One Way Love

Starving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seugli doesn’t stay long after that. She tells Lynn that her cousin, who was the designated driver, has texted her to meet him at the front door. Lynn frowns, whining that she hasn’t gotten enough of Seulgi for her to leave yet. Seulgi laughs at that, before pulling out a red lipstick from her purse. Looking around, she grins when she spots a newspaper thrown in the corner and skips to fetch it.

“What are you doing?” Lynn mutters, watching Seulgi scribble something with her red lipstick with barely opened eyes.

Seulgi throws her a sly smile. “Leaving you my number.”

“Oh.” Lynn mumbles. “That’s cute.”

Lynn has already learnt that Seulgi is a melodramatic person, so when the latter kisses the paper to leave a red lips stained shape there, Lynn isn’t that surprised. Satisfied with the piece of paper, Seulgi hands it to the other girl. “Don’t forget to text me.”

“Of course I won't. And I would walk you out right now but I am too tired to even stand up.”

Seulgi frowns at that. “But you can’t stay here, you are about to fall asleep on the floor.” And with that she starts helping Lynn to stand up. “Let’s just get you to the sofa.”

“Okay.” Lynn agrees easily, throwing her arm over Seulgi’s shoulder, yet trying not to let her whole weight press on the other girl.

They make it safely to the living room, and Seulgi goes to gently help Lynn lay on one of the couches. The moment Lynn feels the soft surface under her, she goes to nuzzle her face to it, trying to dull the noise around her even though it is already subdued a lot compared to earlier. Seulgi throws her a goodbye and Lynn just waves lazily at her, not finding the energy to utter a word to thank the latter.

 

 

 

 

Lynn wakes up to the sun rays hitting her right into the eyes, and something breathing heavily into her ear. She groans, trying to push the heavy weight that’s squishing her into the couch. But that does the opposite of what she wants, as the person laying on her goes to cuddle her even tighter. Pulling her into an iron grip while mumbling incoherently under their breath. And even with the hangover making Lynn feel like her head is split into two, and the sun irritatingly blazing hotly on her, she recognizes Soonyoung’s voice with no trouble.

“Someone get this fatass off me.” She yells, elbowing Soonyoung who stays unmoving.

“Whoever is yelling,” Minghao grumbles from the floor beside the couch. “Your mom’s a hoe.”

“Hao shut the up and get this thing off me.”

“HOSHI FIGHTING!” Lynn hears someone yell from what she presumably assumes is the kitchen, and soon Soonyoung is wide awake and screaming back. “FIGHTIIIING!!”

Lynn takes this chance to push Soonyoung off her, coincidently landing him on Minghao. “This house is a ing nightmare.” She hears her Chinese friend curse, but she ignores it, lazily making her way to the kitchen.

She finds Junhui there, eating microwaved leftover pizza from the prior day. She grimaces at it, before making a beeline to the fridge in search for water. “Thanks for waking up Soon by the way.” She says, pulling out a water bottle from the fridge. “Also, can I get pain killers or something, I am going to die.”

Junhui grins at her, and Lynn questions how he can be so cheerful with a hangover. Science will never know. “I think Yugyeom has some.”

“And where can I find him?”

“Heard him throwing up his insides in the bathroom.” Junhui says with the same smile as if the image of Yugyeom hunched over a toilet bowl isn’t disturbing, as he points to one of the doors behind Lynn. The girl just nods, fleeing to said door.

Thankfully when Lynn barges into the bathroom, Yugyeom is no longer throwing up but rather washing his face. “My savior,” Lynn calls. “I heard you have pills to defeat this killer hangover.”

Yugyeom pulls a pill packet from the back pocket of his jeans, throwing them towards Lynn. “You’re welcome .”

Lynn smiles at him in appreciation. “Thanks, and good luck with,” she gestures to his state. “That.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It takes about half an hour for everyone to wake up, most of them find place in the kitchen. Soonyoung goes to finish some of Junhui’s pizza, while Lynn succeeds in making Jinyoung cook them some actual nutritious food.

“By the way, I found this on the floor. So, who of you actually scored a chick yesterday?” Junhui asks, holding up a very familiar piece of paper to show everyone. Lynn’s face whitens when she recognizes it as Seulgi’s phone number, with the very distinguished kiss mark.

Bambam wolf whistles, while Jinyoung glances back at Lynn as if he knows that it’s hers. Which she won’t put pass him, since he’s one of her few friends who knows her uality, add to it the fact that he saw her yesterday with Seulgi.

“So? It doesn’t belong to any of you?” Junhui asks. “Because if so then I am throwing it, my girlfriend can’t find this under me.”

“What? Are you insane? I’ll take it.” Yugyeom yells, trying to snatch the paper out of Junhui’s grasp.

Lynn panics, elbowing Soonyoung beside her and making him choke in his pizza. And when Jinyoung makes Yugyeom go get him a glass of water, she whispers into his ear. “You better tell them that paper is yours and take it.”

“Are you okay?” Yugyeom asks after Soonyoung chugs the water cup empty that's handed to him.

“Yeah, yeah.” He smiles reassuringly. “I just remembered how that paper is actually mine.” A series of whats and gasps go around, making Soonyoung frown. “What’s so surprising about me getting a girl’s number?”

“First, you have zero skills.” Minghao starts.

“AND, you spent the whole day dancing like a crackhead.” Junhui adds.

“AND you were with us,” Yugyeom gestures to himself and Bambam. “The whole night.”

"Okay damn, sorry I asked.” Soonyoung mutters, snatching the paper from Junhui as he does so. “But I have my ways, and at the end of the day I am the one with a pretty girl’s number and not you, so shush.”

Junhui scoffs. “I have a girlfriend.”

“I hAvE a gIrLfRiENd.” Soonyoung mocks, stuffing the number into his jeans’ pocket. And with the paper out of sight, the subject is also dropped to Lynn’s relief.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After inhaling Jinyoung’s food, Lynn decides to follow Soonyoung and Minghao to their dorm. The latter doesn’t look annoyed by that fact for once, too eager to know about the mysterious number of his dormmate to care.

"So, who’s the girl?” Minghao asks the moment they get into his car and off to their dorms.

Lynn groans. “Can’t you wait till we get to the dorm?”

Minghao sends her a questioning look from the rear-view mirror. “Don’t you want to know from where this number fell on Hosh too?”

Soonyoung chuckles nervously. “That’s the thing, it didn’t fall on me.”

“Huh?” Minghao mumbles in confusion. “So, you just took it so Yugyeom doesn’t take it?”

“No, my friend.” Lynn says. “The thing IS, that it didn’t fall on him, but rather on ME.”

Minghao almost swerves to the other lane at that, before laughing loudly. “Lynn, you gay .”

“Oh shut the , it’s just a friend.” Lynn mutters, smacking Soonyoung’s shoulder. “Hand it over.”

“Oof, jeez okay.” Soonyoung says as he fishes for the crumbled piece of paper from his pocket.

“Yeah friend. That’s why she kissed the paper for you.” Minghao accuses.

Lynn snatches the paper from Soonyoung, rolling her eyes at her Chinese friend. “She was just drunk and playing around.”

“But you don’t want her to be just playing around, right?” Soonyoung jokes, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Followed by Minghao's high pitched giggles.

“Can you please pull over? I will just go home from here by foot.”

But Lynn’s words go unheard, as her two friends keep on teasing her the whole way to their dorm.

 

 

 

 

 

“Aren’t you going home?” Minghao asks, kicking Lynn’s feet off his stomach, as she tries to squish herself with him on his bed.

Lynn shrugs, leaning to steal some of the chips Soonyoung is eating while sprawled on the floor, watching something on his phone. “Whenever.”

“Does Wonwoo even know where you have been? I mean you have been missing for a whole day, he might think you are dead.” Minghao presses, hoping Lynn gets the message and finally leaves. He glances at Soonyoung’s empty bed in distaste, not comprehending why his two friends decided to hog his space while a whole empty bed is there.

“I know you are saying that only to get me to leave, but you actually have a point.” Lynn mutters, ignoring Minghao’s relieved sigh when she gets off him.

 

 

 

 

 

When Lynn gets to her apartment, she goes to open the door quietly, not wanting to disturb Wonwoo in whatever he’s doing. She finds him in the living room playing a video game, and at the sound of Lynn entering, he pauses the game and turns to look at her. He unconsciously raises a brow at her appearance, and Lynn looks down to realize that she has changed into Soonyoung’s clothes after taking a shower in their dorm, therefor looking like a serious case of ‘ed at my boyfriend’s house and now am in his clothes’.

“Oh, you’re back.” Wonwoo says unintelligently, and Lynn cracks a sheepish apologetical smile. “Yeah, I am sorry. I think I should have said that I’ll stay the night out. But it wasn’t planned, I just crashed at the party with my friends after getting too drunk, and then I went to my friend’s dorm and washed up there, and now I am here.” She explains hurriedly, only worrying about over sharing after she has already said it all.

“Ah, it’s fine, you don’t have to explain yourself. I was just concerned and had no way of contacting you.” Wonwoo explains quietly. “I would have contacted your mom, if I didn’t accidently hear your friend talking about a party.”

Lynn’s cheeks color at that. “Oh, sorry about that too. Soonyoung can be too loud sometimes. But now that you have mentioned it, it’s wiser to have each other’s numbers.”

Wonwoo nods, silently passing Lynn his phone. Lynn quickly puts in her number, giving herself a call, before handing the boy his phone back. “Kay, done.”

“Okay, thanks.” Wonwoo mumbles, focusing back on his game after unpausing it.

Lynn hums in respond, walking to her room, but as she opens the door of her room, she turns back to Wonwoo. “Again, I am really sorry.” And she enters the room, closing the door behind her before Wonwoo can even attempt to answer.

 

 

 

 

The first thing that Lynn does when she plumbs herself into her bed is fetch for the piece of newspaper that she had stuffed into Soonyoung’s jean’s pocket that she’s wearing. She smiles dumbly at the girl’s lips mark, before going to save the number under ‘Pretty Seulgi <3’.

Hey! Seulgi?

Yea!! who s thus

hus

this*

Are you still drunk??

no no i just at typin

lynn?

Oh wow you remembered me!

I am glad

pleaaase!!!! i told u I wont forget u

so did u get home safe last night?

Ah no I stayed the night with my friends! I just got home

What about you? Any hangover?

Uggggggghhhhh! dont remind me its killing me! i am going to overdose on these painkillers soon

Lynn spends the rest of the day, and even night texting Seulgi. And as the latter confesses that she has amnesia, and with Lynn’s messed up sleep schedule, they decide to face time and only hang up when it’s nearing 5AM and Wonwoo’s alarm is already going off. (Unlike Lynn, Wonwoo doesn’t let him alarm ring for too long before Lynn can hear him washing up.)

 

 

 

 

 

Lynn and Seulgi spend the week texting and facetiming each other whenever possible. It is a bit surprising to Lynn how fast she has hit it off with the other girl. So, it isn't too shocking when Seulgi sends her a text Thursday night, inviting her to yet another party. And by inviting Lynn means coaxing her to come.

But I am not used to going to parties where I know no one!

Lynn frowns as she watches the 1 disappear from beside her message, signaling that Seulgi indeed read it. When no three dots appear on the chat, Lynn realizes that Seulgi is going ti send her yet another record. The later has told her before that she’s lazy and loves to ramble, so she usually spam Lynn with records rather than write an article full of typos that Lynn has to decipher.

A record of over a minute reaches Lynn and she rolls her eyes as she opens it.

‘Oh come on, I’ll be there. And plus there would be no underaged Kim and her creepy friend Junghyun! I promise it’s going to be so much fun. My friends Irene and Wendy are hosting it, you know the two I told you are painfully and obviously in love with each other yet they do nothing about it, except for that time they kissed, and Irene was freaking out but she was only faking it cuz she kept smiling. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh this recording is getting too long. Wait I’ll send another one.’

Lynn giggles, rolling her eyes yet again at Seulgi’s antics. As she always ends up falling into a tangent and starts going from a subject to subject. More often than not, they end up scrolling up through their convo so Seulgi can remember what they were even talking about. Lynn’s phone ding with another upcoming record soon after.

‘Anyway, as I was saying. You really shouldn’t miss this party! I will be around with you the whole time, don’t worry about being alone with people you don’t know and ! And we can make our own beer pong, even though I don’t promise I’ll will be any better than last time. I am too much of a mess when I drink. But yeah, you can be my knight in shining armor yet again and take some shots for me, riiight?’

Ignoring how her heart swells at the cute tone Seulgi takes at the end of her message, Lynn hits record to reply, cursing herself for being too weak.

‘Okay, Okay I will go with you and be your knight in shining armor.’ Lynn then adds teasingly. ‘Anything for you,  princess.’

Seulgi replies with a caps locked keyboard smash, too many blushing emojis and a recording where she’s just squealing and telling the other girl to stop going for her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Your favorite girl is here.” Lynn exclaims loudly as she opens the door of her friends’ dorm, not caring that she is in fact invading their privacy.

“Wheein is here?” Soonyoung shrieks from his bed and Lynn hears Minghao snickers.

Lynn scoffs. “Just say you’re whipped and go.”

Soonyoung pouts, huffing as he turns his attention back to whatever he was doing. Minghao comes out from the bathroom then, his black hair damp as he dries it with a towel over his shoulders. “And what brings you here in such a fine day, if I may ask?”

“I have a party later on and so someone of you volunteer to do my make up, please.” Lynn bats her eyelashes at Minghao.

“You are going to a party?” Soonyoung splutters in shock, eyes wide and jaw slack open. When all the girl does is nods at him, he glances at Minghao, giving him the ‘is she serious’ look. Minghao looks just as surprised, his eyebrows frowned in confusion. “Since when do you go to parties without us?”

“Hell even when you go with us, it’s usually after a lot of coaxing.” Soonyoung adds.

“Well the coaxing did happen. Just not by any of you.”

Soonyoung claps, falling back to his pillow and looking all smug that he has unraveled the secret. “Moonbyul.”

“No.” Lynn laughs at the comical way in which Soonyoung’s face fall.

“Jinyoung?” Minghao guesses hesitantly, watching Lynn’s reaction.

“No.”

Minghao snaps his fingers in disappointment. “Figures, we would have heard if it was Jinyoung.”

“Who else is left?” Soonyoung whines. “We know all your other f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter