Chapter 3

I can't

Jaebum groaned while Youngjae took out tissues for Jinyoung, “Dude what the hell? How the did you get a nosebleed?” Jaebum cringed

Jinyoung obviously couldn’t tell his friends that his nosebleed was caused by thinking about Mark pole dancing, “Uh stress?” He nasally said as he held the tissue to his nose.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow, “Are you asking me or telling me?”

Jinyoung shrugged, “I don’t know how it happened, it just did”

“Ahuh if I didn’t know you any better I would say that you were thinking y thoughts about Mark-hyung since you keep staring at him” Jaebum snorted

Jinyoung heart stopped for a moment before he laughed it off, “Jaebum-hyung you know I’m not that kind of person”

“Uh yes he does and so do I; I mean, you’re delusional since you actually thought bullying someone would make them like you and you get really crazy and possessive anytime someone touches Mark. You give them this evil look like you’re gonna kill them” Youngjae revealed while sipping his juice.

Jinyoung mouth dropped a little, wondering how long the couple have been intensely watching him, “W-Well one day he will be my boyfriend and it will be wrong for them to get used to touching him.” He said as he switched out his tissues for cleaner one.

Youngjae and Jaebum raised their eyebrow, “Jinyoungie just how much blood did you lose?” Jaebum chuckled

“Shut up” Jinyoung frowned “I’m going to do what you said Youngjae and start being nice to Mark-hyung and then he’ll see the real me and like me and then we’ll be together” he smiled thinking about them together.

“Hyung even if you do start being nice to Mark-hyung he won’t automatically forgive you” Youngjae said worriedly actually wondering on how much blood he lost’’

“Of course he will, just wait and see-”

“See you crash and burn” Jaebum snorted and Youngjae laughed loudly. At that moment Jinyoung wondered if he could trade his friends for better people.

~~~~~~~

Mark couldn’t help but watched the scene as Jinyoung was trying to stop his nosebleed. He kinda used he could hear what they were saying but only Jinyoung was facing his direction and that they were speaking without thinking. The only thoughts they had were that Jinyoung was an delusional smart idiot and they seemed concerned that he might have lost a lot of blood. 

He was happy to see that he wasn’t the only one that thought but he was probably the only one to know how much of a ert he was. But of course you never know someone till you read their mind. Mark got up to throw out his trash and Jinyoung voice entered in his head, ‘Look at that fine piece of .’ He was staring and commenting on it earlier, was he that obsess over his ?

He patted Jackson on his back, “Dude I’m gonna head to the library” he whispered

“Why?” Jackson asked curiously while still eating his sandwich. He looked up at him and saw Mark giving him a look, realizing he wants to leave because of Jinyoung, “Oh okay, see you later” and Mark walked away.

“Hey where’s Mark-hyung headed?” BamBam wondered

“To the library to catch up on some notes.” Jackson lied, well partially, but it worked on them, although BamBam might think there’s more to it.

Mark stayed in the library till the bell rang and walked off to his next class. Thankfully Jinyoung wasn’t in all his classes so he could learn without having erted thoughts distract him. Sadly Jinyoung was in his last class; isn’t that perfect?

Similar to the morning class, he sat by the windows with just Jackson behind since BamBam wasn’t in this class. Jinyoung soon arrived with Youngjae and Jaebum and he sat next to Mark with the couple behind him. Mark hoped Jinyoung would at least be normal but he proven wrong.

‘Mark-hyung I missed you’ Jinyoung whined. They literally saw each other during lunch. How clingy was this man? The teacher started his lecture on unsafe and unplanned pregnancy. Mark tried to take down notes but Jinyoung was really making it hard for him, ‘Mmm raw with Mark-hyung be magical. We would be connected, united as one’ Uh Jinyoung was completely missing the point of this lecture. 

‘I would fill you up and get you pregnant and then we would get married. Where I can have you almost every night. No you fill me up and get me pregnant. Aww my tummy, round with Mark Tuan child would be so beautiful.’ Okay two things: Hell would freeze over before I let that happen! Two, we're guys and we can’t have kids! 

‘Oh god, I just wanna rip of all your clothes and you right here in of everyone and have you scream my name.’ What the ? How did he escalate to that so quickly?. ‘Then they all would know you are mine, that you belong to me, that your body belongs to me.’ Wow this went from crazy to psycho-y to downright scary possessive. Maybe I should get a restraining order.

“Alright now, the assignment I will be giving out will be due in three weeks and you will have to pair up with another classmate.” The teacher announced and many cheers were heard, “The assignment is a parenting simulation.” The cheers immediately turned into groans and Mark could hear everyone thinking how much they don’t want to do this project.

“So basically you and you’re partners will be taking care of a baby together for a two weeks. The rest of time before the due date you will be finishing your assignment.” The teacher continued while he passed out the project guidelines. “Now along with taking care of the baby you have to make a baby book for your child along with pictures of the different activities with the child.”

“Wait!” Yoongi yelled raising his hand, “We have to take the fake baby out with us?!

“Yes, like I said, this is a parenting simulation meaning you will have treat the fake baby as if it was your real baby.” The teacher sighed and Yoongi groaned and dropped his head on the table. “You also have to write a 2-3 page paper answering the following questions on the packets and that you have to do separately since each parent would have a different view on their parental experience.” 

The teacher went around his desk and picked up a giant box and placed it on his desk, “Okay I made the partner arrangements-” The class groaned even louder, “And once I call your names come up and get your child and baby bag. Yook Sungjae and Park Joy, Choi Youngjae and Im Jaebum, Wang Jackson and Kim Namjoon, Ahn Hwasa and Lee Sungyeol, Min Yoongi and Park Jimin, Park Jinyoung and Mark Tuan…..” 

Mark froze, what the hell? Jinyoung got up to collected the baby and the bag before sitting back down and turning to Mark with a smile. What the hell?! Who the did he kill in his past life to deserve this type of punishment? Why was this happening? Why was he being paired up with the delusional psychotic erted bully?!

‘Thank you Lord for listening to my humble prayer’ Jinyoung thought, ‘I will happily sacrifice Yugyeom to you as per our deal’ Hold up, what kind of deal did you make and did you make it with God or the devil? Because last time I checked God never took a HUMAN sacrifice. I better warn Yugyeom to steer clear of him. 

‘Yah I’m so happy I could die!’ That would be n-. No comment. The teacher finished calling the names. “Alright now as for how to take of the baby: everything you need is inside the baby bags the only thing you might buy more of is the diapers. The babies will cry so as their parent you need to learn if they want to be fed, changed or held, if they’re satisfied they will coo.” The teacher explained. 

“Do not think you can just shove your baby somewhere and continue to live your life, the baby has a tracker, it measures and it reports on if your taking care of it well, if you mishandle it, surrounding temperatures. Meaning if you leave it in a hot car it will report that and also how long you have it in the car seat I will provide for you later. So if you treat your baby poorly you will get a poor grade on this assignment and I should tell you this assignment if worth 30% of your grade.” Many sighs, groaned and head dropping were heard throughout the classroom.

Namjoon raised his hand, “But what if an accident happens?” ‘If I’m being paired up with Jackson, an accident if definitely going to happen to the baby’

The teacher sighed, “Like I said you are treating this baby as if it’s your own so you should prevent accidents from happening especially if they was real they could possibly die. However you all are just kids so I will be lenient just as long as you email me about the incident as soon as it happens.” The class breathed a sigh of relief. “If that is all the questions, please sit next to your partner and start working together as parents.” Everyone in the room started to move to sit next to their partners.

Mark sighed and turned towards a still smiling Park freakin’ Jinyoung. “Alright Jinyoung, since we’re partners let’s call a truce. No fighting, no insults. Got it?” Mark stated 

Jinyoung smiled, “Of course, before we begin I wanted to apologize to you for treating you badly for the past couple of years. It was very wrong of me so with this project let’s turn over a new leaf and be civil with each other and maybe eventually friends.” 

Mark raised one eyebrow, was this guy for real or is this a game? ‘Wow he has to most beautiful brown eyes I’ve ever seen.’ Well that’s not helpful. “Alright Jinyoung, but if you go back to your old ways I-”

“My friends tell me I’m a very sarcastic person and I admit that some of the things I say come across as mean, so I can’t promise that your feelings won’t be hurt but I swear that I’m not doing intentionally to you so I apologize in advance.” Jinyoung replied

Mark blinked, what the hell was happening? Just this morning he was being rude and obnoxious and throughout the day he found out that Jinyoung was actually a delusional ert who seemed to have feelings for him or at least lusted for him. And now he’s apologizing for his actions? Did he step into an alternative universe?

“Okay so we should obviously take turns on certain days and also make time so we be together” Mark stated

Jinyoung smile widened, ‘He wants to hang together, alone.’ Only because the assignment says that. “What should we name her?” Jinyoung asked

“Her?” Mark asked confused

“Well it’s wearing pink clothes so I’m assuming that it’s a girl or we could look under her clothes to make sure” Jinyoung shrugged

“Would that part of the baby be anatomically correct?” Mark wondered and Jinyoung shrugged again. He opened the baby onesie and checked under the diaper.

“Yup it’s a girl; so what are we gonna name our daughter?” Jinyoung grinned. ‘AAAAAaaaa I said it, I said our daughter!!!!’ Mark winced at Jinyoung yelling.

“Um do you want her to have an English name or a Korean name?” Mark asked

“Either one would be nice” Jinyoung smiled dreamily

“Uh okay.” Mark said trying to think about a name and not Jinyoung apparently freaking out over a name, “How about Sun or Celeste or-?”

“Ooo Celeste sounds pretty” Jinyoung grinned. Mark was starting to get little scared at this, Jinyoung normally stared or glared at him. It was strange seeing him smile so much. ‘Celeste Park-Tuan daughter of Mark and Jinyoung Park-Tuan’

“Celeste Park-Tuan, huh?” Mark muttered

“What?” Jinyoung asked surprised

Crap, spoke what Jinyoung thought, “Uh you said that out loud” Mark lied effortlessly.

Jinyoung eyes widened and gasped, “I did?” And Mark nodded, “Oh I was just saying it for our baby book” Jinyoung lied as his ears turned pink. It was actually a cute sight to see. 

For the next 30 minutes they continued to talk about the project and began making a schedule as to who would be with the baby during which class and after school. It was going well until Jinyoung had a thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be better if we were together all the time so that way our baby would her father all day? I should come over Mark’s house and sleep him since we’re parents now and soon Mark will propose so we can be a family. Once we’re married Mark can take me on every flat surface of our shared house, staining the furniture with our sweet fluids, making it ours.’

Wow, just as I was thinking he was a pleasant person to talk to; he just had to ruin it with his psycho erted self. How can he look so innocent yet have the craziest erted thoughts?

The professor finally dismissed the class and everyone got up and collected their bags and babies, “So you wanna met in the library?” Jinyoung asked as he held Celeste in his arms and Mark nodded, “Alright then I’ll take her first and I’ll see you over there” he smiled before leaving with Jaebum and Youngjae.

Mark sighed while Jackson hit his back, “You do realize this is the universe trying to put you two together” he smiled

“Or someone idea of a sick joke” Mark scoffed

“Dude come on give the guy a chance. As you can see he can be very civil” Jackson sighed

“Yeah while thinking crazy thoughts about me” Mark whispered

“So what if he’s a psycho-ert, he’s still a good guy” Jackson smiled

Mark narrowed his eyes at Jackson, “Dude don’t make me throw your baby?”

Jackson dramatically gasped and clutched the baby tighter, “You would throw Lucas, your godson?”

Mark snorted, “You made me the godfather? Did you even ask Namjoon about this?”

“No but I’m the mommy and what I say goes. After all I gave birth to little Lucas.” Jackson smiled

“Wow I didn’t think it was possible but you could actually be more crazier than Jinyoung” Mark sighed shaking his head

“I’ll take that as a compliment since you like him” Jackson chuckled

Mark hit his arm, “I don’t like him, I’m just tolerant of him at the moment”

“Ahuh, talk to you later Mr. Park-Tuan” Jackson laughed as he walked away

Mark rolled his eyes till he remembered something, “Wait if you see Yugyeom tell him to avoid Jinyoung for a couple of days” Mark said and Jackson gave him a confused look, “I’ll tell you later, just warn him” he said and Jackson nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So you’re actually partners with Mark, the universe must trying to help you” Youngjae smirked

“Or that deal I made worked” Jinyoung muttered

“What?” Jaebum asked 

“Nothing” Jinyoung smiled while shaking his head but Jaebum looked at him warily.

“Anyways I see you two are working well together” Youngjae said moving the topic along.

“You two were listening?” Jinyoung asked surprised

“Uh yeah we had to make sure you would actually go according to the plan of being nice to Mark-hyung” Jaebum said as if it was normally thing to say.

Jinyoung snorted, “So I guess you heard me embarrassing myself as well” he muttered

“Well we didn’t hear you say it, we just thought Mark-hyung said it but it was kinda weird that you admitted to saying it at loud when you didn’t” Youngjae asked tilting his head.

“Well actually I said it but in my mind and when Mark-hyung said it, I thought he was thinking the same thing I was until he said I said it out loud” Jinyoung revealed

Jaebum and Youngjae gave Jinyoung a confused look, “That’s weird, I mean, it’s impossible for him to know that and he would be taking a risk by lying about it yet he sounded confident that you said it.” Jaebum frowned

Youngjae laughed as he hit Jaebum shoulder, “You sound so serious Jaebum-hyung, there’s no way Mark-hyung knew what Jinyoung-hyung was thinking.” 

Jaebum gave him a tight smile as he rubbed his arm, “You’re right, one of two things probably happened: he just took a chance with the lie or Jinyoungie actually said it but we missed it.”

Youngjae didn’t look convince, “I don’t know Jaebum-hyung I had a my full attention on them and not once did Jinyoung say that; he didn’t even muttered it.”

“So what Mark-hyung read my mind?” Jinyoung laughed but internally he nervous, if Mark ever read his mind he would die.

“Jinyoungie that’s ridiculous, besides does it even matter? I’m sure you were thinking worse things than that so be lucky that’s all that came out your mouth” Jaebum snorted. Jinyoung kept his mouth shut because he knew denying it would cause Jaebum to give him that stupid smug look. But Jaebum was right, it was ridiculous and 100% impossible.