Beer & Beef

Beer & Beef

We are connected, but we have never realize, I used to comfort you and unconsciously you always amuse me

Since the beginning, our red thread has been intertwined

Too cliche, but we are destined for each other

As usual, Saturday nights were always more crowded than the other nights. Every restaurant, up to those food stalls in the streets, they would be packed by visitors, both who were just walking by, and those who actually wanted to get some food from those places. One of the most crowded place in Seoul was a barbeque restaurant which surely served meat and beer. It was very popular because this place was very suitable to hang out with friends, family, or even colleague. And its attractive point was that the food was very delicious considered it was just a small diner.

Beer & Beef, that was its name.

Tonight, in a corner somewhere inside the place, there was a couple of young man and young woman who were having their time, chatting while enjoying their food. Some beer bottles were emptied already and laying around in the corner of the table.

“So, what is the reason this time? Why did he break up with you?” the young man asked the young lady who was just gulping down her beer. The pale-skinned man kept his mouth busy too by chomping the meat that was just barely burnt right in his mouth while he waited for her answer.

“Yoongi-ah, do guys always prefer girls with long hair?” her reply was not answering his question.

“Mwo?” another meat landed on Yoongi’s teeth as he responded.

“He said that girl with short hair like me is not attractive…” the girl purposely flicked her hair to him. Her voice was hoarse because she’s been drinking too much.

The man whose name was Min Yoongi was laughing his heart out when he heard the girl’s words. “What the ! Hwang Soobin-ssi, I’ve just heard it now that a guy breaks up with his girl just because the length of her hair. Are you sure that’s the reason?” Yoongi asked, still laughing, with a piece of meat in his mouth.

“Issh… What are you laughing at…” the girl growled while chomping the rest of the meat.

They had been friends for more than two years from the blind date that was arranged by their friends. They felt a click as chatting buddies more than lovers, that’s why they were able to get closer than their other friends. Moreover, they both were fans of Japanese animations, or anime. Starting from that blind date, their friendship was blooming.

Min Yoongi was a basketball player in a professional club in Seoul. His height might be shorter than average for man his age, but it was not an obstacle to make him a wonderful Center Forward.

While Hwang Soobin was a florist and her shop was pretty famous in the shopping complex where Beer & Beef was located too. The cute girl with round face and short hair often deceive people with her innocent look. Those who hadn’t known her before, always thought that she was a lenient feminine girl, especially because her profession was a florist. While in fact, she was a tomboy and ignorant girl. That ignorance was the main reason why some guys left her eventually after knowing her true characteristics.

However, this very ignorance was the thing that attracted Yoongi to her. A Min Yoongi was famous among his friends as someone who liked to speak frankly. His bluntness often made his counterpart felt offended. Yet actually, Yoongi was a caring person and never hesitated to help those whom he loved.

Just like their habit since two years ago, every time Soobin had a problem with her love life, she did not hesitate, even felt more like forcing Yoongi to meet her, just to express all her feelings. While in fact, Yoongi himself had no enough experience regarding love. Some of his relationship was failing because he could not filter his words and his girlfriends chose to leave him.

To Soobin, Yoongi’s bluntness while giving advice or scolding her actually made her felt calm somehow. And it help her to clear her mind to find new love.

“Min Yoongi! Tonight you have to accompany me to the noraebang, okay! And please don’t sing that compulsory song of yours. Oh yes.. You have to sing a ballad song for me. Please.. sing some Homme song… okay… okay?” Soobin suddenly pleaded with incoherent words.

“Ya.. Soobin-ssi.. you , don’t you remember two months ago you take me to noraebang after heavy drinking like this, and in the end we were kicked out the place because you were screaming and shouting like a madman, and you even puked on the sofa. Aish… you damn girl.. Don’t you dare embarrass me like that,” Yoongi said with apparent annoyance.

The girl just chuckled in response, remembering the incident that embarrassed them in front of numerous people who were passing around the venue.

“Mianhae…” Soobin replied while nodding her head several times, but in the end she swung her head to strong that her temple eventually slammed the table pretty roughly that she made some noise which attracted the other visitors to look at them.

“… You are so careless, Soobin-ssi. Are you becoming an idiot because you often get dumped by men?” again, unfiltered words were springing from Yoongi’s mouth.

While rubbing her temple, Soobin grabbed another bottle and gulped the rest of the beer without leaving any. Luckily, it was the last filled bottle in the table.

“If we can’t go to noraebang, what if you come to my house? I’ve bought new anime, we can watch it. It is more fun to watch it together than watching alone,” she asked while rising one of her eyebrows. “How?”

Yoongi heaved a long sigh. All these two years, he was already familiar with Soobin’s drunk behavior. Therefore, he knew it was impossible to leave her alone in this state. “Dammit… I can’t let you go home on your own like this. Kajja…” he urged.

And they walked out of the restaurant to Soobin’s house.

###

It was not the first time Yoongi came to the flower shop that belonged to Soobin’s family. Almost every time after the met up for drinks, the man always took Soobin up to her room in the second floor. After her mother’s passing five years ago, Soobin continued her family business, and she became the sole owner of the famous flower shop.

“Damn you foolish … Are you so lonely that every time there is a guy who comes approaching you, you open your heart for him instantly? Without finding more about him, who is he, where he comes from, his status..” Yoongi murmured, now holding Soobin on his back, as he climbed the stairs to Soobin’s room.

On the way home earlier, suddenly the girl fell on the street because she was too drunk. Fortunately, only a few hundred meters left to reach Soobin’s house.

Because of his frequent visits, the man had clearly remembered where her keys were. And after successfully entering, he put Soobin in the sofabed in the middle of the room.

She looked at the girl carefully.

The man who just broke up with her said that her short hair was not attractive? Surely, the man has a problem with his sight. In fact, her shoulder-length hair emphasized her cute round face. Yoongi thought in his heart.

Every time this incident recurred, and this had been more than five times since he started to get close to Soobin, there was something stuck in his mind. In fact, he was eager to cast his fist to those men who had the heart to hurt his friend.

Yes ... his friend. That’s what they are. But, was that right???

Not just once or twice Yoongi had the urge to embrace Soobin’s fragile body, when she cried while she’s telling about her love affair. In this past year, this was Soobin’s third heartbreak. And that’s how his feelings became uncertain when listening to her outburst at their favorite BBQ restaurant, Beer & Beef.

Bloomed in a garden of loneliness
A flower that resembles you
I wanted to give it to you
After I take off this foolish mask

“Goddammit.. What do I feel for this weird girl?” Yoongi questioned himself.

Why did he call Soobin weird? Because this was the first time he found a female species like Soobin. Her face was sweet, and her appearance was delicate, even her words were polite. But you will only understand her ‘weird’ title after an hour of nonstop-chat with her. Beyond her professionalism as a florist, her personality was so complex.

She would not be able to stop talking until she uttered everything she wanted to say, especially when it was about her favorite anime or manga. Do not expect to change the topic if she felt it was not enough yet. That’s why people around her avoid talking about her favorite things. Just ask her what kind of man she liked, and for an hour you would hear everything about the typical dream man she had wished for.

This thing happened to Yoongi since the first time they met on the blind date. They both happened to be invited only to fulfill the required number of people who came.

It was then that Yoongi knew about Soobin’s personality. Not liking the inconvenience, Yoongi instantly hurled strong words and curses to make her stop talking. Yet surprisingly, Soobin did stop talking and she was silenced with his attitude.

At first Yoongi thought that Soobin was just like any other girl who would get upset and angry, then left him when his true personality came out. He had been waiting for it when he saw Soobin fell silent. But it did not happen. Instead, Soobin chuckled and apologized to Yoongi for being out of control when talking. Apparently, all this time, Soobin thought that his opponent’s silence meant that they understood and let her continue to talk. While they all chose to keep quiet because sometimes they did not understand any words she was saying.

Feeling that Soobin was different from other girls he knows, they ended up exchanging phone numbers and getting close, especially after knowing that they both liked to eat meat while drinking. Moreover, the place that they often go to was the same place, Beer & Beef. Yet surprisingly, they had never met before and just knew of each other’s existence during the blind date.

“Hey, Yoongi-ah…”

While struggling with his own feelings, Yoongi was struck by a voice from the girl who was still lying in front of him. Soobin’s voice was hoarse from drunkenness.

“Why can’t they all be like you, Yoongi-ah?” said the girl who had opened her eyes and looked at Yoongi with a meaningful look.

“HAH?” The man was surprised to hear what his friend had just said.

Soobin who was still lying down tried to sit up leaning on the armrest of her sofa bed, facing straight to Yoongi. “You’re very understanding and accepting me like this, I know for sure you have a lot of trouble having a friend like me, right? Hehehe...”

Seeing the genuine laughter on the face that was just crying before made Yoongi’s felt something stirring in his heart. And he finally realized, about something that had been troubling his mind.

Despite her tough look, this girl was so fragile. After her mother’s death, she was so lonely that she ran away from reality and searched for everything she thought could fill the void of her life. Either by watching anime, reading manga, joining various communities, even the most extreme one was accepting all the men who were interested in her. She was so innocent and let them go in to fill her empty heart. She felt it was the best choice. Without realizing it, she constantly searched for men as a painkiller, when all she actually needed was someone who could relieve her pain.

Are you that person Yoongi? Asked the man to himself.

... Wake up you son of a . He scolded then.

Although he was now aware of his feelings for Soobin, it should not happen again. I will not let that same thing happen again. No. Never. Ever. He promised himself.

You know that I can’t
Show you ME, Give you ME
I can’t show you a run-down part of myself
I wear a mask again and go to see you
But I still want you

“Of course I’m the only one who can stand a strange and idiot girl like you, and the men who have left you are just a bunch of animals that moves without a brain. They only interested in your pretty looks, and just want to pounce you instantly,” Yoongi exclaimed, deliberately hiding his true intention in his heart.

“Anyway, why do you never listen to my advice, huh? Every time a man asked you out on a date, without thinking straight, you just accepted it, and the next day you’d be looking for me because of a broken heart.”

“What do you think I am? How many times had this happen? But you never learn from your own experience! Find out who and where the man came from first, then you can decide to accept him or not…”

Yoongi kept talking, unaware that the girl had fallen asleep again. Once he realized it, he could only curse and hold his own resentment. If the one person before him was someone else, a blow or a slap would have landed on the person’s head. But since it was Soobin, he could just ruffled her hair furiously.

“What would have happened if I had not taken you home… Damn it, ... Take good care of yourself,” unwittingly, a soft kiss landed on Soobin’s forehead.

You motherer! What did you do just now? This way, you are not much different from those animals that was chasing after her!

The war was happening again in the heart of the handsome man with slanted eyes. “It must be stopped. Now,” he said silently.

He finally stepped out of the room, having previously covered a blanket over Soobin whose consciousness had been carried away to the realm of dreams.

###

When Min Yoongi arrived at his home, on a comfortable bed, he looked up at the ceiling of his room, but it turned out that he was looking far into his past memories.

About ten years ago, when he was a high school student, Yoongi had a relationship with his senior. At that time, his outspoken and rude behavior was in his golden age. He never braked or re-thought the words he used. What was on his mind at that moment, it would come out of his mouth unfiltered, regardless of who the other person was and the atmosphere at that time.

By then, it had been half a year since they were dating. Despite Yoongi’s rigid and blunt nature, it did not matter to Kyungmin, that’s how the girl was usually called. She liked Yoongi’s nature, which was not reluctant to help people, despite his rude and sadistic words.

Their relationship was fine until one event changed everything. Yoongi was so angry when he discovered a fact that had just been revealed, that he accidentally uttered the words that made him regret it to this day.

As they were having a verbal fight, Kyungmin begged Yoongi to stay with her. But in fact, Yoongi wanted to go quickly to control his emotions after the quarrel. Instead of stating the real reason to Kyungmin, the boy uttered a curse which the shaken girl unwittingly swallowed every word by word.

“Yoongi-ah, where are you going?”

“It’s not your business, Noona. Go. Leave me alone!”

“Where do I have to go now? You’re the only one I have…”

“You know? You can go after him to the hell!”

“Please forgive me, Yoongi. I really did not know that Namjoon was your cousin. I did not even mean to hide it from you. Moreover, our relationship had long ended before I met you.”

“Just go away from my life, Noona. Don’t ever show me your face again. I am sick of liars like you. We are done! Go to hell with him!”

The boy left Kyungmin who were still crying just like that. Yoongi did not stop cursing as he walked away from her. He cursed himself for easily falling and trusting every word which was said by the girl that he had begun to truly cared about.

Yesterday his cousin Kim Namjoon died in an accident. At the funeral, he accidentally met his girlfriend. And he saw that Kyungmin was very familiar with his aunt, the mother of Namjoon. And from Kim Seokjin, his other cousin, he knew that Kyungmin was a Namjoon’s ex-girlfriend. And even though they had broken up, they were still friends.

Namjoon’s accident also occurred after he took Kyungmin back to her home. And this was what made Yoongi angry. Because at that time Kyungmin lied to him by saying that she was with her family, when in fact she was with Namjoon, nobody knew where.

Few days later, he got the news that Kyungmin had committed suicide. Her family found her in a bathtub that was already covered with blood, because the veins on both of her wrists were cut off. Her family tried to save her immediately by taking her to the hospital, but unfortunately, it was too late because the blood loss was too much.

Knowing what really happened to Kyungmin, Yoongi blamed himself. Because of him, the girl desperately ended her life. Just because of his blunt words at that time.

He had mistaken Kyungmin for deceiving him. From Seokjin, Yoongi finally found out that that night Namjoon went to accompany Kyungmin to buy gifts for her lover, which was surely Yoongi because he would celebrate his birthday in the next few days. Since parting with Namjoon, Kyungmin still maintained a good relation with the tall man. She even thought of him as her own brother, because they were both more suitable to be friends than lovers.

Yoongi did not think that Kyungmin took his words seriously. Therefore, since the incident, he rather shut himself up from the opposite . He would respond to them only if necessary, because he knew they would not endure with his harsh attitude and sharp mouth.

Yet this time, with Soobin, he really felt different things. Although they did not have a relationship as lovers, two years was enough to confirm his special feelings for Soobin, especially after continuously hearing Soobin’s outburst about her ex-lovers.

Could he protect Soobin? Being the guardian of her heart. Protecting her. But he was afraid that the things happen to Kyungmin would happen again. Even less, Soobin absolutely had no one in this world. It might be better if this relationship did not go any further. By just staying friends with her like all this time, Yoongi sure he could protect her, and always be there right by her side.

But, was it possible?

###

It was the first time Yoongi had visited this place since the day Kyungmin was cremated. He could not bear to come. In fact, if he was not troubled with his feelings for Soobin, he was reluctant to come. It’s not because he did not want to, but he was scared and ashamed, because he was the cause of Kyungmin’s suicide. And no one knew that.

The grave where Kyungmin’s ash kept was right next to Namjoon’s, his cousin, because it was her wish that she had stated in the will she left behind. She claimed that she felt guilty over the death of Namjoon. Yoongi knew that it’s not the true reason, because he blamed himself as the main cause of the girl’s death.

“Kyungmin noona, I’m coming ... How are you doing? Are you happy with Namjoon over there?”

“I think I have received my karma for your death, noona… ... after you, I could not open my heart to another girl… But this girl is different, noona…”

“She can tolerate these characteristics of mine, just like you, and she even accepts all my harsh words that always cornered her, and I do not know since when she became a special person in my life…”

“Can I take care of her? Or I’ll just hurt her like I did you, noona?”

Yoongi looked at Kyungmin’s photograph behind the glass. And for a moment his gaze was fixed on a little picture in the corner of the place. As he came closer, and watched it more carefully, he found something he’d never imagine.

“Holy ... Damn ... it can’t be ...”

He was surprised when he was sure about the person in that photo. He quickly fished out his phone and took a picture with the camera. Then he immediately dialed the number he was looking for.

“Yoboseo ... Hey, where are you? Can we meet in the usual place? Of course now! Just close your shop and get out of there right now !!!”

###

“Yoongi-ah, it’s unusual for you to call me first…” Soobin greeted Yoongi as he approached her in one corner of Beer and Beef’s restaurant.

Yoongi who had just arrived, immediately sat down and handed his cell phone to Soobin. “Explain to me what this means, Soobin-shi !!!” Yoongi’s tone had begun to change but he kept it flat and low. To disguise his mood, he drank a glass of soju that was already served in front of him.

Soobin was confused, but she did as he asked and paid attention to the phone.

“Omo ... you ... already know?”

Yoongi’s eyes glared dangerously at Soobin.

“Damn it ... Explain to me right now what this means? You know for sure that I really hate people who lie to me, don’t you?”

Soobin casually responded to Yoongi’s anger and returned the man’s phone.

“I never meant to lie to you, Yoongi-ah,” Soobin clarified.

“Then? Why do you never say anything that you are related to Kyungmin noona?” Yoongi was impatient.

Soobin still calmly replied, “Because we never talked about it. All we ever did was talking about the men who left me. I did hope that you will bring Kyungmin unnie up, but you never did.”

“Aish ... who are you really? What is your plan by coming closer to me? ... ... Damn it ...” Yoongi cursed more to himself because he felt that he was foolishly deceived. But he needed an answer to his questions just now. Therefore, he then chose to keep silent and stopped cursing.

“Kyungmin unnie is my distant relative, but she is one of the closest sisters to me, even when she broke up with Namjoon and finally met you, I know everything. Until the day before she died, we were still contacting each other by phone.”

“She told me about your fight, and asked me to meet you, to try to explain the truth, and at the time, I was totally unaware of her intention to end her own life.”

“Don’t you know? She cared so much about you, Yoongi-ah, but she could not deny that she felt so guilty to Namjoon. If only that night she did not force Namjoon to accompany her to find a gift for you, the accident would never happen. Namjoon had refused because he felt something bad, but finally he granted Kyungmin’s request because they love each other as brother and sister.”

Tears had started to flood Soobin’s eyes.

“And the fact that Namjoon was your cousin, she knew it only when she met you at the funeral. She did not mean to lie to you by hiding everything. She was just hiding the fact that she went with Namjoon because she was buying you a present. That present is with me now. She sent it to me before her death.”

Glasses of soju were repeatedly refilled when Soobin explained everything. Yoongi remained silent while listening. In his heart, he never thought that someone from his past would come and made him recalled the bitter memories.

“You can pick it up at my house, Yoongi-ah.” Soobin ended her explanation.

“So you’ve been plotting this all this time? Are you trying to avenge noona’s death to me?” Yoongi’s face stiffened.

Soobin laughed.

“I did know about you since long time ago, but have never seen you in person before, neither in portraits, and our encounter on that blind date was purely coincidental. That first time we met, I did not even remember about you.”

“After a couple of times we met and got along, I finally remembered about you, the guy whom Kyungmin unnie had been telling me. Your ignorant attitude, your harsh words… but your attentive and caring nature was surely the thing that made Kyungmin unnie felt comfortable with you.”

“Damn ...” Yoongi can only swear while hearing Soobin’s explanation just then. He did not even understand what he was feeling now. “Don’t you hold any grudge on me for Kyungmin noona’s death? You must know she ended his life after a fight with me.” A glass of soju was already in Yoongi’s hand and it was gulped down his throat.

Before answering Yoongi’s question, Soobin drank a glass of soju that Yoongi had just poured for her. “Of course not… why should I hold a grudge against you? It’s her destiny, isn’t it? You also need to stop hating yourself, Yoongi-ah. We all know that Kyungmin unnie’s death was not your fault.”

Yoongi cursed again. “... do you know that?”

“Of course ... I bet you never visit her grave since the day of her death, don’t you?”

“How do you know?”

“Instinct ...” Soobin chuckled. “Kyungmin unnie loved you so much, Yoongi-ah. Don’t hurt her by hating yourself like that. She will not like it. It’s her decision. “

“I know my words at that time must have a big influence with that decision. If I had not pushed her that way, she would not have ... “ The man could not continue. Instead, he took another sip of soju in his hand.

“Stop saying that, Yoongi ... Do not hurt yourself. We all know that whatever we do will not get them back. All we can do now is treasuring them in our memories. “

For a moment, they both fell silent and just enjoyed the food that had just been served for them.

“If she cared about me, that stupid girl would not end her life like that. Just cursed me back... scold me who did not know the truth behind the incident. Why did she do such a thing? Leaving us like this…”And the man continued to nibble on his own while occasionally spilling obscure words.

Unusually, a Min Yoongi had raved before Soobin. Things like this rarely happen when they were together. Probably this time Yoongi had had more drinks than meat. And also, his mind was in frantic mode because of the remembrance of his past.

“Ya, Min Yoongi??? Are you drunk ??? Aish ... I never thought you could get drunk like this too…” Soobin exclaimed, and began to pat the man’s arm but he had fallen limply on the table.

###

The next day, Yoongi awakened in a familiar place, but it was not his house. He woke up with the scent of soup hitting his nostrils. He vaguely recalled what happened the night before. His memory flew back at Soobin who was talking about Kyungmin in Beer & Beef.

“Are you awake?” Soobin greeted, walking towards Yoongi who was still sitting on the sofa. “I made you Haejangguk ... It was rare to see you drunk like last night, Yoongi-ah. Have you calmed down now?” She asked as she took off the apron she was wearing and walked toward her own bedroom.

