two

The intermittence of Death and Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Round loony eyes blinked the sleep away. Her jutted thoughts scrambled away from her skull as quickly as the dawn coming. Her teeth shone as she yawned wildly, and as her long skinny arms stretched. Her back hurt though. The down side of sleeping in the janitor’s quarters.  And that’s her own fault. Jiu didn’t want to go back home, she preferred to stay in the government building, where her own ghosts come haunting at her every single second of the day, until she no longer feel anything other than this numbing sensation. It’s horrible, being so tormented by her own demons that she can no longer remember how it feels to be calm and safe.

“Hey, Jiu, don’t tell me that spent the night in there” A coworker asked, his name is Bom, an old guy with weird quirks. “They should give you a rise, I mean; you are the most dedicated janitor ever”

Jiu smiled, tightly. She wanted to sleep a little more, but she needs to wash up as well, and maybe eat something. Her stomach feels stony and heavy. And she does smells funny.

“Yeah, mate” She mumbled, before, sitting down in the corner, and closing her eyes, sleeping almost instantly, forgetting her hunger.

Her dreams were full of dark, no stars. Her dreams didn’t contain feelings only emptiness. And Jiu preferred that way. She preferred that empty feeling, no sadness no happiness.

Her back still hurt, and her leg was cramping, but she felt calm, and slept better than in her own bed.

But her stomach protested the lack of food. This is the third day of eating to the minimum. She just cant fathom the idea of eating. It makes her feel nausea.

Why she does feel this way? Why? Her whole body hurts with invisible cuts, her scars tingle, even the ones in her hands. It feels weird, this ghost pain is weird. Everything just hurts, and the smile on her face feels foreign.

“I knew it, I just had a gut feeling that I’ll find you there, just like an old kicked dog” A melodic voice spoke after the silence that caressed Jiu’s mind. Her eyes opened on their own record to find Sua almost glaring at her.  She offered a tight smile, just staring at the woman without words. “Why you haven’t come home? I went to your house, but the land lady told me that you were doing double shifts. It’s like you are always here”

Jiu smiled, her drunken smile, and she even had the nerve to giggle. Sua, her loyal friend, was just nagging like an old mother, not caring in the slightest that she is a secretary admired by many, desired by many and that Jiu, is just a simple janitor. The humans can be so compassionate as well as cruel.

“So, how was the date?” Jiu patted the space next to her, putting a little distance because she feels self conscious that she hadn’t washed up in a while.

Sua kinda blushed and kinda rolled her eyes.

“You are some dirty pig, Jiu, I can smell you from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter