Chapter Two

Family Issues and Blood Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shrill scream of a loud siren blared through Haeun’s bedroom, jolting the four siblings awake.

“Aw what the ,” Haeun muttered, rolling on top of Jimin before hopping off the bed to get her phone. It wasn’t even an alarm, it was a phone call from base.

“What is it,” Jinyoung mumbled, sitting up on the bed with sleepy eyes. “It’s like five in the morning.”

One of Jimin’s arms wrapped around Jinyoung, dragging him down and back into the warmth of the covers.

“It’s Jackson,” Haeun answered. She sounded pissed and looked like she was debating strangling someone.

“Well either pick up or make it stop,” Chanyeol ordered, his voice deep and rough. “Wait as in Jackson from Got7 Jackson. Like Jackson the criminal?”

“Of course,” Haeun scoffed, “What other Jackson do I know?”

“Make it stop,” Jimin whined, “It’s too early!”

His hair was a fluffy mess as he curled up in the spot where Haeun had vacated. The sun hadn’t even popped up, the only source of light was Haeun’s phone and a night light in the corner. Haeun couldn’t even see Chanyeol as he had clearly burrowed back under the covers, but a long body s under the covers. Jimin and Jinyoung had begun cuddling together, though both of them were firmly covering their ears. Haeun sighed as she swiped right, hoping that Jackson had a good reason for waking her up.

“Morning Haeunnie! RISE AND SHINE TIME TO FACE THE DAY!” Jackson crowed from the other end, his voice booming.

“Jackson, shut the hell up before I cut your off,” Haeun snapped, “I’m not in the ing mood, what on earth did you need to tell me at five in the morning?”

“I am so sorry.” Mark. “Forgive the douchebag we told him not to call you this early but he never listens.”

“Please control your boyfriend Mark or I will be forced to do bodily harm to him,” Jinyoung called from the bed, his own voice throaty with sleep. He cleared his throat before continuing.

“Now this better be good, what did you guys need?”

“OOO, why is Jinyoung with you Haeun-ah,” Jackson called, his voice much quieter and clearly he wasn’t near the phone.

“Because we’re ing,” Haeun retorted sarcastically, “We live in the same house .”

“It wasn’t actually Jackson who needed you,” a quiet voice came from the line. Haeun frowned, what did the hacker need this early in the morning?

“Jaejae?”

“Haeun-ah, I know it’s early in the morning but you know I’ve been monitoring some SM stuff right?”

“Uh-huh,” Haeun mumbled, making her way back to the bed.

“Yeah, so they’ve ordered hits on a few YG men, and there’s some rumors that they want a truce? Something to work with because YG is growing stronger?” Youngjae sounded wide-awake, if not scared. “I’m not sure though because SM has always played tricks and pulled crap like this.”

Haeun didn’t have friends and didn’t really trust, but if there was somebody she would’ve called her friend, it would’ve been Youngjae. The smiley hacker had initially welcomed her, as she had been one of the few to ever break through his defenses. Youngjae appreciated talent, and they quickly became partners in crime, working together extremely effectively and wreaking havoc on SM and YG’s databases. Youngjae even knew a lot about Haeun that she typically didn’t tell others, and he had been there for her when things had gotten rough. Even though Haeun didn’t have friends, Youngjae would probably be more like a brother to her. Not unlike her real blood-brothers.

“Oh no, that’s real Jae,” Haeun laughed, shaking her head. He was so cute sometimes.  

“What do you mean it’s real?!” Jackson screeched in the background before he was abruptly cut off, probably Mark’s doing.

“Exo showed up at my house last night,” Haeun sighed. “That really stupid party Father was throwing? We didn’t have to attend, but we had to guard right?”

“You and Jinyoung hyung, right?” Youngjae asked.

“Told you ya shouldn’t have gone home,” Jackson crowed in the back.

