002

You build me up and then I fall apart

It was an elegant party she had to admit; beautiful women dressed in designer clothes and jewelries prancing gracefully around the hall, and men dressed in expensive suits all chatting and laughing and celebrating their success as a team.

The party was meant to celebrate the final performance of one of the most successful musicals in Korea. Sunhui wasn’t sure why she had agreed to accompany her boyfriend this time, given that she was never a fan of musicals, yet here she was, standing awkwardly near her boyfriend, while he greeted his coworkers and fellow actors, many of whom she barely even knew.

While the leading actors were taking photos, she took a step back and took a seat on the farthest chair on the back of the hall. She had to admit all those fancy parties were interesting and everything but they were far from her world. She was used to quiet evenings, enjoying a cup of coffee in front of the TV or a stroll near the river; she rarely attended the parties her coworkers threw. She preferred her small, quiet world that was filled with lots of cuddles with her cat Hunnie and the long nights full of talking and laughing with Hanna. And she was glad because from what she had seen so far, she hadn’t missed much.

She had gotten a headache from all those cameras flashing, all the fake and polite smiles she had had to flash the strangers who didn’t even pay her a second glance and the fact that she was standing like a sore thumb in the middle of all the glamorous beautiful women surrounding her boyfriend.

She sighed audibly and sipped the her drink, she was sitting here for a good 45 minutes while her boyfriend was chatting and laughing with her friends – friend-  to be exact, completely forgetting about  his date.

She wasn’t the least bit jealous or anything. She knew exactly what she was applying for, the moment she said yes to Taekwoon asking her out.

After a long 2 hours wait, finally her boyfriend came looking for her.

“Oh here you are! Ready to leave?”

“Yes.” She answered quietly surprised that he wasn’t even curious were she had been this whole time.

She decided to keep shut about the whole thing given how happy and smiley Taekwoon was after the party, but her thoughts wasn’t leaving her alone the whole way home.

For the first time in 2 months, she was having second thoughts.

                                                                                           ***

  The soft chatter died down as soon as she entered the room. She opted for ignoring them altogether and went straight to the kitchen to drink some water. This was going on for a while now. All of them have taken it upon themselves no to talk about anything remotely related to what they thought as sensitive topics in front of her and they ended up not talking at all in front of her like she would burst out crying any minute.

She didn’t mind it though, it had saved her from all the post breakup chats with her friends and she was just glad that they weren’t bringing it up in front of her. She knew she couldn’t be completely honest with them and lying was the only thing she didn’t want to do to her friends.

She put the glass in the sink and walked to her room with her head hung low. As soon as the door was closed behind her, she dropped the indifferent façade and dragged herself to the bed.

It’s been 2 weeks and it hasn’t been exactly easy for anyone. But then again, nobody knew what she was going through as she only let her emotions show when she was in the safety and privacy of her room, where no one would disturb her.

As for her friends, no matter how much they tried to stay neutral, she could see the judgmental looks Hakyeon would give her every time they were in the same room. She could recognize the unanswered questions in their eyes and she knew they all blamed her for everything that had gone south, even Hana who wasn’t a big fan of Taekwoon. They never confronted her about it, but she knew them too well.

Yet she decided to turn a blind eye on all of it.

The loud moans of a woman behind the wall of her bedroom tore the train of her thoughts and brought her back to the reality, in a few seconds the banging of the headboard hitting the wall would start and it would continue for at least half an hour.

This had become a part of her routine for the night, aside from the nightmares and the unstoppable tears. Every night she would have to listen to the moans coming from his bedroom which shared the same wall as her. She knew that she could put her ear buds on but she didn’t want to. She knew that the show was meant to have an audience and it was her. She had accepted the punishment he had prepared for her. She knew she deserved it.

“Sunhui ah! It’s almost 6 Hana’s voice made her stir awake and she sat on her bed with a throbbing headache, feeling groggy and exhausted.

“Sunhi ah!Are you awake?” Hana called again and opened the door slightly, peeking inside the dark room.

“I am now. “ Hana hesitated for a second before letting herself in the room. She sat on the edge of the bed staring at her friend.

“You look like hell Kang Sunhui .You need to get out of this room. You need to get out of the house.Have you looked at yourself in a mirror?”

Sunhui closed her eyes rubbing her temples, “I need to have my coffee before I can have this conversation.” Hana rolled her eyes but got up anyway to make coffee. She was determined to get her friend to go out today and Sunhui knew that. She sighed audibly as soon as her roommate left.

This was going to be a long day.

                                                                                     ***

“This is going to be a long day.” Was his first thought when he opened his eyes. The room was still dark and the woman was still asleep beside him.

He rubbed his eyes and got up to take a shower to get rid of the unfamiliar scent of the girl’s perfume clinging on his body.

When he entered the kitchen Hakyeon was already up, making breakfast. He passed him mumbling a barely audible “Morning”, choosing to ignore the raised eyebrows and the judgmental look.

He poured himself some coffee and dropped himself on the closest chair.

“So how much more until you’re done screwing every female in the 10 miles radius?” oh he had been waiting for the leader to snap for the past few weeks.He knew that he was risking so much by bringing people in the apartment and he knew that all of them were pissed especially Hakyeon. In fact he was kind of impressed that he had managed to keep quiet about the issue until now.

“You’re not 18 anymore Jung Taekwo-“

“I have to finish my coffee before I can have this conversation at 6 in the morning.” He cut off his friend, picking his mug to take a sip.

Hakyeon gave him a strange look before shaking his head from side to side.

“Whatever. Just get over yourself before this gets out of hand.” Hakyeon said while pushing his chair to stand up. A few seconds later he heard the door closing with a soft click.

He was alone again.

Suddenly he found the urge to get out of the house. He felt like he was suffocating within its walls.

He sneaked into the room quietly to take his jacket, not even bothering to wake the girl up. He knew where he should go and he only prayed that she would be awake at such early hour.

 

 

A/N: Hello again and sorry for the long wait. I had to give this chapter so much thought thou I still don't think it's up to much. I guess I had mentioned it before that I'm not in a good place right now so I'm truly sorry if this is not what you expected. I have already started writing the next chapters and I will post them as soon as I have the time.

Hope you give this fanfic lots of love.

Thank you.