In Henry's Eyes: Ignorance Is Bliss

In Henry's Eyes: Ignorance Is Bliss

 

Many people say that ignorance is bliss.  In most cases, I would tend to disagree with that.  Not all.  Most.

Don't you ever feel like some things are better left unsaid and unknown?  Do you ever realize that, possibly, you could be so much happier if you were just a little more ignorant of certain things?

I do.  I get those feelings every day.

There are some things in this world that you wish you could just forget; wish you could erase from your memory.

How do you think it feels to be hated by people I don't even know?  It's not a good feeling...trust me.

Being in Super Junior is presently my greatest accomplishment in life.  I haven't llived many years in comparison to some, but I think I've experienced enough to know that some things have to be cherished and shouldn't be taken for granted.  

There are many things people cherish- family, friends, loved ones...

Well, to me, Super Junior is my family; they are my friends; I love them all.

Naturally, I should be hated for being part of a group I love, right?  I've been so blessed with this chance, this opportunity to pursue what I love and follow my dreams.  How can I truly follow those dreams if they are being stepped on by those out there that are unable to accept me for who I am and where I come from?

Are we really any different from each other?  Discrimination and hate is irrational and unnecessary.

Leaving my family and friends was probably the hardest decision I ever made.  Imagine, just for a moment, having to choose between the unknown, which you've strived for years to reach, and the wonderful life you already have - the life where you feel comfortable and loved.

Out here in the unknown, in the place I myself chose to be, I honestly miss the feeling of acceptance.  I'm lonely enough as it is without my family.  I am on a completely different continent than my family and friends most of the time.  Is it really necessary to hate me simply because I decided to follows my dreams and reach for the stars?

Doing what I love is most important to me.  However, the way people view me is very high on that list.  Is it fair to be hated for being from another country?  Isn't it just irrational, biased thought that makes people detest me so much?

In truth, it hurts.  And in most cases, the truth does sting.

Knowing that the fans I look to for support are merely the antis really stings.

It hurts to be hated, yet it hurts worse to know that I am hated.

Through everything, my family, biological and musical, have stuck by my side.  Is it so hard to do the same?  Being surrounded by the people I love is probably the best feeling in the world.

I would give anything for you to become one of those people.

Is that asking so much?

Think about it...