“Yeah, anyway, Exo showed up, it got really complicated. I’ll give you the full briefing later, but they mainly came to offer us a deal. JYP and SM together against YG and the police. Neither of us stand a chance against them separately. Especially if we’re fighting each other. At least that’s what they said.”

“Okay, you’ll probably have to report to Jaebum hyung, think he was talking about something about discussing stuff with you guys,” Youngjae agreed. “But that’s not the main problem…?”

“Oh you’re ting me,” Haeun sighed, “What else? Hit me with it.”

“So our maknaes…” Youngjae hesitated, almost afraid of her reaction.

“Just tell me,” Haeun snapped, “If I can I want to go back to sleep.”  

A short, apologetic laugh came over and Haeun squeezed her eyes shut in frustration. So she wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep.

“Yugyeom and Bambam may or may not have gone to a Pledis underground casino and may have been caught?”

“ing maknaes, remind we why we haven’t demoted them yet,” Haeun cussed, agressively shoving a strand of hair behind her ear.

Jinyoung’s eyes pried open we heard the conversation, raising an eyebrow at his sister. Haeun motioned that they’d talk about it after, flicking her fingers casually before she stretched and prepared for the day. She stuck the phone between her shoulder and her ear, listening to what else Youngjae had to say as she begun to get dressed.

“I have no idea what they were thinking. I mean, we’ve been in a turf war with Pledis in Busan for ages, of course they weren’t going to take nicely to two of JYP’s best members showing up. Wonder Girls shot up a few Seventeen members literally hours before they disappeared to apparently go gambling. Like come on what were they thinking?”

“Yeah, Jae, stay on track what else?”

“Um, so we need you and Jinyoung hyung to go take care of it because they know Junior-ssi is part of Got7, but as far as they know, Park Jinyoung and Haeun are still part of the YG family. We need you guys to be the middle people.”

“Father’s not going to be happy about that. You know he doesn’t take kindly to us throwing his name around. Plus he doesn’t even know that we’re part of this world.” Haeun rolled her almond eyes. Yeah, as if his children didn’t know where their millions had come from. Both of their parents had mafia origins, they weren’t just going to not know about it. Word got around.

“I know but we don’t know who else to send,” Youngjae said quietly.

“What do you mean? Ask G-idle from Cube or something, we’re on good terms.” Haeun shimmied out of her shirt, before sliding into a darker work shirt.

“Yeah, but Pledis knows that. They’re not willing to use anybody who’s closer with us than with them. This time was the maknaes’ fault. They invaded on their property, and there’s nothing to stop them from simply killing them off. We don’t have anything over Pledis, so we’re going to have to pay the ransom straight up.”

Haeun heard Youngjae swallow noisily. She sighed again. The maknaes were such a headache sometimes.

“How much.”

“5,600,000,000 won.”

“.”

All three of her brothers jumped on the bed. Jinyoung sat up, eyes carefully assessing as Haeun snapped a wooden brush in half.

“Haeun?” Youngjae whispered.

“Sorry,” Haeun said softly.

“It’s fine.”

She shook her head and struggled not to start screaming.

“Where do they think we’re going to get the money from? We don’t wipe our asses with money, Five billion six hundred mil? Where are we getting that Youngjae. And it’s hard cash isn’t it.”

“Yeah.” Youngjae sounded quiet melancholy. “I would ask JYP hyung but he’s already upset enough about what the Wonder Girls did. I can’t afford to do more.”

“So please tell me Youngjae dear, where are we going to get this money from?” Haeun snapped. “I’m sorry but we’re not made of gold. Why can’t we just leave the maknaes for Pledis to execute?”

Youngjae let out a nervous laugh. “You don’t mean that.”

Haeun snorted. Of course she did. Youngjae was always the soft one. Sure, the maknaes had their uses, but they were often more work than use. Yugyeom had a mean shot and Bambam was an effective agent, usually able to charm a client or their pants off, whichever came first. Neither was irreplaceable.

And even though JYP ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter