The truth

My Happiness

The alley seems darker than usual...

Is this considered ordinary?

Maybe... Maybe not...

'Booom!' The sound of thunder roaring filled the darkened sky.

A storm is coming...

A slender girl looked up on the sky pondering

On days like this, she would rather sit back at home eating jokbal.

But not today!

And it's not like she can eat either...

But today is different...

Because today! She finally has a shot to find her missing maknae...

Her cute little eagle...

Her heartwarming tofu...

Her best friend...

She looked at her hand with a silver amulet, and prayed for the best...

The slender girl walks straight, passing the alley entering the police station.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Miss Hirai!" a man in his mid 50's walked up to the slim girl.

"Mr. Lee" Momo smiled at the guy, and gave him a hug.

Mr Lee Minseok is a family friend who works as a detective for the Hirai family for decades. She grew up with the said person, and she knows that she can trust this person with her life. She let go of the man before, looking down with a half grin which slowly turns to a worried look.

The man smiled and rubbed Momo's shoulder gently as an act of sympathy. Minseok wasn't used to seeing the girl sad. The Momo he knows was always a very jolly, straightforward, happy-go-lucky type of girl, who wouldn't care much about her surroundings. A girl who would rather walk around, than stay put. "She must really care soo much for this girl, if she would become this much of a mess" he thought to himself,before leading the girl to his office.

Momo tailed the guy till they both reached a room by the farthest corridor. Upon entering the door, there was a big office with lots of tables separated into cubicles. There was at least one computer on top of each desk, with lots of files stacking on each isle. The smell of paper, cheap air fresheners, and coffee filled the room. They walked even further at back till they reached to a section surrounded with glass. There was a long rectangular wooden table in the middle of the room―big enough to accommodate 12 people. Every corner had a potted plant, and a tv on one of the corners. She saw Mr. Lee sit at the farthest chair ―near the wall. She followed, and sat at the first chair beside the officer.

Silence filled the room for a while before the detective stood up, and grabbed a set of flies from a desk behind him. He laid the set of files open by the table in front of Momo. Her face showed a smile as she sees the girl in the picture. It was a girl with skin as white as tofu. She smiled at the sight before picking it up with one hand. She looked at the girl in the picture even closer. Sharp eyes―like a drop of water―that are perfectly shaped, a beaming smile that can warm anyone's heart, a sharp chin which complements the lips of ones smile. Kim Dahyun, the girl that one day went missing. Everyone is worried sick, and it has already been a week since her disappearance.

How she misses her adorable maknae, her energy just blasts over the roofs whenever she sees her little Dubu. Every moment spent with her was a lasting memory. Her time together with the girl is something she cherishes alot. She could still remember their time spent together in tours, how she always felt at home whenever she spent time with the younger one. There has never been a time when she didn't enjoy being together with Dahyun. From moments of happiness, to moments of silliness, even through her off times. The younger girl just knows how to comfort her, and she's more than sure that the other members will agree when she sais that 'Dahyun is their energy'―most especially given her charming demeanor.

She browsed the folders on the table once again, and to her surprise, she sees a photo of someone she hasn't seen for a while. She took it out and moved it in the open―a picture of her old friend. She looked at it closely, and sees a familiar face working as a waitress in a restaurant. "Sana..." she whispered under her breath. She ran her finger through the photo―there was no doubts―it was her old friend. Those puffy cheeks, those brown eyes, those perked lips. She knew her all too well.

She closed her eyes and reminisced about her past. Back then when the girl group hasn't debuted, Sana was the first real friend she made. They were so close, practically inseparable. They went through hell and hardships together. Even after being separated from her―juggling from the minor group to the major group and back―they still continued being as close as ever. It came to a point where in they sneaked up food in the office with Nayeon using their shoelaces. "It was one hell of a ride" she thought to herself. And let's not forget about the time when the girl group was finally established.

 

*Flashback*

"Sana... I'm sorry..." Momo said in the poorest of voices. She looked up then at her friend who was already called to be part of the new girl group twice. Only one spot was left, and her hopes of debuting with her friend was low. A few months before this day, Sana told her that they were going to debut together. She had all the doubts in the world, yet when Sana reached out to her, and gave her the strength to pull through. She can still remember the last few words she gave her which boosted her spirits.

"I promise..." before receiving a hug from the older one.

"Looks like I can't keep that promise" she forced a smile before the silence.

"And the last member for the girl group is..."  Park Jin-young spoke before the drum roll.

Momo closed her eyesaccepting the fact that her chances of debuting is done.

"Momo Hirai!" He announced

Momo looked in surprise. She covered  with two hands while tears of joy began to fight their way out of her eye lids.

She looked at the line on her right with eight girls clapping their hands to her. Sana gestured for the girl to stand beside herwhich she gladly accepts. She wiped her tears, and let joy uplift her spirits. She looked up and thanked God for giving her this opportunity. She looked at Sana once again who gave her a pat on her shoulders while giving her kind words "I told you so!".

*Flashback end*

She smiled looking at both pictures before laying her forehead on it. She missed the two of them so badly. Dahyun vanished without a trace, while Sana retired from the girl group two weeks before Dahyun's disappearance. But she at least knew Sana's number and there is still constant contact between the two. Infact, she's more worried about the younger girl who just vanished without a trace. She looked up slowly trying her best to keep a tear from dripping out. She then closed her eyes, knowing the tear has finally dried down. She looks at the folder and sees more pictures of Sana.

Her eyes widened as she noticed this. How come there are lots of pictures of her best friend there. She looked at the detective next to her in dismay. She pointed on a picture of Sana, then gestured her hand to the files in front of her. She wanted answers.

The detective watched Momo for a while, and shook his head lightly. He then placed his elbows on the table, and clenched his fingers together before placing his forehead on his thumbs for support. He organized his thoughts before giving out a sigh. He raised his head a bit, and pressed his thumb by his lips. He looked at Momo for a while before stretching, and moving his chair closer to the girl.

"Ok, first of all. I want you to keep it cool, most especially while we are here in my office" he said lightly while peering at the girl. Momo simply nodded at this statement. Minseok looked at the girl, and sighed once more. She took the folder and spread a bunch of papers. It all had notes leading to Sana and he cleared his dry throat. "I'm sure you know this girl well enough" he pointed at the picture of Sana, which made him receive a nod from the girl. He looked at the girl, and took one piece of paper. "She is one of the suspects we have..." he said softly.

Momo widened her eyes in response. She rubbed her temples before covering her face with her hands. "What does this mean?" she thought to herself, while trying her best to piece the puzzle together.

"And we are about 99% sure she is the culprit" the detective stated.

She looked down in disbelief. How can someone as sweet as Sana do this. "Are you sure?" she asked.

The detective nodded, and gave her the paper on his hand. "This is one of our proofs for it" he said, before leaning to the open file. 

Momo read it quietly, and even after all the facts she still feigned ignorance―at least, she didn't want to.

"This Minatozaki girl went back to her dorm buying chocolates... when she didn't enjoy chocolates" he said, earning a giggle from Momo.

"What kind of reason is that?" she looked at the detective in a silly manner. "She could have also just had a change of heart" she said.

The detective shook his head. "That's not all" he said, before reaching out to a folder, removing a small brown envelope from inside it.

Momo watched as the enveloped was being opened, and when she saw the picture, her eyes widened with agape. She slowly reached out to the photo, before swallowing a thick lump of nothing down . Her line of vision was shaky―heck her whole body was trembling. She grabbed the photo, and looked at Mr. Lee in disbelief. The detective nodded his head in reply.

It was a black and white photo of a girl inviting Dahyun in a car at the date she was missing. She was invited by a girl she knew all―those puffy cheeks, that semi perfect figure―it couldn't be any other person. Momo looked at the photo once more before looking back to the detective. "Ha... have you tried talking to her at least?" she asked, with a slight hint of nervousness.

The detective nodded before stretching his arms up, then using it as a rest behind his head. "She didn't deny the fact that they hung out that night, but she said that she personally brought Dahyun home that night. We asked some of your roommates, but only Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were home at that time" the detective sighed. "Chaeyoung said she heard the door open and knew someone went in, but she was too busy drawing to notice, while Tzuyu said she brought Dahyun to her room that night" he ended.

Momo sighed at the thought. Maybe she's just overthinking this... Heck, maybe even Mr. Lee is just being over predictive, she convinces herself before looking back to meet with the detectives eyes.

"When we asked Sana, she answered without a second thought, she was just as worried as you but..." he began to lean on his right hand, and started to think deeper. "She had a blank look in her eyes... I didn't like it" he added. He then showed a recording of Sana talking to one of her costumers, and played it.

 

"Thank you for your order sir!" the waitress ended before writing down on her pad.

"You're welcome" the customer replied.

Sana nodded in response, giving the customer her brightest smile.

"You look blooming today miss..." the customer was scanning the girls uniform for a name tag.

"It's Sana" she giggled before speaking. "And thanks!~ I had an extra dosage of happiness today. I woke up with the cutest thing in the world!" she exclaimed.

"Oooh! What is it? and where can I get myself one of those?" the customer smiled politely.

"You won't find IT anywhere anymore sir" Sana winked, before saying thanks and giving the order to the counter.

 

Momo watched the video intently. "IT could be anything right?" she asked, before looking at the detective. 

The detective nodded and reached out another file from the folder―this time, in a form of a packet. There was a small silver amulet inside, and Momo instantly knew what it was―the amulet she bought for Dahyun. She reached out to it and grabbed it before hugging it tightly, close to her chest. Another tear was fighting it's way out, but she fought her urge to cry.

Mr. Lee looked at the girl cuddling the amulet. As much as he wants to comfort her, he needs to properly explain the details about this case. He gave Momo some time to herself, before calling her attention. "That was lying on the gutter of the street by the dormitory" he explained, and grabbed a Ziploc with a strand of hair. Momo looked at the strand with a confused expression. He then reached out another file and gave it to the girl. "It was stuck with the amulet when we picked it up" he paused, before fixing the already opened files. "We ran the hair through electrophoresis" he stated, and Momo's head tilted at the term. The detective just smiled, and shook his head. "DNA testing in layman's term" he said, receiving a nod of agreement by the girl. "And we scanned the surroundings as well, it was a hair belonging to a Minatozaki line" he said.

Momo's eyes widened at this. "The Minatozaki's? But... Sana is the only Minatozaki here!? Her parents are still in Japan, and she's an only child... Which means..." Momo's body shuddered. Her thoughts once again filled with disbelief, grief, and fear. "Thi... this must be a joke right?" she said, with sad eyes and a crooked smile. She looked at the paper with data, and it had a set of letters―specifically "A","T","G","C"―and the set matched the ones beside it. It was like a mirror copy of the results. Her heart sank from this, along with her will. "Can sana really be the culprit of this mess?" she thought to herself. "Is there anything else I need to know?" she asked the detective.

Mr. Lee nodded for a while then opened another recording. This time it was a CCTV recording, with a date and time and everything. It was a video of the dormitory they are staying at. It was at the same date that Dahyun went missing, and the time stated 22:00:05. A black montero sport was parked in front of the street. It was silent at first, till 22:15:32, where in a figure of a girl in black came out of the car, about 5'3/4 ft "Sana's height!". She walked in the dorm, and carried out a sleeping Dahyun. Momo's eyes widened at this. At that time frame, everyone was out saying they all wanted to go somewhere―except Dahyun who wanted to sleep. She looked closely at the video before looking straight to Mr. Lee with a disheveled look.

Her face is a mess with deep bags under her eyes. Her hair is messy from scratching her head, and stress never made it easy to care for one's self. She looked back at the video, watching every step and activity of the girl. She carried Dahyun in a princess carry manner, and during the carrying process, she sees something shiny fall down 'The amulet'. The girl looked like she buckled up Dahyun before getting back to the drivers seat. Instead of going through the front of the car though, she went around to the back of the car where the CCTV was placed revealing part of her face. She was wearing a hooded jacket but puffy cheeks and a slender figure gave her away. She paused the video, and rewinded it back to that scene. And there she is, the person who picked up Dahyun. Panic filled the girls mind trying to neglect the fact, yet it's there. She moved back a bit and shook her head as to deny. "That can't be!... right?" her head is a mess and it's clouding her judgement. 

The detective just shook his head in response, and held on to Momo's hands. "We tried going to her apartment, and apparently she already moved out" he paused, before pulling back his hands. "We tried asking her boss, but to no avail. She already quit the job saying how sad she was knowing her friend disappeared as an excuse" he stated. "I tried talking to Mr. Park Jin-Young, and apparently even if it was Mr. Jin-young calling, she still won't answer". He then stood up, and invited Momo to stand as well. "Only you 7 apparently can contact her properly... And I need your cooperation for this case" he ended.

They both walked out of the office and were about to say their goodbyes, when Mr. Lee pat Momo's shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't work on this alone" he said before leaving.

 

-Sometime later-

Momo was lying on her bed on their dormitory. Everyone was out and only Momo was there at the time. Momo stood up, and nodded her head. She reached out for her phone and opened the contacts then searched. 

Sana-Chan!~ <3.

Her heart is beating stronger, and her face is frozen. Her breathing was low and she let nervousness and fear flow out her body.

She swallowed whatever was blocking  and dialed.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

Her heart beats faster as the dial up continues.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

Now feeling more nervous than before

Ring... Ring... Ring...

Her nervousness left for awhile thinking that maybe Sana wouldn't answer her...

"Hello?" An all too familiar voice was speaking on the phone.

Momo felt nervous once again. felt dry, and she couldn't speak properly.

"Momoring?" the moment she heard this, she felt the dryness of vanish, and she could finally speak once again

"Sana chan!~ How's it going?" she asked.

"Doing great Momoring!~"

She felt happy knowing that their conversation went well. They continued to talk about their life, and how Sana moved out, and how she is still looking for a place to stay. Momo invited her to the dorm, but Sana said that she couldn't since she will be moving abit farther away for a better job. Momo talked to her as if there was no problem. It went on like that for a while, at least she wanted to.

"Sana... Can I ask you something?" her voice was soft, and Sana knew something was up.

"Go ahead Momoring" her voice was softer than usual.

"The thing is... This will sound funny hehe!...."

"Yes?"

"Ummm.... The thing is... You know about Dahyun right?"

Silence filled the room...

Momo waited for a few seconds for a response

"Yeah... what about Dahyunnie?" Her tone was different―serious yet collected―making it sound eerie. It sent a tingle on Momo's back giving her goosebumps. 

"Yeah... the thing is... I saw a video in the CCTV and a girl who looks like yo..."

"Are you saying it was me, Mo?" There was authority, and hurt in her voice.

A lump formed in Momo's throat, and she swallowed it, all the while strengthening her resolve.

"Sana, I saw it in a video, it can't be anyone else... The black monetero and everything! How can you explain all of that?"

Silence was all she could hear so she checked if the call was dropped. 07:18 the call was still up.

"And what makes you say that it was me and not some other look alike?"

Momo froze at this. She looked up and started thinking. She doesn't feel nervous anymore, nor anxious, nor afraid. She wanted to get to the bottom of everything. Her curiosity and worry is slowly turning to determination. She reached out for her pocket and looked at the amulet.

"The DNA test..." she paused before clenching the amulet holding it close to her heart.

"The amulet I gave to Dahyun was found near the gutter in front of the dorms... It had a strand of hair most likely from when you were carrying her, and her hand was dangling next to your hair or something... I don't know! But in the video, we clearly saw the amulet drop, and when they finally found the amulet the next morning, they found a strand of hair... The DNA matches yours apparently!" her breathing was a bit shallow from explaining everything.

Silenced filled the room once again.

Momo's heart stopped for a second and fear overcame her.

"ha... ha.. ha. hahAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!"

Momo felt her whole body shiver. It was a different kind of feeling, one she hasn't felt in a while... or maybe at all!

It wasn't the kind of fear like watching a scary movie waiting for the jump scare and what not, it was the kind of fear where in you feel like someone is in the house, and broke in with a gun, so you hide praying that the guy won't find you. Like you are holding on to dear life on a string, ready to break any moment. Like if you make a little noise, even if it is just a squeak, he will find you and kill you.

The laugh died down and ended with an exhale.

"Well then, I didn't think I would get caught that fast..."

The statement hit her like a brick. Like that time in middle school where she got pushed by one of her schoolmates who was rushing, making her hit her head.

"Congratulations Momoring!~ You caught me"

Momo just listened for a while still trying to collect her thoughts.

"I just couldn't help it... I'm never happy whenever I'm not with our little Dubu..."

Momo noticed how sad her tone here was. She opened but immediately shut it when Sana continued.

"And I never enjoyed it whenever you take her for yourself!"

Momo's eyes widened as she felt her heart sink.

"I was fine at first... Till it turned into annoyance, which is why I left the group... I get hurt every time I see you flirt with her..."

Momo felt irritated now, she just hated how her other Japanese friend was confusing her more and more. And the fact is, most of what's coming out of was senseless and selfish things. And that's exactly what it is!

"SANA! You're being UNREASONABLE and SELFISH!" she lashed out of anger.

"WHERE'S DAHYUN? I SWEAR IF YOU DARE DO ANYTHING!"

"Don't worry Momoring!~ She's fine! Infact, she is sleeping right now. She's so cute when she sleeps~"

Momo felt irritated upon hearing her unreasonable friend. 

"SANA! Why are you doing this?"

"Because Momoring, I can't be happy without her... I tried running away, I just felt lonely... I tried ignoring but my heart always looks for a way to find her... "

"IT FREAKING !" It was Sana's turn to scream.

Momo clenched her fist. It was a stupid reason! There was no good reason for taking Dahyun but for a simple jealousy.

"So, I took her with me~"

"SHE'S NOT EVEN YOURS TO BEGIN WITH SANA!"

Silence filled the room for a while

"And you're trying to say that she's yours?"

Momo clicked her tongue. She knows that she has finally lost her friend. She massaged her temples and sighed.

"Do you even hear yourself right now? All this for jealousy?"

Sana giggled at this "I'm afraid it's more than that Momoring~"

"DANG IT SANA!" Momo finally snapped "WHERE'S DAHYUN!? BRING HER BACK TO US"

"I'm afrad I can't do that Mo~"

"And why so?"

"You already said so yourself Momoring~ I'm selfish"

"Sana... please..." Momo's sounding more desperate as she pleads.

Silence filled the room for a while before Momo broke the silence.

"Sana?"

*click*  the call ended.

Momo clenched her fists hard before throwing her phone on her bed, making it bounce straight to the wall.

"SAAAANAAAAAAA!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs before sitting down on her bed. Her breathing was heavy, she tilted her head directly to the phone. She reached out to it and checked for any damages. Luckily, only her tempered glass was shattered, so she unlocked her phone and tried dialing Sana's number once more. 

"The number you have dialed isn't available right now, please leave a message after the beep... Beep!"

Momo looked at her phone, and sighed before ending the call.

She covered her face. "I lose both of them..." she thought to herself before sobbing.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It's been three months since the incident.

She reached the end of the alley and entered the apartment.

She nodded at the concierge before going to the third floor.

"This is it..." 

"The moment of truth..."

The end of the wild goose chase...

She opened the door, and walked inside the dark room.

Her heart beating like a drum and her breathing matches it... 

The room was cold and her steps were echoing everywhere in the room.

Her hand, feeling the wall searching for a switch.

Her fingers felt a switch, and she breathed in some air.

"Show time!" She flicked the switch open, and saw an unoccupied room.

Her heart sunk as she scanned the room.

Her eyes was focused on the table with a sticky note.

"I'm one step ahead of you Momoring!~ ;) -Sana"

She crumpled the note and slammed the table.

She's back to square one.

She looked out of the room and noticed that the rain has finally started pouring.

 

-Sometime later-

The police closed the apartment room and surrounded it with a "do not cross" tape line all across the door. They ,were investigating everything, but to no avail. The room was cleaned properly.

Momo grit her teeth and her eyes reddened in anger. She was pissed at Sana for doing this to not just her, but to everyone in twice, every once in the world, Dahyun's parents, her brother, basically everyone. And most importantly, she hates herself for letting it get this far. She then bit her finger and was being comforted by Mina.

Momo sighed and walked away from the group of people surrounding her. She needed to breath. She sighed and scratched the back of her head. She is now collecting her thoughts, and is waiting for something good to come out of the police's investigation. It was being lead by Mr. Lee―so she wouldn't have to worry―but three months have passed since the incident, and she's starting to lose it. Her worry clouds her judgement, but she knows she is close to getting to the truth. Just a bit more push, she can feel it! At least that's what she wants to think. She sighed, took out the note once more, and straightened it. This time the back side of the sticky note is seen. There was a phone number there. Her eyes widened, and she ran back to the group of people she left.

The group looked at the Momo running before slowing to a complete stop. Momo looked at them while out of breath, and lowered her head to rest. The group consisted of Nayeon, Jungyeon, Jihyo, Mina, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Mr. Lee. After Momo finally relaxed a bit, she explained the whole situation with the note to them.

"I think you should call the number" The detective stated.

Everyone agreed, and Momo grabbed her phone, and dialed the number. She put the call on speaker phone so that everyone can hear their conversation. 

Ring... Ring... Ring...

The phone rang for a while before finally, someone answered.

"Moshi-Moshi~" the girl answered with a  happy demeanor.

Everyone was silent, including Momo. She hasn't heard this light voice in months.

"Sana!" Momo shouted in feelings of both anger and worry.

"Hello Momoring~"

"Where's Dahyun?!" Momo exclaimed, "Where did you bring her and what did you do to her?".

Sana giggled at the question. "You don't have to worry about that, she's in good condition!~" she said playfully.

"Sana! Cut the crap!" Momo screamed, her voice sounding tired.

"Just turn yourself in... we don't hate you for what you have done..." she said, with a worrisome voice.

Momo inhaled and puffed her chest.

"And give us back our Dahyun!" She exclaimed.

She waited for awhile. Silence filled the area before it was broken by a laugh...

That laugh that sent chills on the back of her spine. A laugh of those people who have finally hit an all time low and went psycho.

"I'm sorry momoring!~" There was a short pause.

"That's not something I can do" she said

"She is not yours for the taking" Sana claimed. 

"And you think she's yours?" momo asked, and the only reply she received was a giggle.

"Sana? are you still there? She's not yours either! Just tell us where she is! We need to know!" she starting to have a weak watery voice.

"I want to know..." she said in a faded demeanor.

"I'm sorry Momoring~ I am starting to lose you. It's chappy!" she said, in the most playful voice.

"Sana? Wait! Don't hang up!" Before she could even finish, the call was ended.

Mr. Lee took note of this and sighed. He looked up and saw that the stars looked bright tonight. He was hoping that today's event would be fruitful. He politely asked for the note on Momo's hand, and went back to the room to help take pictures of the area.

Momo looked down at her feet. Tears starting to well under her baggy eyes. She's finally starting to lose it, and she covered her face. Her minds a mess and her heart is heavy, she cried for three months already yet tears still find a way to come out. Mina went to Momo and gave her a hug. Chaeyoung was standing next to mina and covered both of them with her blanket. Chaeyoung felt like they needed it more than her. Jhiyo was with Nayeon and Jungyeon sharing a blanket and some hot chocolate, while Tzuyu was leaning her back against the wall with both hands at her back.

"I'm sorry Momo Unnie..." Tzuyu thought to herself.

Her left hand was holding her right wrist while the other was holding her phone.

'Message sent'

'Sana-Unnie'

[End]

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Hey guys! Thanks for sticking with me this far ;w;

If it's not that obvious, I am very bad at these kinds of mysteries so please bear with me.

I had fun writing this story and this is my way of saying "Dang it Twice! ;w; How come SaiDa died down and all I'm seeing is SaTzu and DahMo >o<

It was a sad time for me... And this is how I retaliate! Hahahaha!~ Anyways, last chapter comes next.

Tzuyu's POV and how the whole act was made, so hope you stick with me till there!

I also love your comments guys, it fills me with determination!

I also like easter eggs, if it's not obvious yet >w< Every chapter I make for tiwce always ALWAYS has an easter egg, so let's see if you guys can find them?

I plan on making a one shot soon, and a different story. This time fluff! No dark story, yes a touchy topic though.

This time though, it will be a full series >w< ANd it will probably be my last story to write before I quit it with writing any stories here...

Unless more Saida appears in the future which will inspire me :D Hopefully xD

Anyways, Thanks again :D