Yoongi who was still a little confused about how he ended up in Soobin’s living room could only do as the girl said. The hot soup made his mind clear and lessened his confusion. Not long after, Soobin came back with a ribbon-bound parcel box in her hands.

“I’m sorry. It has been here with me for years, but I did not give it to you. I think this is it. Happy birthday, Min Yoongi. Open up, there must be memorable things inside that Kyungmin unnie keep for you. I’ve never opened it since it was sent to me. So I do not know what it is.” The girl was about to move from her seat but Yoongi intentionally held her down.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

Soobin smiles weakly, “This is your memory, I’d better be going.”

“Stay here, stay with me.” Yoongi pleaded.

Slowly, he tore the red box wrapper in his hand. After he got rid of it, he opened the box. Inside, he found some of his favorite miniature anime characters, Slam Dunk.

“Damn… this gift is completely outdated.” Yoongi said while laughing.

Soobin knew that the laughter she had just listened to was a fake. Yoongi was hiding his true feelings.

“Because of these… you have to lose your life, Namjoonie?” He said more to himself towards the gift in his hand. “Because of this outdated gift… you’re also leaving the world, Kyungmin noona?” He added.

“Hey… you just have to say thank you, you damn tsundere ...” Soobin retorted while her eyes were already teary.

“Shut up, you idiot.” Yoongi’s replied instantly, and it looked like he had came back to his true nature.

“YA!!! Who got drunk last night and made me spend more money to hire a driver to drive you here, huh? You did not even give your share of the money when paying in Beer & Beef. Maybe I’d better left you there. Or let you sleep on the street last night.” Soobin pretended to be annoyed at what Yoongi had said.

“Gomawo ...” the man interrupted while casually drinking his soup again, having previously laid back in the sofa his birthday gift that was delayed for several years.

Soobin smiled as she heard Yoongi’s words just now, “You’re a good man Yoongi-ah. As long as we’re friends, even if you’re seem not to care, but I know you are paying attention to every details. Therefore, please forgive yourself and forget about this problem. Step forward and get a new girlfriend… like I do. “

And when he listened to Soobin’s last words, he unknowingly did things he had never imagined before.

Yoongi approached Soobin who was on the other side of the table. He grabbed Soobin’s head. And a gentle kiss was landed on her lips by the handsome, pale-skinned man with the slanted eyes.

“Okay then, if that’s your request.” Yoongi exclaimed flatly.

Soobin who received the sudden treatment could only be stunned while holding her lips, which was not too wet, but still felt moist due to the sweep of Yoongi’s lips.

“You… just now ... what ... why...”

“Arrgh... never mind ... be quiet ...” Yoongi replied, feeling embarrassed.


“But ... why did you kiss me?”

“Do not ask me, I do not understand, that’s why I came to Kyungmin noona’s grave, I want to ask her permission.”

“Meaning?”

“I asked her if she will allow me to have a new relationship with another girl after what I did to her, without knowing the truth of your relation. I wanted to be with you, but I was afraid that the same thing would happen to you. I can’t lost someone I love. Again…”

Soobin was surprised. She never imagined Yoongi could gently express his feelings like this. No curse or insult at all. This other side of him was really sweet.

“Stop looking for a man who will only hurt you, stupid girl. From now on, just rely on me.”

Soobin who was surprised to hear Yoongi’s words could not say anything. But at last she smiled and nodded.

“Don’t worry Yoongi-ah, from the beginning I just wanted to have the adventures of love with various men, while looking for someone who is really fated for me, and I felt it all in you, I’m sure Kyungmin unnie will understand.”

“You promise not to do what Kyungmin-noona did after hearing my words?”

“Hahaha ... you know it better, Yoongi-ah, I’m pretty immune for that, unlike Kyungmin unnie whose feelings were too tender. Be ready to lash out the most rude curses and insults for me, and I will not budge an inch.”

“Damn you, !”

Although he acted harshly, yet again, Yoongi kissed Soobin. This time was even more than just a short kiss. And Soobin replied the kiss not too long after.

“How about we go to Kyungmin unnie’s grave together today?” Soobin asked cheerfully.

“No. I’m sleepy, let’s go next time.” Yoongi replied casually, then laid himself back onto the sofabed and covered his whole body with a blanket.

“YA!!! Min Yoongi !!!” Soobin shouted annoyance, but she was happy because their days as lovers would begin from then on.

THE END