Uno

Bloody Mountain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heavy breathe filled the place. It was all that she heard. She scanned the place cautiously afraid that the unknown enemy would try to attack her. She did not sign up for this in the first place. She remembered she was only dragged by her friend to join their hiking. 

“Come on, Jess it will be a good experience. Trust me it will help you forget all your problems at work and at home. You need to have a break sometimes tho,” her friend Tiffany persuades her for the umpteenth time of the day. 

“You really won’t stop, no?” Jessica sighed in defeat. She finally nodded her head as an indirect suggestion of her consent to her friend’s invitation. 

Later that day, Jessica found herself in a place with people she is not familiar with. She inwardly cursed when she couldn’t see even a shadow of her friend. 

“Damn! Where is that pink monster?” she mumbled to herself. 

“Jessi! Over here!” she turned around to see the person she definitely recognized. Only Tiffany could have that kind of voice. The latter was waving her hand and Jessica stride towards her. 

“Jessi meet my friend, Taeyeon,” Tiffany happily introduced her companion. 

“Hi, nice to meet you,” Taeyeon offered her hand for a handshake while showing her smile with her dimples visible to Jessica. 

“Ah, yeah… me too,” Jessica gladly accepted the offer of a handshake. She immediately pulled away her hands when Taeyeon eyed her as though she was stripping her. 

“Are we still waiting for someone?” Tiffany asked as she was oblivious of the tension. Taeyeon was quick to compose herself. 

“Yeah, we have to wait for Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and of course our guide for this hiking,” Taeyeon answered while scanning also the place for any signs of her friends. 

A minute after, a tall woman who is wearing thick clothing with backpack approach the three. She bowed to the three who did the same. 

“I am to inform you that Seohyun and the others are waiting for you at the entrance going to the mountain,” she politely said eyeing the three. 

“You must be the guide for our hiking, Seohyun’s cousin, right?” Taeyeon asked since she’s the only one who knew about the plan for their hiking. 

Jessica was oblivious about the matter so she just listened to the conversation together with Tiffany. Jessica was eyeing the tall woman. The way she opened to speak and her politeness is definitely a plus factor.  

“That’s right, I’m Yoona. We should go now,” Yoona smiled before ushering the three to follow her. She looked back and saw the other girl struggling with her things. She walked back and carried her things. 

“Thanks,” was Jessica could only utter. She coped up with Yoona’s pace and the two walk together. 

Taeyeon was eyeing the two especially Jessica. Tiffany would strike a conversation and Taeyeon will try to entertain her. 


Jessica felt that someone is behind her. She cautiously picked up the piece of wood on the ground and was about to hit the person if that person did not stop her wrist. 

“Sssh… It’s me, it’s Yoona,” Yoona covered Jessica’s mouth before she could scream and the unknown enemy can sense where they are hiding. Jessica gestured Yoona to release her hold on which the latter complied. 

“What is actually happening?” Jessica asked through her lowered voice. She looked around the place and see it was already quiet. She was trembling not just because of fear but also because of the coldness of the place. 

“I really don’t know. I was looking for woods earlier to get something that could warm us but then when I returned there was chaos and you were not there so I look for you,” Yoona explained before she took some blanket from her backpack to give Jessica warmth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter