Reduced To Ashes

Bite The Dust

Seokjin can't sleep that night.

 

No -

Not when he can't dance the cheoreography properly.

No -

When he can't get the tight feeling in his chest.

No -

When his dongsaengs thought of him like that.

 

An embarrasment -

Failure,nothing,worthless -

 

"Hyung"

"Jin-hyung"

"Jinnie-hyung"

"Jinnie-ah"

"JIN-AH!"

 

Seokjin snapped out of his daze,he stared at his ceiling for a good minute before his eyebrows scrunched in displeasure.

 

"I've been calling you for two minutes hyung" Yoongi frowned as he stood at Jin's doorway. "Ah,Yoongichii I'm sorry - I was just thinking about our comeback in America" The oldest stated,sitting up from his bed as he smiled apologetically at the stoic (But still somewhat soft - Jimin's words,not Seokjin's) rapper.

 

The shorter male sighed as he shook his head,Yoongi went inside Seokjin's room - shutting the door quitely and walked towards the other.

('We're not roommates anymore' Seokjin remembered)

 

Seokjin scooted over to make room for his ex-roommate.

("Do we really have to use the term 'ex'? That's weird hyung" Yoongi stated,Seokjin just chuckled "We're not even a couple" Seokjin's laughs grew - making him miss the longing glance of his fellow member)

 

Yoongi sat down as he stared at his hyung. "Something's bothering you" The male stated,his tone definitely a statement - not a question. "It's just about the comeback" Seokjin replied,laying back down as he stared at his once-roommate's face. There's no light from inside his room,due to the rain the streetlights from outside became fuzzy - as if it was meant to be taken as a picture.

 

But Seokjin imagined Yoongi,peering down on him - his pale skin illuminating due to the moonlight,Yoongi's face would be etched in worry but still wouldn't pry until Seokjin would tell him the problem himself.

 

The vocal shook the thought away,he smiled - despite having known that the rapper couldn't see him in the dark. "It's just about the comeback,really" He can hear the other sighing once more before laying down next to him.

 

(Maybe Yoongi was right - Seokjin once thought,why use the term 'ex' when they've been doing this routine almost everynight ever since they've gotten rid of their 'eternal roommates' title?)

 

And as what Seokjin thought,Yoongi didn't pried even after that - he just laid there,both of them basking in the comfort of each other's silence.

 

But Seokjin remembered - once more,that despite the silence there was a lot more before.

 

Definitely a lot more before.

 

("You're just a pretty face"

"Bet you don't even know anything about hip-hop"

"Pretty boys shouldn't be here"

"Are you sure this kind of pretty should be allowed in hip-hop?")

 

But Seokjin remembered as well - a bashful Yoongi,him and the rapper we're just assigned to be roommates.

("What is it Yoongi-ah?"

The other mumbled something incoherent.

"I can't hear you - no don't give me that look,you're really spilling gibberish!"

"Fine!I'm sorry hyung okay! I'm sorry for the words I said back then - you're more than just a pretty face and you know a thing or two")

 

Seokjin remembered that - he,as Yoongi apologized was surprised,but the surprised reaction was immediately replaced by a warm smile.

 

("I already forgave you Yoongi-ah,I was meant to be an actor not an idol anyways")

 

And Seokjin,still to this day still remembers that - he's supposed to be an actor. He was supposed to be an actor. But BigHit didn't gave him the satisfaction of that,of course Seokjin was still greatful - he met this people he had known to be his second family and became part of something to be truly proud of.

 

But Seokjin wonders - wonders and wonders,that what if BTS' Jin didn't exist.

 

Would the rest of BTS still be succesful?

Of course you idiot,they're talented

Would the rest of BTS still be properly taken care of?

They have Yoongi as their hyung,they have Hobi as well.

Would BTS still be happy if he's gone?

Abso-ing-lutely.

 

Seokjin didn't slept that night.