In your embrace

My Happiness

'Hana! Dul Set! One in a million! Annyeong Haseyo Twiceimnida!~ '

claps and cheers can be heard everywhere.

Bright lights over shadow the faces of the many fans in front of my eyes.

I simply smile at the sight, and wave my hand giving my warmest of smiles.

I look to my left and see familiar faces.

They looked at me, yet I can only see a dark shadow covering their faces.

Everything went silent, and all I can see are bright lights and an empty auditorium.

I check the people beside me, yet all I can see is an empty stage.

I sat down with my hands hugging my knees. 

All alone here in this place...

'Jagiya!' a voice can be heard from a distance.

I slowly looked up, and see a familiar face running towards me...

That beautiful brown hair, those brown eyes that shows comfort...

Those arms running close that signifies home...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun sat up with the same cold atmosphere, in the same room, on the same mattress. The room was light colored in dirty white. Beside the bed was the same, there was a coffee table and a small kitchen extended to the door. The pantry was beside the sink with the wardrobe, while the bathroom was directly in front of the kitchen.

She woke up from her afternoon nap with her heart pounding like a taiko drum, being bashed with it's drum stick. She looks around seeing the same room she wakes up to every day, yet something felt off. Like that feeling when you walk to your office, and see a different potted plant on the corner of the room. Natural yet different. She then stretched her arms and shook the thought away.

Everyday, Dahyun would just sit in bed and read a book. Her feet can only feel minimal sensation, so walking to the bathroom to relieve herself was a bother. Hence, she would rather sit down. Every now and then, Sana would bring some new books to read after she's done reading her recent book.

The room she stays at has no windows, hence she can't tell the season or place she is―only has a wall clock to help her tell the time. Staying in doors everyday really bores her, but for some reason, she feels suffocated whenever she nears the exit. Her weak legs proves to be even more difficult to walk around with.

She sighs, and walks to the table with a note on top of it, together with a container. 

'Don't forget to drink your medicine tonight at 7... Love, Sana xoxo'

She smiles seeing the name she grew to know and love before checking the time. It was still 4:32 pm so she decides to walk to the pantry, and grab herself some instant ramen. She then proceeds to heat up some water in the kettle, and wait for it to boil. Once it's done, she opens the instant ramen, took out the packets inside, poured some boiling water―with whatever contents lie in those packets, grabbed a fork, and placed it on top of the lid―to let the water steam the ramen to perfection.

There is no source of entertainment in the room except for the books in the shelves by the study table. She then grabbed her now finished instant ramen, and browsed for a new book to read. She grabbed a book―with a bookmark nearing the end of the story―then placed the book on the bed, and fixed herself till she felt the comfort of sitting down in an indian sit position. The ramen is in between her thighs, and the book was in front of her. There is no tv in the apartment, and she has no phone as well. So she enjoys her past time eating/drinking hot food/drinks while reading a book. It's been that way for quite sometime now. She then goes back to reading the book that was by the bed . 

'The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni'.

It was a nice book, and to think everything started with a boy who loved to fly kites with his friend, till they separate and grow older. Eventually his best friend dies, and he was left to take care of the son of his friend. Dahyun found the story to be touching, knowing that the main character is a friend that will go through hell for his best friend. It fills her with determination.

Dahyun took a while to finish the book. Her once sitting position became one that has her lying down with a pillow for a head rest, her knees are clasped together and bent―forming an upside down 'V'―supporting the book. While her hands are supporting the cover. She closed the book, and tossed it aside. She looked at the time, and saw that it was already 2 mins past 7. She smiled, and looked at the note on top of the table again.

"Sana-unnie will be mad at me if I don't drink my medicine" she thought to herself, and smiled.

So she sat up, and went to grab a glass of cold water before preparing to drink the medicine.

She opened the container, and drank the two pills. She disliked it, one was bitter while the other was sour. It didn't leave a good impression as the taste slowly lingered in . The medicine surprisingly melts fast once in contact with her saliva―and it .

"Ughhhhh, I know this is for my own good but yeesh! Why can't medicine be sweet?" She retorted, before laughing at her train of thought.

After taking a step, she felt weaker. "An after effect?" she thought to herself, and held on the table for support. It was nothing like she has felt before. Her legs were giving in, her head was pounding, and her breathing became heavy. She looked at the walls of the room, the once dirty white wall became a shade of gray. The room felt colder than before. The lights were dim, and her neck...

Her eyes opened wide, there was a black leather collar surrounding her neck. A silver padlock in a shape of a heart was placed to secure it tight. And even worse, a chain that connects from the collar, to the wall beside the bed. Sweat drips down her face, as fear slowly creeps in her.

She held the chain connecting the collar to the wall, and flashed a crooked grin. "Wha-what is this?" She blurted out shakily. She slowly pulls the chain which made a clank. She then slowly walks towards the wall holding the end of the chain.

