Detestation

Bite The Dust

Seokjin clearly remembers that day.

 

"I really feel good whenever I get 80 on a test" Hoseok once stated.

"I've never got 100 since the day I was born" "Ditto"

"I once got 4 - " Seokjin smiled,grinning to be exact as the others cracked up.

 

But Namjoon was just silently smiling - no words can be heard from him ever since the topic came up.

 

"Ah! Namjoon-ah probably got 100s on test!" Yoongi exclaimed. The leader just continued to eat while silently smiling.

 

Seokjin's smile brighten - proud of their hardworking leader.

 

But a part of him felt like an idiot.

 

Seokjin isn't surprised really - Namjoon,their lyricist is a genius man,there's no denying it.

 

It was even mentioned on an interview once.

 

Seokjin is proud,he really is. Namjoon's IQ adds more to his charm.

(He even sometimes ask the younger to answer his homework - oops. Namjoon happily obliged though)

 

Even fans fawn over Namjoon's intellegence. And it's nice,really nice.

 

But once he graduated Konkuk,he feels as if it's not enough.

 

He was never enough.

 

So to further advance his studies he enrolled once more at Hanyang Cyber University. But it made him think if it would be really smart to enroll once more - even if you know that your company doesn't want you to debut as an actor.

 

Seokjin was reminded of Jungkook's graduation as well - it was all fun,the members eating together,Yoongi even brought them lamb skewers. Everyone was there.

 

His graduation on the other hand -

 

Well - in his opinion it's satisfying,at least he got to graduate right?

 

Right.

 

He doesn't have to dwell on these things.

 

The male sighed as he looked at the laptop in front of him and at the paper in his hand.

Seokjin had been stressed out for a while now. With their upcoming comeback he doesn't have the time to catch up with his online studies.

 

It didn't help that he have an upcoming test either.

 

He groaned in frustration when he can't get the equation right. 'Should I ask Joonie?' He asked himself,looking at the laptop in front of him.

 

'I shouldn't be a burden,he's probably working on a song'

 

I shouldn't be -

("An idiot"

"Jin-hyung's scores are funny"

"Silver spoon? Kinda fits you y'know")

 

He pushed the gnawing thoughts away. He gently slapped himself with both his hands and shook his head. Seokjin doesn't have time for this - he needs to learn,he needs to study,he needs to keep his cool.

 

Seokjin decided it'll be better to get fresh air. Pushing himself up from his bed,the male walked out of his room into the kitchen. He pulled the fridge's door open and took out a whole pitcher of cold water.

 

He grabbed the nearby glass. (Is it clean? You know what,Seokjin doesn't care anymore - more than once he shared a glass with the other members) He poured himself water and drank it in one go.

 

He flinched when he heard a thumping sound,and whipped his head towards the direction of the sound. Seokjin sighed in relief when it was only Namjoon who managed to stub his toe on the edge of the table's leg.

 

"Namjoon-ah,you scared me"

"Sorry hyung!" Namjoon stated in a hush whisper. "Do you mind passing me a glass?" Seokjin did as what he was told and poured Namjoon a glass of water. "Here" He said,passing the glass towards the group's leader.

 

"Why are you up this late again hyung?"

"Ah,I got a test coming up and since I can't catch up with my studies - I'm cramming" Seokjin said,chuckling as shook his head.

"Do you want me to help you?" Namjoon proposed. Seokjin can't turn it down,he doesn't want to seem rude - he knows that even Jungkook asks Namjoon when he also have a test coming up.

 

"Sure,shall we start tomorrow?"

 

Tomorrow came,Seokjin still hadn't gotten much sleep.

 

Not when he keeps having these thoughts. Moreso since the comeback is near and so is his test.

 

"Hyung,are you ready?" Seokjin nodded his head as he laid out his printed out reviewer,and some handwritten notes in the table in front of him.

 

Namjoon smiled at him,appreciating his hyung's efforts.

 

An hour past and yet Seokjin only got 15 out of 100 questions right. Namjoon looked at him pitifully,Jin hung his head in shame.

"Do you want to take a break hyung?" Namjoon asked,his voice low. As if speaking higher will break Seokjin.

 

"Y-yeah that'll be great"

A five minute break has been giving to Seokjin,he spent it on his room,wallowing away in self-pity and discrimmination.

It's gnawing at Seokjin's mind,at the deepest part of his mind. Where he had push all the insecurities and fear. It's trying to crawl out - and Seokjin doesn't know how it'll stop.

 

"Hyung?" A familiar voice and a knock to his door flicked him out of his trance. "Coming Joon-ah" He replied,fixing his self and realized the wetness to his face.

 

Seokjin immediately wiped the tears,he grabbed his glasses and placed them on - hoping that Namjoon wouldn't notice the swell of his eyes.

 

He opened the door and faced the leader,Namjoon was looking at him in worry - "I was just looking for my glasses,maybe it'll help me focus more" Seokjin state with a fake cheerfulness. The other male seems to have taken his excuse and ushered his hyung back to the living room where they're studying.

 

Seokjin didn't got into Konkuk for nothing,he didn't get through the university because he's a silver spoon. He got to Konkuk because he's a great actor.

 

A goddang great actor.

 

Seokjin still didn't got any of the answers right.