eyes stared right into the other’s light grey-blue eyes. Compared to the gold eyes of the lady, her eyes were nothing but she said nothing in return. The lady smiled and the cold hand on her chin moved to the back of her head. The huge black sleeves shielded her and a force from behind pushed her towards the lady. Her face now on the abdomen of the woman, shielded and unable to see a single thing but she soon felt the heat being replaced with a cooling sensation on the back of her neck.

The lady let go of her and instead of fumes, all she saw was the devastating state of her house and its remains. The fire was extinguished in that split second and all she can see aside from the shambles was the woman with the gold eyes.

“Do you want to come with me?” She extended her arm. The bell sleeve of her black off-shoulder gown dangled with the movement of her arm. A tattoo of waterlilies travelled up from the side of her chest (right side) and ended at her collarbone. She was more intimidating now even though the fire has been extinguished.

The young girl peered behind the lady. There was nothing left. Her house was ruined. Her family members are dead. She had nothing left. She didn’t even have a choice left. This was better than going to an orphanage.

She nodded and was instantly picked up by the woman who was so much taller than her. She was brought up to the face of the woman whose eyes were twinkling by now and a big smile on her face. “That’s great! What’s your name?”

“…Moon Byul Yi.” She hesitated for a bit. It was awkward to be so near to a person you’ve just met and not to mention one so beautiful.

“Moon Byul Yi.” she smiled and one of her hand laid on the girl’s chest. Her chest lit up and for a minute, it felt as though she was drowning. She couldn’t breathe nor talk and her eyes were burning as though she was submerged in water. The sensation went away for what felt like eternity and so did the woman’s hand. A tattoo of a waterlily was engraved in the girl’s chest and the woman smiled at the sight.

“My name is Kim Yong Sun and I am a witch. You will now serve me with your life and I will provide for you till death. May we have a pleasant time, Moon Byul Yi-sshi.”

That was then Byul Yi realised, she just made a pact with a witch.

-

“What are you making?” The girl asked. Her silver hair had grown a little and her, a little taller. A few years had pass and the girl was now 14 years old. Her grey-blue eyes had its initial shine restored and she had lived well for the past few years since the fire.

“Poison.” The witch replied as she continued stirring the pot. She had not aged a bit since the fire. Her face still as beautiful as ever and scarily, without a single sign of change even though many years had pass. Her hair was now wavy instead of the straight hair she rocked years back. Even though her face has not changed, her outfit has made several alterations and is now a black halter gown with a slit up her right leg. She was still as stunning as ever.

“That’s what you always say.” Byul Yi giggled and hopped off the stool to touch the blossoming pot of flowers near the door. Byul Yi learnt that Kim Yong Sun is a good witch who does not do harm to animals, plants and human-beings. She has also learnt that Kim Yong Sun is a habitual liar just like in this case where she claimed to be making poison when in fact, she’s probably making fertiliser.

She has learnt to know Yong Sun better throughout the years and the only thing intimidating about her right now is probably her eyes. Yong Sun is the witch of waterlily and water magic is her specialty even though she hardly puts it to good use. Witches are named after flowers and waterlily is the flower gifted to her upon birth. The tattoo on her was also a symbol of her birth as a witch and the waterlily on Byul Yi was the symbol of the pact between them. Byul Yi belonged to Yong Sun with that symbol and she would give nothing to exchange it.

Her life was simple but yet peaceful with this witch who makes flowers grow and bloom with every step she takes. She is a very beautiful witch.

-

“Do not do or say anything okay?” This was the umpteenth time the witch has said this to Byul Yi.

Byul Yi simply nodded over and over again. She had grown taller again, this time even taller than Yong Sun. Her silver hair grown so much longer than before and her face more mature now. Her innocent grey-blue eyes had narrowed over the past few years and she has clearly grown so much that the waterlily tattoo on her chest shrunk into the size of a bottlecap when it took up ¾ of her chest years ago.

Yong Sun on the other hand appears as youthful as ever. There was no sign of ageing appearing and her beauty was preserved as it is even though her hair has grown slightly longer and her hair was parted in the middle instead of the side. The halter gown she wore has been replaced by a strapless latex dress and fishnet stockings. At least she was growing with time and trend.

“And please do not wear that next time.” She sighed at the sight of Byul Yi in a soft-matte latex catsuit with a black tube top underneath. It looked good but it was too much for a familiar to wear to the congress.

“Well, it’s the first time you’ve brought me to the congress.” Byul Yi muttered under her breath. She was already 22 years old and not once had Yong Sun brought her to a witch meeting until this day. She’s old enough to know what to do but Yong Sun thinks otherwise. To Yong Sun, Byul Yi will forever be that small girl who lost her all. Byul Yi will always be her little baby girl and that made Byul Yi exhausted.

She had lived most of her life with the witch and has watched her countlessly even as the seasons passed. To her, the witch was her life and all she got. She loved the witch, more than she loves herself. She wants to give her all to the one who gave her all for her but Yong Sun would never take it. To Yong Sun, Byul Yi will always be that little girl no matter how old Byul Yi got. She’s sure that even after her death, Yong Sun will continue to mourn for the death of her beloved baby girl who will always and forever be her sweet little girl.

“Yong Sun.” She called as the witch climbed into the carriage which will bring them to the congress. The witch settled down and looked at Byul Yi questioningly as she watches Byul Yi clamber into the carriage after her. “I love you.”

Yong Sun’s eyes widened but became gentle yet again. The loving look of a motherly figure.

Just as the girl settled beside her, Yong Sun took her hand into her own and smiled gentle, her eyes like little moons. “I love you too, my baby. I will always love you.”

It crushed Byul Yi’s heart to pieces. It pained her to know that the result was just as she thought. To Yong Sun, Byul Yi will never be more than her precious baby girl. She bit her lip and forbade her tears from falling.

“I don’t mean it this way…” Her words were cut off abruptly by the witch who no longer had the same motherly look as before. Her eyes were stricter and her gaze stuck to the front instead of Byul Yi.

“Do not ever love a witch.” Her words echoed in Byul Yi’s mind and heart and Byul Yi knew. Her words are final.

A single tear dropped and that ended Spring.

-

Many years had passed since then and Byul Yi was already 32 years old. Wrinkles made its way up to the ends of Byul Yi’s eyes, a sign of her smiling too much. Her silver hair was now wavy and parted in the middle which made her look more mature than her usual airy bangs. Her grey-blue eyes now gentler than before. She no longer had the same fiery spirit of a youth. She exuded a mature and lively air now.

Yong Sun, however, continued to retain her youthful looks. Witches never grow old, what to expect of her at this point? Her honey brown hair had deepened a shade and is now rich dark brown. She retained the same centre-parted hair she had years ago. She seemed to have grown attached to that hairstyle. Her short dress has since been replaced with a black sweetheart-line gown that trailed on the ground. She seemed to have grown sentimental over time and had her black cloak draped over her shoulders now. Dark blue swirls illuminated their way on the underside of the cloak as a sign of belongingness.

They were still living a peaceful life in their small house far away from the village. Or it was at least thought to be peaceful until now.

Byul Yi could feel eyes on her as she walked back to the house from the market. She would want to shake the feeling off and pretended it was nothing but it would be ignorant to do so. She had a rough idea of what they are after so she did a detour and ran for her life.

For once she wanted to do something for the woman she loved and the woman who saved her life. For once she wanted to be the one to save the woman who is seen as a monster to commoners. She wanted to prove to them that her witch was good and her witch was Kim Yong Sun.

As she took off in a sprint, the villagers showed themselves and ran after Byul Yi. Several exclamations were heard from the bunch who had pitchforks and crossbows in their hands. Some of those that Byul Yi could’ve swore she heard were “catch that witch’s pet!” and “kill the monster!”. It pained her to know that the villagers who Yong Sun helped in the shadows for the past years thought of Yong Sun as a monster when she was actually their benefactor. Yong Sun would never fight back.

The sound of a crossbow being shot rang in Byul Yi’s ears even though it was rather silent and she stopped and cowered, bracing herself for the shot but it didn’t came.

She opened her eyes and turned back only to see the towering figure of the witch with her arms spread out. The gentle eyes of the witch met with the frantic eyes of Byul Yi as her back continued to face the angry crowd. The woman who once saved her as a child, saved her again.

The tears fell from her face and her lips trembled. She wanted to speak and tell her to move away but no words came out. Instead, the witch took Byul Yi’s tear-stained face in her hands and smiled gently.

“I told you not to fall in love with a witch, didn’t I?”

Her attention suddenly came to a focus to the group behind the witch and her eyes widened. Her hands flew to the witch’s abdomen as she tried to push her away.

“Stop!” She screamed, whether her intentions were to warn the witch or to stop the villagers, she was too late. The pitchforks and bows came flying and pierced themselves into the back of the innocent witch who did not returned a single attack. She had no intentions to fight back since the beginning.

She had lived a long life and had plenty of familiars before. Cats, dogs, human-beings, whatever you name it, she had them as familiars before but none of them were able to live as long as her. Everybody eventually left her side no matter how much they loved her and she loved them. She loved too much to know where this was going. She was tired of this repetitive lifestyle where in the end, she would be alone with love to spare but nobody to give it to. It was exhausting and this was finally the day to leave this life behind.

A tear fell from her gold eyes and she whispered her last words before a bow strikes her right in the head.

Byul Yi’s eyes widened momentarily and she screamed in agony. Her tears never seeming to end as she cradled the dead body of the witch in her arms, the moon bathing them with its light. The witch continued to carry a gentle smile even in death.

Byul Yi could hardly believe the witch is dead. The woman who saved her when she had nothing and the woman who saved her when she had everything. Byul Yi had everything she has ever wanted even if it came too late.

She was glad to have met the witch. The beautiful witch with the most beautiful soul on Earth. The most precious person to ever exist and the best to have fallen in love with.

“You idiot.” Byul Yi caressed the dead witch’s face with her bloodied hand, her tears spilling onto the witch’s frozen face. “You told me not to fall in love with a witch. How could I not?”

She continued to cry and the tears continued to wet the witch’s face. The reality finally starting to sink into Byul Yi as she gave the cold body one last hug.

“I love you too, Kim Yong Sun.”

OMGGGGGGGGGG oneshot angsty moonsun yasssssssss

Do y’all know what yongsun said at the end??????????

If y’all dk, I can tell y’all hahahahah

She whispered “I love you” to Moonbyul but in a romantic fashion instead of how she always say “I love you” to Moonbyul like a motherly figure.

So, yongsun is a witch who lived for hundreds of years and moonbyul is one of yongsun’s familiar who is also in love with yongsun. Yongsun told her not to fall in love with a witch because human-beings have a definite lifespan and will die while witches live for eternity so while the human-being grows older day by day, the witch will remain as youthful as ever and the human-being will eventually die.

Instead of making moonbyul die due to old age which was my original idea, I made yongsun die instead. So, the villagers do not know of yongsun being a witch and they started to suspect therefore following moonbyul as she returns back from the market. Moonbyul senses it and makes a run for it because she wanted to save yongsun like how yongsun saved her. However, since she is yongsun’s familiar, yongsun can feel it and came out to save her in the nick of time which resulted in her death because she didn’t plan to fight back since she is a good witch and will not harm anybody, and also that she’s tired of this lifestyle.

Yongsun protected moonbyul from start till the end because as mentioned in the story, moonbyul is yongsun’s “precious little girl” so in a way she is like yongsun’s “daughter”. Yongsun eventually falls in love with her as time passes but she forbade such relationships from blossoming because moonbyul will eventually die and leave her due to old age. But because she is about to die, she finally tells moonbyul “I love you” since she is going to leave before moonbyul leaves her y’know.

That is just a summary of the entire story and I hope it makes things clearer. This is just a bittersweet story that is heartwarming in a way I guess. I got inspired by a few twitter artists so why not right hehe.

Hope y’all enjoyed! Thank you!