'Step... Step.. Step..' she slowly made her way to the bed, and climbed it.

She checked the foundation of the chain, and it was screwed tight with 4 bolts for the four corners of the metal block. "This... This isn't real! r-right?" she said in the most quiet of voice.

She yanked the chain with all her might, yet it was all for naught. She was too weak to even pull it off. Tears slowly build and she was left sitting on the bed like a fetus. Her arms embracing her knees. She felt helpless, lost, alone.

'Hana! Dul Set! One in a million! Annyeong Haseyo Twiceimnida!~ '

She hears it from the back of her mind. She looks up and sees bright stage lights. She felt like she was there before. She looked to her left, and right. There stood 7 others, their face were shadowed. Everyone was laughing, and enjoying their time―she felt nostalgic. Here watery eyes stopped flowing, as she watches everyone interact. At one point, there was a girl with bangs and black hair―with her face still shadowed, but she was wearing  a crop top revealing her toned abs and y body. 

She knew her...

She just couldn't pinpoint where exactly. But feelings of being roommates were there in a distant land. Seeing a statue of a lion head with a fish tail, riding a cable cart in a cold area, being shopping buddies. Heck, she felt like they used to dance together. In fact, she knows deep inside her that she was a good dancer.

Over by the corner, there was a girl who walks like a penguin, going from one side to the other to play with a long-haired short girl―a bit shorter than Dahyun. She sees 3 Girls messing around, one had a bob with blue hair, one had a loud voice and the other had rabbit-like teeth―yet their faces were shaded. She watches as a tall girl go in between the short girl and the penguin. 

Dahyun felt happy, yet melancholic at the same time. One part of her feels like a kid watching her favorite tv show cartoon, and one part of her feels lonely as if a kid got lost in her neighborhood―where she knows she has seen the houses and street, but she can't find the house she stays at.

She smiled, and reached out. But everything faded.

"Wait... Don't go!" she pleaded.

"I wanna join you!"

"I want to know your names!"

"I want to see your faces and hang out like we used to!" She screamed.

She went on all fours and reached out her hand, but all she could see is an empty stage.

Her whole being felt empty. She stopped, and looked in dismay before curling up into a ball again.

She's all alone, and all she could do is cry there.

Minutes pass by, and all she could feel is the cold deafening silence.

"Dahyun-ah!" she heard a familiar voice.

She looked up, and saw the face she knew all too well. Staring at her with a bright smile and her eyes closed. With her body leaning to the front, and her two hands resting at her back.

"Sana-unnie..." She said, and smiled.

Dahyun closed her eyes, and memories of their time together replayed in her mind. And with those thoughts, she felt her body getting lighter. She looked at the face of the beautiful girl in front of her, as she wipes her tears away. For some reason, whenever she sees Sana, she can't help but smile and feel like all the pains in the world are swept away.

Which reminded her that she hasn't gone to church in a while.

She closed her eyes, and gave the girl in front of her the brightest of all smiles she could give.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun sat up with the same cold atmosphere, in the same room, on the same mattress. The room was light colored in dirty white. Beside the bed was the same coffee table, and a small kitchen extended to the door. The pantry was beside the sink, with the wardrobe. While the bathroom was directly in front of the kitchen.

She woke up from her evening nap with her heart beating lightly, and her mind feeling refreshed. She looks around seeing the same room she wakes up to every day, and it felt right. She sat at the edge of the bed after stretching, and checked the time.

9:54 pm.

"Ahhh! It's just about time for Sa..." she thought to herself, and heard the door creak open.

A girl she grew to know... grew to love!

Dahyun's eyes started shining, glowing even!

Sana walked in with a wet umbrella in her hand, while with the other was removing her shoes.

Excitement filled Dahyun's thoughts, and couldn't help but feel jittery.

"Jagiyaaa!~" She screamed, while waving her hand to call the girl in front of her in.

"Dahyunnie!~" The girl replied, and ran up to the girl on the bed. Giving her the tightest of all the hugs she has given her.

Dahyun felt the warmth that she needed, the heat she longed for, the company that filled that empty space. She felt like she was at home. Like a little kid who was given a star in kindergarten, and she was about to brag to her parents for praises. Like a bee in a hive. Like a bird in a flock. She felt like she belonged.

She smiled, and looked at the girl in front of her and she thought, "I really do feel safe in your...". Her train of thought was cut, after she felt the arms that were wrapped around her loosened it's grip.

"How was your day unnie?"
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

 

Hope you guys enjoyed Dahyun's POV in the story!

I just had to add fluff at the end >o<

Special thanks to those who subbed and comment on my story ;w;

It always fills my heart reading comments and seeing subs.

Fills me with determination! 'and motivation' 

Anyways, I plan to make a new story "A Highschool Au"

Hope you guys will join me there too!

Also, I'm contemplating if I should add a Momo's POV >w<

As always, thanks for reading!~