Part 3

Kronoseunan: They Are Coming

Kris stood up and looked over the room. 'I need my Leaders.'

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked around, curious to see who were the leaders.

Junmyeon stood first, which they had both anticipated. He strode across the room and stood next to Kris. Despite his small stature, he looked regal and commanding.

Next, a short man with chubby cheeks and wide, single-lidded eyes stood. He wore a tag on his shoulder that said Minseok. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been introduced to him earlier.

Kim Jongdae, Zhang Yixing, Lu Han, Oh Sehun, and Do Kyungsoo stood after him, all at once. They lined up and stood stock-still.

'Our first mission in several years is here,' Kris announced. 'There is an army marching toward us, and they will be here in just a few hours. We must prepare for a great battle. Put your training to use, everyone.' Then he looked straight at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 'Except you two. You're too new. Stay inside.'

'But-' Chanyeol began.

'No buts,' Kris said coldly. 'Stay in. Finish eating. Go to bed and sleep. We don't need you yet.'

 

 

 

Eight hours later, the battle was still raging. The army that had attacked was sent by an unknown force in the west. And they were numerous, and powerful. 

Most of Kris' warriors were injured. Nearly three hundred were dead. Kronoseunan was losing. 

Kris gritted his teeth and ignored the cut in his thigh, fighting on. He saw Junmyeon nearby, shielding Sehun from an attacker. Another Kronoseunan warrior fell. They couldn't win. 

Then a blinding flame shot across the field from the Kronoseunan Army's side, pushing the enemy back. Kris whirled in amazement and saw the last thing he expected.

Chanyeol stood on the roof of the Kronoseunan Headquarters, his hand outstretched; and it was smoking. His hand was emitting genuine smoke. 

Chanyeol had just defeated an entire army with one hand.

'You can make that much fire with your body?' Junmyeon screamed. 'Why didn't you tell us?' 

'You told me to stay out of the battle! Plus I wasn't sure if I could control it.'

'You're a leader. I promote you to a leader,' Kris blurted.

Oh, no. Did he really just make that annoying little brat a Leader? 

A cheer rose up from Kris' Army. He sighed. Well, that was that; Chanyeol was a Leader now. 

'Does Baekhyun have great powers too?' Sehun asked. 'Or is he just meant for a warrior?' 

'What?' Chanyeol asked in confusion.

'Not everyone with the Triangle has powers,' Junmyeon explained. 'Those who do either become leaders, or go to the Chamber of Ice to hide away- if their power is too strong. It's not a nice place. That's why we must control our powers.'

'Is anyone in the Chamber now?' Chanyeol asked. 

Kris winced. Yes, someone was there. He didn't want to talk about it right now....

'Huang Zitao is in the Chamber,' Junmyeon said softly. 'His power is time control. But it went haywire once and he accidentally pulled an enemy from 2000 years ago back from the past. We lost nearly all of our Army. He had to retreat to the Chamber for our safety and his own.'

Chanyeol was silent. 

'We lost a leader, too......' Kris murmered. 

No one wanted to discuss the death of the Leader, Jinho. Sehun quickly returned to the original topic. 'Does Baekhyun have power?' 

'I don't know,' Baekhyun admitted. 

'He can make light bulbs light up even when they've burned out,' Chanyeol stammered.

'Maybe he has a light power,' Junmyeon sighed. 'I guess we'll find out.'