The Scratches

The Love We Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun woke up the next morning with much more enthusiasm. His first day in school didn’t turn out the way he expected it to be. In fact, it was the total opposite. He had a fun, no, a great time with Baekhyun and Chanyeol and especially Luhan, and in a short span of time, Sehun found himself being into Luhan much more than he would like. After lunch, they became inseparable. Luhan had been pulling him here and there, and Sehun has no problem with that. In fact, he loves being with Luhan. He knows it’s too sudden, but he can feel a deep connection with Luhan. Yesterday had been nothing but a wonderful day, thanks to Luhan, and Sehun’s already looking forward to spending more of his days with Luhan, of course, and the Baekyeol couple too.

Sehun went out of bed after hearing the first ring of his alarm clock. It was only 6:15, and his classes don’t start until 7:30. He first checked his phone, hoping to get at least a single message from Luhan. Yep, they already exchanged numbers yesterday before they left the classroom. Sehun’s not into the idea but Luhan insisted and Sehun, being a er for Luhan, cannot turn the latter down. Luhan had typed his number in Sehun’s phone and saved it as ‘Lulu’ and Sehun did the same in Luhan’s phone. Luhan saved Sehun’s number as ‘Sehun-ah’ and they parted ways when they reached the gates for Luhan still had to go to a bookstore and Sehun already had to go home.

Finding none, Sehun put his phone on his bed and plopped back down his bed.

“Oh Sehun, why are you upset with such trivial matter? So what if Luhan didn’t send you a message? You’re just his friend, it isn’t his obligation to send you messages from time to time like what a boyfriend does.” Sehun scolded himself.

Minutes after, Sehun felt his phone vibrating. He picked it up and saw that he received 2 messages from none other than Luhan. He hastily opened it and read what Luhan had sent him.

“Good morning, Sehun! I forgot to text you yesterday night for I got home late. Well, I see you at school later!”

-Luhan, was his first message and the second one says “Take care, Sehun-ah!”

And once again, Sehun is feeling giddy because of the same person. And yep, the old Sehun will never admit it but he’s already fallen for Luhan. He knows it’s too fast but who wouldn’t fall for someone like Luhan? He’s kind, charming and cute in all aspects possible. He’s fun to be with it and he knows how to make a person happy.

Sehun reread the messages again and smiled. It’s funny that with just those messages, Sehun is already over the moon. He’s already looking forward to seeing Luhan later. With that thought in mind, Sehun went to his bathroom to take a rather longer shower than necessary. He knows he smells nice but he wants to smell even nicer for Luhan and look good for Luhan - the only person he will be trying to impress in his whole 18 years of existence.

Sehun finished his morning routines, taking a bath, styling his hair and changing into fresh clothes after a good 30 minutes. He went downstairs, with his backpack already hanging loose on his shoulders,and went to the kitchen. He saw his mother sipping on his cup of tea. When she noticed him, she placed her cup down and motioned Sehun to sit on the chair in front of her. Sehun did as requested and his mother placed his glass of orange juice that she had prepared earlier and two ham and cheese sandwiches in front of him. Sehun picked up one of the sandwiches and took a rather big bite. He was busy chewing when his mother asked him a question.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come home early last night, son. So, how was school yesterday?” she asked.

“Hmm, it’s okay. I’m liking my new school” he answered, his lips curved upwards and took another bite from his sandwich and took a sip from his orange juice.

“Oh, really? Why so?”

“There are great people there, Mom and I’m enjoying their company” he sincerely said. His mother stood up and went beside Sehun. She placed her palm over his forehead.

“Hmm, you’re not running a fever.”

“Mooooom!” Sehun whined.

She retracted her hands from his forehead and chuckled, “I’m only joking, and stop whining, Sehun, you’re too old to whine!”

“Tss, whatever” Sehun finished his breakfast and stood up, “I’ll be going now, Mom”

“Oh, okay” his Mom placed a kiss on his forehead and led him outside, shouting the words ‘take care’ and waving goodbye at him when he’s already inside the bus.

Sehun arrived at school at 7:10 a.m. and he went straight to their room, hoping that Luhan had already arrived. Upon entering their room and seeing it nearly empty as there were just 5 students inside, Sehun sighed. He sat at the bench outside their room and patiently waited for Luhan. He took his phone from his pocket and started playing Super Helix. He had already cleared and passed 3 levels but Luhan still hadn’t showed up. 10 minutes before their classes start, and the Baekyeol arrived.

“Oi, Sehun, good morning” they greeted in unison. Sehun nodded his head and greeted them back.

“Good morning, Baekyeol”

“Why are you here? You’re waiting for someone?” Chanyeol asked him

“Uh, no, I just don’t want to go inside the room yet for I don’t know the people inside but now that you two are here” Sehun stood up and stood beside them, “I can already go inside” he said with a stupid-looking grin.

“Uh, you sure? Luhan’s already at the gates, you won’t wait for him?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uh, no I-” Sehun was cut off by Luhan, who’s standing at the end of the hallways and had called for him.

“Sehun-ah” Luhan shouted, waving cutely at them.

“Well, your prince is calling for you, Sehun, we’ll go inside first, bye bye” the couple waved at him and walked away grinning.

“And Sehun, go get that kitten and make him yours! Fighting!” Baekhyun shouted. Sehun then turn his attention towards the boy who’s happily skipping towards him. Sehun willed himself to not laugh at how cute Luhan is acting that moment. Luhan looks like a 7-year old kid that time who’s eager to attend his first day of school. His wearing a pastel hoodie and white jeans, his hair was bouncing as he skipped towards Sehun. Luhan continued skipping and Sehun just focused his gaze on him, a smile visible on his lips. Luhan skipped and skipped and Sehun noticed something - Luhan’s shoe lace isn’t tied!

“Lu, your shoe-”

*bam*

Sehun held his breath.

3 seconds.

5 seconds.

“Sehuuuuun-aaah!” and then he heard a loud wail. Luhan accidentally stepped on his shoe lace and tripped. Sehun immediately run to his aid and helped Luhan to sit up.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Let me see” Sehun started inspecting a sobbing Luhan, whose eyes were now puffy, his cheeks tinged with a pretty shade of pink. He lifted Luhan’s arms and checked if he got any bruise, luckily, he did not.

“My knees hurt, Sehun-ah” Luhan sobbed and buried his face on Sehun’s chest. Sehun pulled Luhan up and assisted him while walking and made Luhan sat on the bench where he was sitting earlier.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter