The Encounter

The Love We Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's mother was tasked to manage one of the branches of the company she's working at and it was far from their former place. Not one to decline such a good offer, she decided to move out but she doesn't want to leave his only son unattended so she decided that she'll take Sehun with her and that's mainly the reason why Sehun is now standing before an unfamiliar gate - his new school.

Sehun entered the school gate with a sigh, his eyes taking a quick look of the new school he's going to study at during his last year in high school. He tread along the hallways, taking slow steps towards his classroom, his face clearly showing his emotion - dislike.

Sehun dislikes the idea that he has to leave his former school and everything in it - the basketball team, his circle of friends, his spot in the rooftop.

Sehun dislikes the idea of having to start over again. He hates how he has to blend in to a new school body again. He hates making adjustments. He hates the responsibilities that comes with beginning again.

Sehun turned left upon reaching the end of the seemingly unending hallway and 2 seconds later, he is already on the floor with somebody on top of him.

Sehun groaned as he felt his back coming in contact with the floor. First day of school and my spinal cord is near to being broken. Great.

Sehun stared at the person who bumped into him and woah - am I dreaming? The person who bumped into him has his eyes closed, his cheeks red, his hands placed on top of Sehun's chest. Said person's eyes then fluttered open, blinking afterwards. And upon realizing that he was indeed on top of somebody, he stood up.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he exclaimed and held out his hand for Sehun to take. Sehun can feel his heart beating at a faster rate when he felt the soft hand against his'.

The guy pulled him up and inspected him. He turned Sehun around and ask him 'are you okay? Does something hurt?' and Sehun shook his head.

Nothing hurts. In fact, he's feeling giddy. Giddy for what? He doesn't know. Maybe it was because of the guy's soft and soothing voice. Or maybe his soft hands placed on his shoulder. Or maybe the soft gaze he was directing to Sehun. Or maybe it was because of him in totality.

"Are you sure? I can take you to the infirmary"

"N-no, I'm fine. T-thank you" Sehun replied, stuttering.

"Once again, I'm sorry. I was in a hurry because class is starting soon and I forgot my books at the cafeteria and I didn't see you. I'm sorry" he bowed at Sehun and smiled gently at him, stunning Sehun at how bright he looks that moment "well, I'm going now" he bowed again and took his leave, leaving Sehun and his erratically beating heart.

Sehun placed his hand on his chest. He can feel his heart pounding at his rib cage faster than normal. Must be from the fall. He watched the retreating back of the boy as it continue running at the hallways, completely disappearing seconds later. He tried calming his giddy self and started doing breathing exercises. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe o-.

“Mesmerized by that guy who fell on top of you? Boy, that’s his magic! I take it that you’re a transferee? He’s the school’s flower boy. A senior. Sadly, it’s his last year here in the school. The students will miss him for sure” the guy, who Sehun doesn’t know, stated, a grin evident., “if you want to court him, it will be hard though, he’s not interested with relationships tsk tsk” the guy continued, slowly shaking his head this time.

“Uh?” Sehun stared at the man, who still has his hand on his left shoulder, quizzically. He pointed at the hand that was on his shoulder. Why is he telling me this? I am not mesmerized by the guy!

“Oh, sorry!” the guy immediately retracted his hand, shoving it inside his pants’ pocket, “I’m Chanyeol by the way, and you are?” he offered his other hand to Sehun, waiting for Sehun to take it for a handshake.

“Uh, Sehun. I’m new here. I’m a senior” he answered.

“Oh! Nice to meet you, Sehun! I’m also a senior! What class are you in?”

“Class 3-A”

“Really?! We’re in the same class then! Let’s go, don’t want to be late on the first day” Chanyeol grinned at him and started walking to their classroom, pulling Sehun with him. Chanyeol is taller than him, and Sehun noticed that his ears are a bit bigger than his’ too. His strides are also not an exception. Sehun had a hard time walking with (being pulled by) Chanyeol. When they arrived at their room, Chanyeol was tackled to the floor by a loud guy.

“Yeollieeeeee! What took you so long?! I was waiting for you for 10 minutes now!” the loud guy put on a pout and stared at the chuckling Chanyeol beneath him. Chanyeol reached out to pinch the guy’s cheeks.

“I’m sorry, Baekkie. I stopped by to witness a cute scene between the flower boy and the new hottie” Sehun swore that he saw Chanyeol, smirking at him. New hottie? Is he referring to me?

“Oh! Oh! What happened, Yeollie? Did the new hottie made a move on the precious flower boy? What’s the pick-up line? Are they a thing now? Will the flower boy finally get laid? Oh my god! Tell me! Tell me!” Sehun gawked at the loud guy, woah he can be even louder.

“Nope, nothing much happened. No pick-up line yet. The flower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter